Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2017, 07:21 PM

6 posts, read 3,963 times

Advertisements

Refresher: Got divorced and entered into a relationship last year. Hindsight this was a rebound relationship. Anyhow, I ended it several months ago and I told her to not contact me. I’m not a let’s be friends after a break up kind of guy. Experience has shown that doing so invites complications and drama.

Aside from that, beginning in October I’ve met an amazing woman who enjoys road trips and hiking. Compliments my photography habit very well so we’ve been having a blast together.

But...the ex girlfriend likes to email me once in a blue moon since I’ve blocked her calls/texts. I don’t respond at all. And she needs to just stop. I’ve had to mark her emails as spam now.

Anyhow, wanted to share her last two email shenanagians with the most recent one being a little...I don’t know...psychotic/irrational.

When we broke up, she said she would delete all my contact information. She didn’t.

Mod cut: contains personal / searchable information on another party.
Type it out if you want the conversation to be referenced or redact further

Last edited by Mikala43; 12-06-2017 at 09:04 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2017, 07:23 PM

6 posts, read 3,963 times
Pretty sure she’s only emailing me when she is drinking too. She drinks every night from what I experienced.

Old 12-04-2017, 07:27 PM

49,927 posts, read 60,067,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
Pretty sure she’s only emailing me when she is drinking too. She drinks every night from what I experienced.
I'm pretty sure you can block emails too.

Old 12-04-2017, 08:30 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,978,333 times
She sounds lovely.

Old 12-04-2017, 09:10 PM

19,718 posts, read 12,293,256 times
She won't be ignored.

Best keep an eye on your pets.

Old 12-04-2017, 09:54 PM

10 posts, read 6,048 times
This will be controversial.

I think it's unrealistic to just expect someone for whom you used to be a part of their life everyday to simply go on living their lives after a break up like nothing ever happened and just completely move on and forget you ever existed. I don't get why that's a societal expectation. Assuming the breakup wasn't on bad terms (which it might have been in OP's case, I don't know), why do you have to block them on social media, delete their number, and all? What happened to, "things didn't work out between us, but I wish you the best, and I hope we can stay friends"? It's like decency and kindness are gone nowadays.

Obviously, this would not apply if there was a really negative reason for the breakup, like cheating or abuse.

For the record, I don't think this ex is crazy. Maybe she's lonely, maybe she misses you, or maybe she is just drunk or bored. Who knows? You can take a chance and respond, or just ignore it. There is nothing noteworthy about this whatsoever.

Old 12-04-2017, 10:09 PM

230 posts, read 315,911 times
I'm wondering how you ended it.

Anyway, yeah, don't be too harsh. She got attached to you. It may have been a rebound for you, but for her it wasn't. I agree that she needs to let go, but she probably has to get a few more emails out of her system before she just quits contacting you altogether. I think it's best that you don't respond.

Old 12-04-2017, 10:13 PM

1,433 posts, read 1,065,941 times
Hmmm....color me suspicious but why would "Aprill" use her last name (which you blacked out) when texting you??....kinda odd that someone you knew intimately would use their last name when signing a text to you.

Old 12-04-2017, 10:38 PM

11,080 posts, read 6,021,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzygreen View Post

I think it's unrealistic to just expect someone for whom you used to be a part of their life everyday to simply go on living their lives after a break up like nothing ever happened and just completely move on and forget you ever existed. I don't get why that's a societal expectation. Assuming the breakup wasn't on bad terms (which it might have been in OP's case, I don't know), why do you have to block them on social media, delete their number, and all? What happened to, "things didn't work out between us, but I wish you the best, and I hope we can stay friends"? It's like decency and kindness are gone nowadays.

Obviously, this would not apply if there was a really negative reason for the breakup, like cheating or abuse.

For the record, I don't think this ex is crazy. Maybe she's lonely, maybe she misses you, or maybe she is just drunk or bored. Who knows? You can take a chance and respond, or just ignore it. There is nothing noteworthy about this whatsoever.
I kinda lean toward this. She does not sound crazy to me either. I know what it's like to give up someone you love even when it was me doing the exit thing (she cheated and I found a new girlfriend). I have two women I still think of and miss sometimes (the cheater being one). I feel like talking to them although I'm not sure what I would talk about. So, maybe that's where she is at. If it were me, I would respond to that last email, just out of courtesy. She is right, you were friends once. Would one kind responce do any harm or hurt you?

Old 12-04-2017, 11:22 PM

16,959 posts, read 17,377,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzygreen View Post

I dont think its controversial at all, because it has a lot of truth to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships