Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2018, 09:46 PM

31 posts, read 45,437 times

Advertisements

You guys think Atlanta is bad, try Dallas. It has Atlanta beat on snobs and is a complete sausage-fest to boot. I always had great luck just visiting Atlanta.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2018, 09:53 AM

6,540 posts, read 12,034,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boran2 View Post
I have heard that Athens is actually tough from a lot of college guys who say other college towns had much more approachable girls. From what a coworker of mines that went to UGA tells me, it is a bunch of rich kids from Atlanta suburbs and if you don't have fraternity status, you're SOL.

TBH, there seems to be a massive culture of sexual shaming in Georgia, at least among whites. I too remember how as soon as I went to South Carolina, the girls were more laid back and had less of a fear of being approached and hooking up.

I do seem to notice that the people of Georgia are very image conscious, at least in Atlanta, compared to people from other big cities. Like it is High School 2.0 there.
If you want to see high school 2.0 then you should check out San Diego or L.A. There you have grown adults in their 30's and 40's working in professional office environments that still act like high school kids. I just went to my 20 year high school reunion here in Georgia and everyone was matured, and they've always been good people.

Old 03-10-2018, 03:21 PM

39 posts, read 57,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAandATL View Post
If you want to see high school 2.0 then you should check out San Diego or L.A. There you have grown adults in their 30's and 40's working in professional office environments that still act like high school kids. I just went to my 20 year high school reunion here in Georgia and everyone was matured, and they've always been good people.
It isn't nearly as bad as Atlanta.

At least in San Diego and LA, good looks matter and can carry you far. Good looks, wealth, and tight game can get you hot girls. In Atlanta, some fat bubba who was a hotshot in high school still has an advantage over a handsome Chris Hemsworth lookalike when it comes to getting hot girls.

Not sure where in Georgia you went, maybe in Savannah people are nice, but Atlanta people are rude and the women are the most stuckup on the planet. Talking specifically about white women in the city.

Old 03-10-2018, 03:23 PM

39 posts, read 57,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkStar1013 View Post
You guys think Atlanta is bad, try Dallas. It has Atlanta beat on snobs and is a complete sausage-fest to boot. I always had great luck just visiting Atlanta.

I have been to Dallas and had a great time, people are nice and welcoming at least and Texas girls are quite friendly and approachable. Women in Atlanta, at least white women in the city, are the snottiest in the country.

It isn't just that, I think Dallas also has more white women that are young and attractive to go around which makes it easier for men who are into white women to get them. Atlanta does not have that thing going for it, only a lot of angry immigrants and minorities.

Old 03-11-2018, 05:16 PM

2,185 posts, read 1,381,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SelfRescuingPrincess View Post
"Ratchet ghetto black women"? Generalize much?!?!
This guy understands the world in his own way. See his post about "smart guys trying to lock white women down, no mixing with outsiders". What a classy gentleman.

I have never been to GA, my childhood friend who lives there told me things are not complicated with women down there you can meet someone and get married easy, due to the southern mentality and a shortage of valuable men.

Old 03-11-2018, 05:33 PM

Quote:
It isn't nearly as bad as Atlanta.

At least in San Diego and LA, good looks matter and can carry you far. Good looks, wealth, and tight game can get you hot girls. In Atlanta, some fat bubba who was a hotshot in high school still has an advantage over a handsome Chris Hemsworth lookalike when it comes to getting hot girls.

Not sure where in Georgia you went, maybe in Savannah people are nice, but Atlanta people are rude and the women are the most stuckup on the planet. Talking specifically about white women in the city.
One thing about Georgia is it's one place that's better when you're younger, like post grad age. After that most of the good ones are like the seats on Forrest Gump's bus, taken. It's because of the Bible belt culture so most tend to marry younger than in other regions of the country. Just about all the girls I went to high school with are now married and have children. From my experience, I never found the women to be rude or stuck up in Georgia, even in Atlanta, at least not any more than any other place. What I did notice back when I was single however was they tend to make excuses to not meet after giving you a false sense of hope and excitement. I think it's part of the Southern culture where people are nice to your face but it's kind of hard to read their intentions. In California, I noticed that the girls would be more rude to your face, but at least they didn't waste your time and their intentions were obviously clear.

Old 04-14-2018, 12:05 AM

14 posts, read 13,694 times
The thing about Atlanta is that people are more image conscious there than anywhere else in the south, I think it is almost the Los Angeles of the south. You may notice that everyone is trying to be cool and keep up with the joneses throughout the suburbs.

On top of all that, I notice a lot of the Blonde haired barbie types in Atlanta and in my years of working in the entertainment industry, noticed a lot of white girls from Atlanta trying to get into the best parties and be a part of that crowd. I think in many ways, Atlanta girls and California girls are very much alike.

Now I found Georgia girls from Savannah and South GA to be a lot more humble and kind but Atlanta girls were big into the partying and high life.

What makes it tough to get white girls in Atlanta is that the white population in the city is pretty low and a lot of white yankees from the northeast moved there.

Atlanta has a very low white population and the white girls that look good no doubt have good ol southern boys as well as thuggish black guys trying to get a piece of them, this creates a very high b*tch shield. Add that into the image focused lifestyle of the city and you have a girl that is indistinguishable from a Valley Girl.

If you want white girls in Atlanta that look good, especially the blonde barbie types in Buckhead, you either:

1. Need some good ol money status that southern boys have, being white is necessary for this.

2. Have been in a frat at an SEC school and still keep in touch with your boys after college, ACC schools work too. Bars like the Ivy and a lot of Buckhead bars are gathering places for this crowd.

3. Need to be black and play a niche game of girls interested in the sports and rap culture, plenty in Atlanta.

4. If not 1 to 3, have out of this world value. One of my friends is a rich Asian dude who is jacked and social, he has been with more than a few hot blondes in Atlanta. It can be done but compared to other cities, it is tough.

Old 04-14-2018, 07:39 AM

268 posts, read 216,232 times
they tend to make excuses to not meet after giving you a false sense of hope and excitement. I think it's part of the Southern culture where people are nice to your face but it's kind of hard to read their intentions. In California, I noticed that the girls would be more rude to your face, but at least they didn't waste your time and their intentions were obviously clear.[/quote]

Spot on sir! Being from a big city on the west coast, I'm more use to more direct interactions

Old 04-14-2018, 02:56 PM

Overall, dating in Georgia is still in favor of men. The women always complain about the shortage of available men, or that they are only after one thing and not ready to settle down. That tends to happen when men have so many options lined up.

Rather than the blonde barbie types, I tend to be attracted to the thicker ones. They tend to be more down to earth and have awesome personalities. After all, personality is more important now than looks.

Old 04-14-2018, 06:00 PM

814 posts, read 759,739 times
Quote:
No, they judge him based on what fraternity he was in during his college days as well as how big his pickup truck is.

It hurts to be successful and worldly in the city of Atlanta which claims to be an international city.

I was called a "******" there for being able to play the piano well and having deep conversations about life at times, all the while Miss Peachy Peach prefers fat bubba who brags about how loud his farts are.

I would avoid a woman like that in a heart-beat, it speaks a lot to the kind of character she has. Why live in an area where the attractive women shun worldliness, intelligence, and self-improvement?

Let her be a laughing stock for pairing up with Bubba, I respect women in places like California and NYC who actually go for a Chris Pine worldly type of man.
Never been to Georgia other the airport, but what you describe s8unds familiar. To be honest, the impression I get is that bubba ain't necessarily their preferred, but they'd get with him long before they touch me or someone who isn't white.

Time spent in the bay area where I have family. Little to no difference here and there. Most white women who show signs of discontinued education alongside some sorta drug history before they consider me a prospect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships