Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2017, 01:49 PM

477 posts, read 316,536 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Why do you "often see this" on OLD? What does your other half, of 16 years, think of you spending so much time scoping out other women's profiles on dating sites?
Whooa... I didn't get that deep into the thread. Have you been Married/LTR for 16 YEARS, Rombus? If so, why in holy hell are u looking this deeply into all of these women's profiles (or even at all)?

Old 07-22-2017, 01:58 PM

1,780 posts, read 2,690,544 times
Default We Meet Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningPoeFrost View Post
Whooa... I didn't get that deep into the thread. Have you been Married/LTR for 16 YEARS, Rombus? Why, in holy hell, are u looking this deeply into all of these women's profiles?
Hello Browning...Liberty had gotten OP Rombus mixed up with a different poster, whose SN ends in 1975...

I was late to the party myself, and almost made the same 'mistake' as Liberty did

Old 07-22-2017, 02:01 PM

691 posts, read 423,258 times
Posting wishes or - in a perfect world my life would be...- statements about what they are looking for. Realistic posts about what their life IS got my attention faster.

Women who go on about how -their kids are their world- mostly that translates into a narcissistic mom that uses her kids lives to make themselves look like a good person. however in real practice they tell they're kids to stay in their room and watch their movie and eat their snacks.

Don't bother bragging about income or independence- everyone looking for a relationship is independent and tired of it because there is a point where its simply called loneliness.

Last edited by mstelm; 07-22-2017 at 02:02 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 07-22-2017, 02:01 PM

477 posts, read 316,536 times
^^ Ah I see... Sorry Op. Would have made an interesting twist to the thread though. LOL

Old 07-22-2017, 02:28 PM

11,836 posts, read 12,120,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincatfish View Post
Hello Browning...Liberty had gotten OP Rombus mixed up with a different poster, whose SN ends in 1975...

I was late to the party myself, and almost made the same 'mistake' as Liberty did
Dang! Thanks for the catch.

Old 07-22-2017, 04:05 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,911,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rombus View Post
I am talking about Constructive Criticism - not put downs and insults. In fact I would love for the ladies to start a similar topic to help inform we guys. I for one am often ignorant of how women look at certain things. Just ask me about my lesson in descent footware.
Nice thought, but it only last for NINE minutes:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky1975 View Post
"Looking for a REAL man who will ACCEPT my kids" -- you know what that is code for"Must be over 6ft, 10/10 facial aesthetics, 100K salary minimum, will spoil me" -- yet the 2/10, minimum wage earning potential thinks they deserve this quality lo lEven 2/10 plain janes can temporarily land a 5/10 or above Chad, Tyrone, or Chang Thunderwang LOL been with the same woman 16 years. Suck s you have to resort to dating low status desperate men from online dating sites................stay salty and desperate
Geez, don't be a woman and say you're not having a hard time. Actually I wouldn't even say I have enormous success, I just have fun with it and have someone to do things with once in a while, another person may call this an awful failure bc they haven't found a spouse, or LTR, it's all how ya look at it...This is why we can't have nice things, too many bitterboys.

Quote:
Dang! Thanks for the catch.
He didn't come back after the slip up.

It's enlightening, I'm going to see how to tweek my profile to attract a "Chang Thunderwang" next time. At least he might have a sense of humor, and if nothing else.....

Old 07-23-2017, 08:26 AM

365 posts, read 259,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLind View Post
On top of all this, don't focus on what you want. That's so self centered. I met my awesome boyfriend online by talking about what I had to offer a man. What made me a good woman and a good catch. It's the old adage, "sell yourself!" (figuratively that is).
An Excellent thought!

Long list of "I wants" are often deal killers, IMHO.

I would even avoid saying things like "Having a boat (or whatever) gets you extra points" as it sends the message, "I may find you interesting, but when that guy with the boat comes along it's See Yah!! The lady may not mean that, but reading between the lines, that what it seems to say. If you like sailing just say "Sailing is in my blood and I do it as often as possible". Guys who get seasick in the bathtub will take the hint.

Old 07-23-2017, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Why do you "often see this" on OLD? What does your other half, of 16 years, think of you spending so much time scoping out other women's profiles on dating sites?
You are confused. No 'other half'. No 16 year relationships.

Old 07-23-2017, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountains-and-lakes View Post
I hate it when they say must make me laugh. WTF? When did I become your private standup comedian????
Yes, that one bothers me also. I mean it's nice to be with somebody you can laugh with, but that statement can be construed as "I'm unhappy. Fix me".

Old 07-23-2017, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningPoeFrost View Post
Whooa... I didn't get that deep into the thread. Have you been Married/LTR for 16 YEARS, Rombus? If so, why in holy hell are u looking this deeply into all of these women's profiles (or even at all)?
Nope. Not currently married. Been single for many years. Not currently in any kind of relationship.

I think adultery is one of the cruelest things one human being can do to another. I am 100% legally single and have been for many years. Any woman I date has to be single according to the law, not just in her mind, not separated, not because she wasn't married in the church, etc.

I have no idea why the other person thinks that. Perhaps they have confused me with somebody else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships