Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2017, 08:28 PM

69 posts, read 41,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
I think you should back WAY off and not care if she replies.

You have invested too many feelings already in what sounds like a very typical college girl.

She will probably respond in a way you will like if you back off because she will miss the attention. But you should not view that as a positive sign. Wean yourself from this attachment an go on with your life. I don't think you should meet up at all with her anymore.
Thank you so much for the advice! It's been very helpful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2018, 02:56 PM

1,503 posts, read 1,862,155 times
Quote:
This ^^^ is the problem.

You are at different life stages.

It's not REALLY that she's afraid of getting hurt. She is just starting out, and you're ready to settle down. It's incompatible. It's not fair to expect commitment from her. Sorry.
That's usually the issue with large age gaps - not age itself, but "life stage". It's one reason why (all else being equal), it normally seems like a relationship between a 37 year old and a 49 year old is more successful than a 21 year old and a 33 year old, despite both being a 12-year difference.

Old 01-02-2018, 03:05 PM

1,503 posts, read 1,862,155 times
Quote:
I think you should back WAY off and not care if she replies.

You have invested too many feelings already in what sounds like a very typical college girl.

She will probably respond in a way you will like if you back off because she will miss the attention. But you should not view that as a positive sign. Wean yourself from this attachment an go on with your life. I don't think you should meet up at all with her anymore.
Call it a learning experience, and move on.

Old 01-05-2018, 12:56 PM

67 posts, read 145,066 times
With the amount of attention-seeking she appears to demand from other guys, it seems like she is the very insecure type, and this isn't going to get better. I was with a woman like that, and like others have said it's not good when you're already not trusting her. Although, this could be more indicative of her age and where she's at, not all girls at that age are like that. The age gap between you two is way too big at this point in your respective lives, and she sounds like she's keeping you around until the next branch is within grasp.

I get it, you'd probably like to sleep with her, but sounds like you want more - or have more feelings involved. Your best bet is to walk away - if you're really OK with something casual, let her be the one that initiates it.

Old 01-05-2018, 01:20 PM

2,149 posts, read 1,706,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by socal225 View Post
Yeah, she did just text though.
[*]She said she won't be able to use her car until Wednesday and since the beginning, I haven't been allowed to pick her up because her parents don't allow guys to pick her up. Her parents are really close friends of my mom and nobody knows we are dating lol.
Just so much wrong with this statement.

You are 33 years-old with two children to consider. Maybe trying to "sneak dates" with someone is not something you should aspire. Probably part of the reason she IS dating you has to do with sticking it to her parents.

Don't walk away...run. There is nothing but disappointment here.

ETA: Are you sure she is 21? I can understand living with parents as you go through school, but parents don't allow guys to pick her up??? As a parent, I would INSIST on the guy coming over to pick my daughter up for a date.

Either she isn't 21, or she is seriously playing you. I'll go with option #2.

Last edited by reds37win; 01-05-2018 at 01:35 PM..

Old 01-05-2018, 01:49 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,655,153 times
I had to stop reading the first post at 'I would stalk her'.

Old 01-05-2018, 02:17 PM

11,124 posts, read 6,056,279 times
Been there, done that.

RUN!

Old 01-07-2018, 09:24 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,135,609 times
You are a grown man with two children. Please act like a grown up for the sake of your daughters. You obviously cannot be casual about this girl or you wouldn't be writing here and thinking about playing those silly games of not responding to her on purpose. It isn't her fault. She's 21 years old and she is just figuring out what she wants. It's clearly not to be in a serious relationship with you. Why don't you do online dating? Find someone your own age and on your own level.

Old 01-07-2018, 10:00 AM

9,397 posts, read 7,039,763 times
Imo the BC thing is just a lie she’s likely banging someone else and didn’t want to double up per say. She probably saw some initial interest in an older confident independent man and Likely don’t match up with her initial expectations. This is as implied in your own insecurities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships