Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2019, 06:04 PM

9 posts, read 2,837 times

Advertisements

according to former 'transgenders' who have gone BACK to their original sex....You can find a few on youtube with the title: He Used To Be Trans...the title is "Here’s What He Wants Everyone To Know"......

He goes into how his grandma put him in a dress as a kid and told him how pretty he looked and yada, yada, yada...This started his path....He now says it should be child crime to do this to what he went through......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2019, 08:27 AM

230 posts, read 115,125 times
I'm sorry but I would rather be alone than settle for someone that no longer fits with me. There are other fish in the sea so I don't understand why you are settling for this? Yes you are 50 but you are acting as if your life is over. Sorry but I would rather start over or actually be alone than be in a Loveless marriage. You are essentially in a lesbian relationship and either you have to accept that or move on.

Old 10-28-2019, 12:54 PM

4,042 posts, read 2,712,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneMeyer View Post
I'm sorry but I would rather be alone than settle for someone that no longer fits with me. There are other fish in the sea so I don't understand why you are settling for this? Yes you are 50 but you are acting as if your life is over. Sorry but I would rather start over or actually be alone than be in a Loveless marriage. You are essentially in a lesbian relationship and either you have to accept that or move on.
Did you even read the entire thread?

Old 10-28-2019, 01:30 PM

20,398 posts, read 14,673,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarragon View Post
Sonic, if they felt trapped in the wrong body, they should never have deceived their spouse, and then you bring children into this whole scenario.

So, if the man who thinks he should be a woman and chooses not to get surgeries to change the anatomy, does he/she prefer to have sex with a male or female? That is what I just don't understand.
And that was the point of what I said in my post. A person's gender identity, whether it is static or fluid, does not dictate who they are attracted to and want to have sex with. Just like there are men who never have a single moment of their lives thinking they are anything other than men, but who might be gay or straight or bi or whatever, and that is the piece that speaks to who they want to have relations with. I know a man, a very masculine presenting man who has zero desire to ever be anything else, who prefers sex with women, but who connects romantically with men. He is in a long term open relationship with another man that he lives with, and occasionally has casual sex with women when he finds one who is willing. It's best to think of it as a completely separate piece of who a person is.

There is another thread on another subforum that is talking about drag performers, and people there don't seem to grasp that it's a performance art thing that has nothing to do with the person's gender identity or sexual orientation at all.

But it's nothing but tragedy in the making when someone is in denial about who they are and what they need, and forms a relationship with someone under false pretenses, especially when they go on to have kids together. In this case, Cindy's spouse transitioned and wants to be a lesbian. I did not get any impression that she wants to be with men. They've split up, Cindy has moved on, no idea what former spouse is doing now, not that it matters to the situation.

I have a friend right now, who grew up gay, but capitulated to family pressure to stop having sex with men and settle down with a woman and raise a family. Decades later, he was struggling with alcoholism, and his wife became a born again Christian. He finally landed in the BDSM community, where he found enough love and support to quit drinking, but his wife found out and completely lost it on him (somewhat understandably) and threatened to divorce him. The kids are grown, but his oldest said that if he didn't leave his proclivities behind and be a good husband to the wife he vowed a lifetime to, he'd never see or hear from him or the grandkids again. So he disappeared from the community. We wondered and worried about him, mostly afraid he'd fallen back into the bottle, but he has made contact with some of us just to let us know he's OK recently, so that's good. He says he's found a kind of peace with who he has to be and what he has to do. We are glad for him...we'd love to see him be able to live authentically, but we support his choices and only want him to be OK and healthy.

Every story is different, and people have their own road to walk, must make their own choices. Being gay or trans may not be a "choice" in terms of what's going on inside of a person, but what we DO with our lives is always a choice. One may choose to live as they feel for the sake of their own sanity and wellbeing, and I think that's valid even when it's tough. One may choose to act and live against one's inner nature for the sake of others, or for whatever reasons are meaningful to them. It's a hard life, but it is theirs to live.

Old 10-28-2019, 01:47 PM

37,470 posts, read 61,415,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
... A person's gender identity, whether it is static or fluid, does not dictate who they are attracted to and want to have sex with.
pardon me.

Gender Identities include 'Asexual' and 'Demisexual'.

My Dw is Asexual. She is not attracted to anyone under any circumstances.

I am demisexual. I must form an emotional attachment to someone before I can be sexually attracted to them.

In my experience, a person's Gender Identity does control if a person is attracted to another person.

Old 10-28-2019, 02:24 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,981,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarragon View Post
Sonic, if they felt trapped in the wrong body, they should never have deceived their spouse, and then you bring children into this whole scenario.

So, if the man who thinks he should be a woman and chooses not to get surgeries to change the anatomy, does he/she prefer to have sex with a male or female? That is what I just don't understand.
There is no general rule (anymore). I know someone who was a girl, got surgery and medications, looks like a man now and acts super gay and is attracted (still) to guys. So she turned into a man to act more feminine than most women

Old 10-28-2019, 02:31 PM

20,398 posts, read 14,673,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
pardon me.

I am demisexual. I must form an emotional attachment to someone before I can be sexually attracted to them.

In my experience, a person's Gender Identity does control if a person is attracted to another person.
No, they do not.

Those fall under sexual/romantic orientations, not gender identities.

Gender identity: Cis male, cis female, trans male, trans female, non-binary, gender fluid, etc.

Sexual/romantic orientation: Heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual, pansexual, asexual, demisexual, sapiosexual, heteroflexible, etc (the -sexual part can be substituted for -romantic in discussing split theory)

Also a separate matter is "gender performance" or "gender expression." Because as any combination of the above things, one might be relatively feminine, masculine, or androgynous in how they present themselves to the world, and it need not dictate your gender identity or who you want to have sex with. For instance, Prince, who was a cis male and at least mostly heterosexual if not possibly 100% hetero. Yet presented/performed/expressed himself as very feminine.

Old 10-28-2019, 05:41 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,981,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
pardon me.

You're confusing sexual orientations with gender identities. Different topics/issues. Asexual (Etc) is an orientation.

Old 10-28-2019, 08:18 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,388,287 times
Asexual is an orientation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships