Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2017, 11:08 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,195,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
During his 16 year relationship (assuming that's true), he must have peaked at some late teens or 20somethings profiles, or he heard stories from his red pill associates. Maybe his area just has poor options, or maybe widen your search to avoid the college-aged set?

I don't recall seeing duck face in the profiles I saw on OKC, but it just may be the type of women I was matched with weren't into the trend?

I've seen them on things like tinder. It's a new thing the past few years. Swipe left.

Never on a dating site though, but I sort by match percentage, so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
??? Have I missed something?
Um, like? What do you think you missed?

Old 07-21-2017, 11:19 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,403,330 times
Quote:
??? Have I missed something?
Like what? Lol. I checked out women's profiles on occasion and talked to some women. I became friends with a couple. (I'm also attracted to some women, but that wasn't the reason for checking out profiles.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I've seen them on things like tinder. It's a new thing the past few years. Swipe left.

Never on a dating site though, but I sort by match percentage, so...

Um, like? What do you think you missed?
Exactly. Sorting that way, I rarely came across these types and their male counterparts. I remember there was an option to see whose online in your area, and that was usually when I'd come across uninteresting profiles or non-matches. And of course the messages I received that weren't from actual matches or people that shared a high match percentage.

Old 07-21-2017, 11:52 AM

23,180 posts, read 26,328,614 times
A big problem I have run across is those with my highest percentage match are almost invariably much younger than I am.The majority are not interested in older.

It's too bad there isn't an extra selection for Extra Important Absolute Dealbreaker that was weighed so heavily that the rest wouldn't matter, like how adamant some are about smoking.
Answer that wrong and a 95% drops to 0.

Old 07-21-2017, 12:25 PM

102,411 posts, read 108,779,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rombus View Post

Profile photos that are 'unpleasant'. The woman is not smiling, worse she is frowning or staring at the camera with a look of complete and utter disapproval of just about everything. Why go through the trouble of posting a profile to find a guy and then use a photo that screams "I am an unhappy, angry person, STAY AWAY!'??
This is like the bathroom selfies guys post. Is that the best they can do, really? Do they really think women want to see the shower curtain or toilet in the background? Why would it occur to them to photog themselves in the bathroom in the first place? It's mystifying.

Old 07-21-2017, 12:31 PM

13,261 posts, read 8,112,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
During his 16 year relationship (assuming that's true), he must have peaked at some late teens or 20somethings profiles, or he heard stories from his red pill associates. Maybe his area just has poor options, or maybe widen your search to avoid the college-aged set?

I don't recall seeing duck face in the profiles I saw on OKC, but it just may be the type of women I was matched with weren't into the trend?

I think some people are getting Timberline and Rocky mixed up.

Old 07-21-2017, 12:35 PM

41,936 posts, read 37,195,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This is like the bathroom selfies guys post. Is that the best they can do, really? Do they really think women want to see the shower curtain or toilet in the background? Why would it occur to them to photog themselves in the bathroom in the first place? It's mystifying.
Um, you think this is a guy thing? I don't look a dude profiles, but there are loads of women where all their pics are like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
I think some people are getting Timberline and Rocky mixed up.
Maybe someone is, who? Certainly not Meta.

Old 07-21-2017, 12:52 PM

11,840 posts, read 12,123,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky1975 View Post
LOL been with the same woman 16 years. Suck s you have to resort to dating low status desperate men from online dating sites................stay salty and desperate
So why is it you created a thread about "we guys" if you've been in a relationship for 16 years? Why do you care what anyone does on OLD?

Old 07-21-2017, 01:23 PM

23,180 posts, read 26,328,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post

That's where their biggest mirror is?
Some do have dresser mirrors so you get to see an unmade bed. Careless or suggestive?
I vote careless.

Saw a nice looking man's the other day, taken in his kitchen.
Man, what a mess! Counters and table top cluttered to the max.

Old 07-21-2017, 03:47 PM

20,779 posts, read 20,120,280 times
Quote:

Saw a nice looking man's the other day, taken in his kitchen.
Man, what a mess! Counters and table top cluttered to the max.
Maybe he thinks it supports his cry for a woman (to clean up)

Old 07-21-2017, 03:52 PM

1,178 posts, read 689,688 times
Men do this--please no more selfies in the bathroom that is, in the background, messy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships