Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2018, 11:33 AM

3,337 posts, read 7,143,863 times

Advertisements

I'm 35, grad school educated, work out regularly, great cook, active in community and debt free with no children. To be honest, I'm not into chasing women because to me, the quality of women in 2017 is disappointing. Either some of them are too entitled or a lot of women just don't have common sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2018, 11:51 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,348,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northside904 View Post
I'm 35, grad school educated, work out regularly, great cook, active in community and debt free with no children. To be honest, I'm not into chasing women because to me, the quality of women in 2017 is disappointing. Either some of them are too entitled or a lot of women just don't have common sense.
You just described some of my exes to a tee. Disappointing and no common sense and that made me more selective in the women I interact with.

Old 01-16-2018, 01:18 PM

1,713 posts, read 1,117,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
People usually needs some indication that you are interested.
99.9% of the time I'm not, except when I meet someone who has me staring mournfully out of windows and playing Norah Jones or 80s power ballads I would usually skip.

It happens once or twice a decade and I don't like it. Totally unnecessary and out of character.

Old 01-16-2018, 01:22 PM

651 posts, read 410,387 times
I dont like dating. I also dont like hook ups. I met a woman a little while ago and things kinda went a little too fast and I didnt enjoy it (4 dates or so). Maybe it was just her because she was a spaz, but it made me wonder if I am the kind of person who needs a real connection with someone to make it work. Therefore it takes time and cannot be accomplished through your typical male "pursuit".

Old 01-16-2018, 03:25 PM

20,498 posts, read 14,865,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Did you read my comment before trying to start an argument with me yet again?

What's the problem with what I said?

If I don't know her, I don't talk to her. If she's an acquaintance through a class, friend, or work then I see no issues to interact with her. Get it now?
I'm thinking that zentropa makes a good point, though. I mean, what is up with the whole "approach" concept?? It IS kind of an awkward idea, like the way to meet or talk to women just HAS to be walking up to a stranger out of nowhere and trying to initiate conversation.

So many connections in the world happen exactly as you describe here, though. You are in the same place at the same time for reasons. Someone introduced you to one another. That is so much more natural and makes so much more sense.

The whole "approach" thing...it's like something an alien would say, if he were giving instructions to another alien disguised as a human, on how to get a "female."

"Ok, you have spotted the target. Approach the female. Is she wearing earbuds? No, good. Deploy pickup line. That's it, Bob, you're doing great. You'll be achieving reproductive success in no time..."

I mean what the heck.

Old 01-16-2018, 04:48 PM

2,163 posts, read 1,563,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
You just described some of my exes to a tee. Disappointing and no common sense and that made me more selective in the women I interact with.
Likewise. I don't 'chase women' in public, random strangers, simply because it's a roll of the dice, you never know what you're getting. When women are friendly towards me (again, strangers), I'm not the sort to assume she's flirting. I have to get direct confirmation. Otherwise we're just two folks conversing.

I pursue women I have a definite interest in meeting, and if a woman shows interest in me and the feeling is not mutual--or vice-versa--oh well, life goes on.

Old 01-16-2018, 08:16 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,393,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
I'm thinking that zentropa makes a good point, though. I mean, what is up with the whole "approach" concept?? It IS kind of an awkward idea, like the way to meet or talk to women just HAS to be walking up to a stranger out of nowhere and trying to initiate conversation.

So many connections in the world happen exactly as you describe here, though. You are in the same place at the same time for reasons. Someone introduced you to one another. That is so much more natural and makes so much more sense.

The whole "approach" thing...it's like something an alien would say, if he were giving instructions to another alien disguised as a human, on how to get a "female."

"Ok, you have spotted the target. Approach the female. Is she wearing earbuds? No, good. Deploy pickup line. That's it, Bob, you're doing great. You'll be achieving reproductive success in no time..."

I mean what the heck.
LOL!!! I swear that is how some of us go about it.

Old 01-16-2018, 10:39 PM

26,713 posts, read 41,926,093 times
I’m about hit that age later in the year. People think I look good and have my life together, yeah whatever. Not actively pursuing women now by choice after my last breakup and concentrating on finishing an advanced degree this year then relocating.

At this point I’m just disillusioned with dating. 2017 was so ed when it came to dating for me I’m just not feeling like trying again for a while. And any regular here knows my policy on not accepting any advances the woman initiated so for now I’m taking a knee when it comes to dating. For now, peace of mind is more important than happiness for me which means no active pursuit of women.

Old 01-16-2018, 11:01 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,348,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobCaldwell View Post
Likewise. I don't 'chase women' in public, random strangers, simply because it's a roll of the dice, you never know what you're getting. When women are friendly towards me (again, strangers), I'm not the sort to assume she's flirting. I have to get direct confirmation. Otherwise we're just two folks conversing.

I pursue women I have a definite interest in meeting, and if a woman shows interest in me and the feeling is not mutual--or vice-versa--oh well, life goes on.
I'm the same way. As much as it is a shock to some people here not every man is looking for a woman when he steps out of the house. Usually when a woman talks to me I assume she's just being friendly and just wants to converse. Which I am all for but don't seek it out. It's Russian roulette approaching a woman I don't know and it isn't worth it tbh.

Old 01-18-2018, 08:26 PM

2,078 posts, read 1,666,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo_Lorem View Post
No they won't initiate almost 100 percent of the time.

I'm 36, exercise regularly, eat good, dress good, have a good social life, play musical instruments, have a full-time job, furthering my education, no kids, no ex wife, above average looks for my age etc..

You have to initiate an interest and pursue to get anywhere.

If you focused on primarily younger women especially, you need to take the lead.
Not at Spring Break in Florida. When I was in my 30s in Tallahassee these four drunk FSU college girls tried to get into my truck late at night. Spring Break had been over for about a week, but they were still celebrating it that weekend - "Girls Gone Wild". I just drove off. Ironically, around that same time I fell for a woman in her 30s closer to my age but got rejected. It was a ridiculous dilemma in that small college town. I am glad I left.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaeVPdsVkyA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships