Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2017, 02:30 PM

1,915 posts, read 1,484,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishViking View Post
I wonder what women would think if I, or guys in general listed a criteria for weight to height ratio of women I'm interested in.

Like "I'm 6'4 230 lbs, and prefer women with smaller midsection and larger chest area than myself"
They do. I generally ignored them because I always wondered if I really would be good enough. Usually guys code it by saying, “must be athletic and active.” I’m a healthy weight for my height and I work out every day, but am I “athletic?” I really don’t think so. I mean, I can’t run a marathon or anything. 5k, yeah, but that’s it. Is that good enough for this guy or is he looking for a triathlete? So I just thought, “meh, next!” and would go to the next profile.

I suppose guys could do the same (ignore the profiles with body requirement references).

Old 10-01-2017, 02:33 PM

497 posts, read 697,604 times
Quote:
I wonder what women would think if I, or guys in general listed a criteria for weight to height ratio of women I'm interested in.

Like "I'm 6'4 230 lbs, and prefer women with smaller midsection and larger chest area than myself"
As a woman, i think that would be great. I would much rather a guy let me know what he wants, and if i don't fit the bill, then i will move along to the next guy. Would save both parties a lot of time if people clearly communicated what they wanted.

Old 10-01-2017, 02:39 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,379,362 times
Quote:

Well, I did see profiles that got pretty specific about weight requirements and HWP or even references to WHR. "I'm 200 lbs, and won't date a woman near, at or over my weight."

Alrighty then. Even at my smallest, I was 180ish lbs. Next...

Old 10-01-2017, 02:51 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,379,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gagirlatl View Post
As a woman, i think that would be great. I would much rather a guy let me know what he wants, and if i don't fit the bill, then i will move along to the next guy. Would save both parties a lot of time if people clearly communicated what they wanted.
Yep. No big deal. I even saw profiles that stated a preference for petite women, and being tall, that certainly wasn't me.

Interestingly, my ex before I met my husband was pretty selective and actually revised his profile a few times because a lot of responses said he seemed "too picky." In any case, he did list his preference for petite women because he'd never dated a woman over 5'5" and a size 6. We were highly matched and seemed to have a lot in common, but when I saw that I decided against sending a message. But he saw that I looked at his profile and sent me a rather long message and seemed absolutely smitten.

I weighed more than him by 12ish lbs, and an inch shorter vs. the 5+ he was accustomed to.

Old 10-01-2017, 02:58 PM

51 posts, read 80,381 times
If you're short then you're undesirable to women period. Not being mean but it's a fact. You have to understand that short men are as desirable to women as fat women are desirable to you (meaning: not at all). The repulsion to short men is quite strong in women, even as an ugly fat girl I'd rather date an ugly fat guy who's super tall than a handsome short guy. So don't go on tinder because there are attractive girls there who can date handsome tall guys and would reject you for your height alone. Try real life where you can meet people with common interests so people will be less shallow and maybe meet a super short girl who would be okay with your height.

Old 10-01-2017, 03:11 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,108,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Br0kengirl View Post
If you're short then you're undesirable to women period. Not being mean but it's a fact. You have to understand that short men are as desirable to women as fat women are desirable to you (meaning: not at all). The repulsion to short men is quite strong in women, even as an ugly fat girl I'd rather date an ugly fat guy who's super tall than a handsome short guy. So don't go on tinder because there are attractive girls there who can date handsome tall guys and would reject you for your height alone. Try real life where you can meet people with common interests so people will be less shallow and maybe meet a super short girl who would be okay with your height.
This is why I don't approach women

Old 10-01-2017, 03:17 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,369,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Br0kengirl View Post
Okay Dude, LOl.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.