Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2017, 02:47 PM

2,911 posts, read 1,360,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
I suppose it's futile to point out again that for every romantic relationship a woman finds, there's a man that just 'found' one too.
Yeah, it's simple math, but lay off. You're ruining the OP's rant.

Old 12-30-2017, 03:19 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,377,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
Well yeah there's more sleazy men than sleazy women that's why the 80/20 rule applies to sleazy people mostly.

Like you said loose women that want to fire off a one night stand or something can choose the cream of the crop.

On New Year's Eve no sleazy woman will have trouble getting a one night stand if she wants one but a lot of guys that want one will be left out.
Not if each sleazy woman triple books!

Old 12-30-2017, 04:13 PM

3,564 posts, read 1,923,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiles721 View Post
UGH I LOVE sex and I'm very sexual, sensual, affectionate, with only satisfied lovers yet I have morals, class and don't have flings, one nighters...
What makes people who have one-nighters and flings clasess and lacking morals, in your mind?

Old 12-30-2017, 06:20 PM

124 posts, read 99,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
What makes people who have one-nighters and flings clasess and lacking morals, in your mind?
Hmmm I thought there was no such thing as a dumb question, but I learn something new daily.

Well "one nighters" are NOT classy, sophisticated nor stylish! and regarding morals which are the standards someone holds themsleves accountable, some people have higher standards & values, thank goodness, therefore people LACKING morals would be OK with the flings.

Now do you understand?

It's Two different Ballgames
one is the Major League (Classy people with high morals not doing one night stands) and the other is a pick up game of stickball (low or no moral hornballs getting a thrill for a night with not much care as to how it affects them, the people around them, nor society)

I don't play stickball so the game doesn't affect me personally & there are many like me, & many not.

Old 12-30-2017, 06:37 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,407,262 times
Quote:
Hmmm I thought there was no such thing as a dumb question, but I learn something new daily.

Well "one nighters" are NOT classy, sophisticated nor stylish! and regarding morals which are the standards someone holds themsleves accountable, some people have higher standards & values, thank goodness, therefore people LACKING morals would be OK with the flings.

Now do you understand?

one is the Major League (Classy people with high morals not doing one night stands) and the other is a pick up game of stickball (low or no moral hornballs getting a thrill for a night with not much care as to how it affects them, the people around them, nor society)

I don't play stickball so the game doesn't affect me personally & there are many like me, & many not.
Give me a break with this.

Just because someone has a fling or one nighter, doesn't mean they lack morals or standards.

Just say you have a preference, no need to shame attack anyone.

Old 12-30-2017, 06:45 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,371,533 times
Quote:

Now do you understand?

Lol. I appreciate the laugh.

Old 12-30-2017, 08:34 PM

5,037 posts, read 6,926,821 times
I went to a college where there were three men for every woman. For sure women had better odds there. The girls even used to say “the odds are good, but the goods are odd”.

In the real world, where women ever so slightly outnumber men the odds are about even. The asymmetry some notice likely arises because the type of relationship desired isn’t the same. If more guys want casual sex than women, the pool of men looking for that kind of relationship will be larger than the pool of men, and the odds will shift in favor of women. Since the numbers are balanced, women will have a harder time in some other way.

The moral, of course, is if you want to improve your odds, try to find something that is rarely found in your sex and commonly desired by the other. That, of course, assumes that you don’t have any actual preferences of your own that can’t be changed.

Old 12-30-2017, 10:31 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,843,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpaint View Post
As far as appearance goes, I see a lot more average or below looking men with attractive women than the reverse.
Meh. I'm guessing you're a man, which is why you perceive it this way. As a woman, I frequently notice very attractive with less attractive women. It may or may not be as common as the reverse, idk, but it's much more common than people seem to think.

Old 12-30-2017, 10:37 PM

3,564 posts, read 1,923,318 times
Quote:

Now do you understand?
NO
I asked you why you thought that people who had one-night stands of flings were classless or lacking morals, and you replied by saying it's because "one nighters are NOT classy". That doesn't help me understand.

If I ask why leaves are green and you say "because leaves are green" that in no way help me to understand why they are green.

Understand?

I'll ask again,
WHY do you think that one-night stands and flings are immoral and classless?

Old 12-31-2017, 01:04 AM

2,822 posts, read 1,929,349 times
No use in trying to argue with the morality police.

There may be no such thing as a dumb question, but there sure are dumb posts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships