Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2018, 04:06 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,104,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings18 View Post
Meh. I was more referring to my cousins and their dealings, I have a large family. But faux / passive aggressively emote all you want.

Edit: I don't know why I fell for the strawman here.
Right. Your family.

That is what I based my answer on.

That is your family and their bad luck or bad choices bit that is by far not every family. Therefore I can see where your extreme feelings are coming from.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2018, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
So you don't think it should bother a man that his wife isn't very attracted to him because he's not conventionally hot?
Yes! It should bother him if she doesn't think he is sexy. I don't know about the conventionally part, though. I think women think about what WE want, conventional or not.

Yes, if a spouse realizes he or she is not attractive to his or her partner but married for some other reason, there is a problem. I know comparatively few people who married with no attraction, though. I am seriously beginning to feel bad for some of the apparent upbringings around here, though. Wow.

I saw more of this many years ago...the much older crowd...she married him because he could support her, he married her because he knew she would cook and clean and raise the children...but even then there was at least some attraction there...I dunno, you guys. I really feel for what is behind some of the answers on this thread. I suggest moving beyond your circle, these extremes are definitely not the majority. Not since 1931 or so.

Old 01-21-2018, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Or men could want to be attracted to the woman of their choice.

Nah most problems are from men that are shy, a invert, lack the experience to conversate with the opposite sex, or jaded from past relationships.
I'm seeing this too.

And these things are not a crime but turning it all into anger aimed at the women - who are not to blame for the man not having social skills - just isn't healthy, but even beyond that, how is it helping the man? Nobody wins.

Well, the woman does because she bypasses the angry man and goes for the fun, kind, sexy one. Which just makes the angry man even angrier....because how dare that woman stay far from an angry antisocial guy...women must just be garbage...they are so entitled...blah blah.

It is all just really sad. And how does all this help the lonely guy? He is only making things worse.

Old 01-21-2018, 05:52 PM

26,706 posts, read 41,862,320 times
I don't know why the ignorant assumption is being made that the guys are just targeting the hottest women. I honestly don't even want a hot woman. I'd be happy with a below average woman but it is hard even getting attention from them.

Old 01-21-2018, 05:52 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,987,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I'm seeing this too.

And these things are not a crime but turning it all into anger aimed at the women - who are not to blame for the man not having social skills - just isn't healthy, but even beyond that, how is it helping the man? Nobody wins.

Well, the woman does because she bypasses the angry man and goes for the fun, kind, sexy one. Which just makes the angry man even angrier....because how dare that woman stay far from an angry antisocial guy...women must just be garbage...they are so entitled...blah blah.

It is all just really sad. And how does all this help the lonely guy? He is only making things worse.
Very true.

Old 01-21-2018, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I don't know why the ignorant assumption is being made that the guys are just targeting the hottest women. I honestly don't even want a hot woman. I'd be happy with a below average woman but it is hard even getting attention from them.
Most of the average wonen (like me) are shocked when men even stare at them. Usually think I must have a booger on my nose or something. Lol

Old 01-21-2018, 06:13 PM

52,406 posts, read 52,919,967 times
Quote:
Well, I've been here a while and I have see many a post where guys talk about going for the hottest chick they can. So someone is doing it and yeah, not all are, for sure.

I liked what I liked in a woman, most guys probably wouldn't think that my taste in women is "hot" as most guys are into thinner type women or women that look like they could be on fashion mags. I was NEVER into those types of women. I like women on the shorter side and voluptuous. I see a group of women and I am always drawn to the more full figured lady in the group.

Getting off topic a bit but there are lids for every pot. We can't go around and generalize that much.

Old 01-21-2018, 06:33 PM

26,706 posts, read 41,862,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Well, I've been here a while and I have see many a post where guys talk about going for the hottest chick they can. So someone is doing it and yeah, not all are, for sure.

I liked what I liked in a woman, most guys probably wouldn't think that my taste in women is "hot" as most guys are into thinner type women or women that look like they could be on fashion mags. I was NEVER into those types of women. I like women on the shorter side and voluptuous. I see a group of women and I am always drawn to the more full figured lady in the group.

Getting off topic a bit but there are lids for every pot. We can't go around and generalize that much.
The Cincinnati girl and my ex-girlfriend would probably not be considered hot by the dudes who must have a hot woman. My ex was 5 ft tall and she got so much hate mail calling her face ugly. I thought she was uniquely cute and had great eyes and curves you could appreciate. The Cincinnati girl was, let's call a spade a spade, heavy by anyone's measure. But when I was sitting at a bar with her in Louisville, I thought I was sitting across of one of the most beautiful women the Buckeye State bred (damn I wish it worked out with her.)

I don't like being accused of only going after hot women and discarding anyone below that standard. That is just not my speed. I'm named the "Dissenter" for a reason. I like to think I appreciate what others give up on. Because people gave up on me and never thought I had potential. People here gave up on me, I proved them wrong just last year by finally having some success dating. I may not be in the best mind to date now, but I will come back and prove these posters who get their jollies by talking wrong, AGAIN.

Buckle up, because the Diss will rise up.

Old 01-21-2018, 06:37 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,812,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
So you don't think it should bother a man that his wife isn't very attracted to him because he's not conventionally hot?
What? Why would anyone marry someone they aren't attracted to?

Old 01-21-2018, 07:03 PM

Quote:
The Cincinnati girl and my ex-girlfriend would probably not be considered hot by the dudes who must have a hot woman. My ex was 5 ft tall and she got so much hate mail calling her face ugly. I thought she was uniquely cute and had great eyes and curves you could appreciate. The Cincinnati girl was, let's call a spade a spade, heavy by anyone's measure. But when I was sitting at a bar with her in Louisville, I thought I was sitting across of one of the most beautiful women the Buckeye State bred (damn I wish it worked out with her.)

I don't like being accused of only going after hot women and discarding anyone below that standard. That is just not my speed. I'm named the "Dissenter" for a reason. I like to think I appreciate what others give up on. Because people gave up on me and never thought I had potential. People here gave up on me, I proved them wrong just last year by finally having some success dating. I may not be in the best mind to date now, but I will come back and prove these posters who get their jollies by talking wrong, AGAIN.

Buckle up, because the Diss will rise up.
Many did not give up on you. You are a great looking guy. You will find your ideal match.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships