Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2017, 01:35 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,426,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
once again you are not getting what i am saying. as i have said many times in the past, i take what others are willing to give, and give what i am willing to give.

as for a woman pushing things along faster than i am comfortable with, that might happen at some point, but hasnt yet(and i am pushing 59). i put others happiness before mine. there are things i wont do to make someone happy, but for the most part, their happiness is much more important than mine is, to the point where my happiness comes from making them happy.

its called being unselfish.
Which is fine, nothing wrong with that whatsoever. Just make sure it never gets to the point where you're basically a doormat for the other person. I'm also unselfish, and enjoy making other happy (dating sense or not), but that doesn't mean I don't have my own desires and thoughts as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2017, 01:40 PM

13,041 posts, read 22,249,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inacitysomewhere View Post
Just out of curiosity, How long do you date someone until you are sure you want to take things to the next level? Next level being committed relationship. For me, I would prefer to date for quite some time--six months or so--but that does not appear to be the norm.
When it feels right.

I know that's pretty vague, but it's about as accurate of a general answer as I can give.

Most of the time I think both you and your partner will be on the same page and the length of time will depend entirely on you two. You'll feel like it's time and you'll be able to tell that they feel like it's the right time. Sometimes, it'll be the "right time" when you're at a point where you want to get committed, and you want them to know regardless of whether they might feel the same or not. Because if you are ready and they aren't, it's still the "right" time to be honest and see how they respond.

This is one of those things I think I've worried about maybe after the first few days when I've liked someone, but never more than that. Because you typically develop a rhythm and comfort level with someone quickly enough to have a good feel for where they are on this early on. After the first handful of dates, I've never worried about it. It just falls into place. If you feel like you're rushing it, you probably are. If you feel like you're dragging your feet, you probably are. It's just not typically that challenging to tell.

Old 08-21-2017, 06:17 PM

1,178 posts, read 688,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflyfish View Post
Nothing wrong with that strategy at all. It's smart to not become exvlusive too quickly, IMO. May true love find you. Good luck!
Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships