Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2017, 06:31 AM

5,190 posts, read 5,334,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiangirl_2015 View Post
You can't live your life in fear of something that might happen. If it does, it does. You will be sad, and eventually get over it. That's just life. In the meantime, why worry about something you have zero control over...
This is just so right on. This is exactly why I live mostly day by day.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2017, 03:25 PM

1,825 posts, read 1,420,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiangirl_2015 View Post
You need to try to get over this. My husband and I have both been cheated on in the past, in fact I was a few times. But we do not let this affect our marriage. We dealt with those issues before we met. We trust each other. Don't monitor each other, travel separately when we want, etc. You can't live your life in fear of something that might happen. If it does, it does. You will be sad, and eventually get over it. That's just life. In the meantime, why worry about something you have zero control over. The only control you have over this is to choose wisely in a partner. And it sounds like you have chosen a nice person. So just let things progress. No one knows what the future can hold. But just know whatever happens, you will be ok.
You are so right. And it's something that I need to work on. It's a fear is all it is. One that I need to overcome because if not it will eat me alive.
Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships