Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2017, 11:38 AM

9,375 posts, read 6,980,084 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostplusnone View Post
Hi folks. I’m new here. I’m a 40 year old man that is semi new to the dating world. So my girlfriend and I recently got into a very bad argument and I need to know, did I overreact? She asked me to buy her concert tickets. They are very expensive. I have done this in the past but this time I said no. She said ok. I’ll just ask my ex husband. I thought she was kidding. She asked. Later when I asked her about it she said, yeah I asked him. He’s gonna call me later. I got very angry and hung up. Repeatedly. I feel crushed. Deflated. I dont know why and I can’t get over this. I told her if I had known she was serious I would’ve bought them. She says she told me she was going to ask him so she’s done nothing wrong. She said she told him that her boyfriend won’t buy them so will he? I am so angry but now I wonder if I’m overreacting. Please help.
Let's start at the beginning:

1) You're 40 - so assume you're a grown arse man and not a widdle boy
2) Your girlfriend can buy concert tickets for herself as she is not 19 correct?
3) Who give a fug about her ex husband. They are divorced for a reason so if he wants to give her cash to so beit.
4) You hung up on her? Is this 8th grade?

I'd suggest a review of the following. Is she using you for money? Is her happiness in your relationship all predicated upon her getting your money and her way? Based upon these reflections I think you'll have your answer on if you need to have her kick rocks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2017, 11:39 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,377,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
I guess my jealousy threshold is higher than that. I have exes that are as you described and I also have exes that I can and do still remain friends with and whom have no issues if I ask for financial assistance.

I wouldn't be bothered by my partner contacting their ex wife if they wanted me to buy them something and I already turned them down. But you're absolutely right - the OP should definitely seriously consider breaking up with her if her behavior is bothering him to the way he described in his OP: "I feel crushed. Deflated. I dont know why and I can’t get over this."

Those are excellent reasons that the two are not compatible.
It's one thing to be amicable...or to be friends...but to be the kind of friends that give out expensive yet frivolous concert tickets? She wasn't asking for money for a medical problem or some other bill.

Old 10-19-2017, 12:34 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
I imagine the call

gold digger: "hey Bill, so, uhm, I wanna go to a concert and my bf is not paying for my ticket, can you pay for it?"
ex husband: "I always told you he is a ...., I'll gladly pay for your ticket. In return I want ...."

Old 10-19-2017, 12:54 PM

16,709 posts, read 19,416,576 times
Quote:
Hi folks. I’m new here. I’m a 40 year old man that is semi new to the dating world. So my girlfriend and I recently got into a very bad argument and I need to know, did I overreact? She asked me to buy her concert tickets...this time I said no. She said ok. I’ll just ask my ex husband.
Throw this stank fish back to the swamp.

Old 10-19-2017, 01:01 PM

5,742 posts, read 4,701,984 times
Wonder what the ex is getting in return for buying the concert tickets... cuz he sure as hell isn't doing it for free...

Old 10-19-2017, 03:01 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Quote:
Hi folks. I’m new here. I’m a 40 year old man that is semi new to the dating world. So my girlfriend and I recently got into a very bad argument and I need to know, did I overreact? She asked me to buy her concert tickets. They are very expensive. I have done this in the past but this time I said no. She said ok. I’ll just ask my ex husband. I thought she was kidding. She asked. Later when I asked her about it she said, yeah I asked him. He’s gonna call me later. I got very angry and hung up. Repeatedly. I feel crushed. Deflated. I dont know why and I can’t get over this. I told her if I had known she was serious I would’ve bought them. She says she told me she was going to ask him so she’s done nothing wrong. She said she told him that her boyfriend won’t buy them so will he? I am so angry but now I wonder if I’m overreacting. Please help.
No you did not over react, cut this one loose soon. She appears to believe that you and her ex husband should provide things she wants instead of paying for them herself.
Walk away and don't look back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships