Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2018, 09:46 AM

29 posts, read 30,136 times

Advertisements

I don't live in Georgia anymore, moved to NYC a few months back, but I did have to go to college there and live there a couple years after college. In my 8 months in NYC, I've had way more success with women than I ever had in Georgia but that's not it.

When I lived in Georgia and occasionally visit family there, I notice that the dating atmosphere feels a lot like a Middle Eastern country than that of the US. People will claim its the south but I never had these problems in Texas, South Carolina, Florida, Tennessee, or even Alabama!

I also found that outside of black women, women of other races in Atlanta were quite unapproachable (this was especially true for white women). Usually I do well with white women everywhere else I had been so I thought I had to be extraordinarily handsome or wealthy because they had high standards in Georgia.

Well it wasn't so, I would see Larry the Cable guy lookalikes dating a girl that is extraordinarily beautiful and it left me scratching my head.

Here in NYC if a guy isn't handsome, he is usually quite wealthy and established which leads to him dating a beautiful woman but with Georgia, it made no sense.

Still trying to get an idea of it in case I have to move back to Atlanta one day, as a white guy I tend to be almost exclusively interested in white women but I just never got the dating culture of Atlanta and didn't want to openly ask.

Anyone have an idea?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2018, 06:20 PM

6,540 posts, read 12,034,963 times
What part of Georgia did you live in? I think what you might have described as the unapproachable white women are the Buckhead blondes. That part of town tends to be more an area where they flaunt their wealth and are materialistic. You should check out other parts of Atlanta and Georgia. There's a wide variety. I'm not too familiar with dating in NYC, but Georgia generally is in favor for men because of the high female-to-male ratio. What did you mean by being like a Middle Eastern country? Is it the conservative religious (Christian) culture?

I'm married now so I'm not looking to date, but one thing I notice about Georgia is that it has some of the most beautiful women in the world, like the ones in Buckhead who are UGA grads/former sorority sister types. Those types can be put on a pedestal so that's why they may seem unapproachable. At the same time, Georgia is one of the few places where I get approached by women, and they tend to have the look of disappointment when I show them the ring. The native born "Georgia peaches" tend to stick to their own breed (a Southern gentleman, maybe like Larry the Cable Guy, a high school football player and SEC college frat boy type). But keep in mind the Atlanta metro has a lot of transplants, many from up North and Midwest, and foreign countries.

Old 01-15-2018, 08:08 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,332,620 times
Whats wrong with black women from GA?

Old 01-15-2018, 08:33 PM

2,173 posts, read 4,406,011 times
You can see her walk down on peachtree street, high heel on, star on 'er cheek. They talk a little funny, but they look so fine, hell older they get I swear it's just like wine. I think their cute as they can be. Now talkn' bout a funny talkin', honky tonkin' Georgia peach.

Peaches, peaches, love them Georgia peaches!

Old 01-20-2018, 12:59 PM

39 posts, read 57,786 times
White women that are fit and decent looking in Georgia are used to being placed on a pedestal because they are in short supply. Compared to other states, it is tough to find a lot of single and decent looking white women in Georgia because it is one of the least white states in the country.

Georgia also has a high black population and compared to men of other cultures, black men are more forward with their advances on women (especially women of other races) so hence a lot of non-black women in Georgia have high shields against advances as well.

So a short supply of single decent looking white women coupled in with the fact that these women have to deal with forward approaches lead to the situation you see. I have also found a lot of what is true for white women in Georgia to be true for Asian and Hispanic women in the state that are good looking.

As a result of this, white women from Georgia and the type from UGA tend to have some of the biggest egos around, often making California girls from Orange County and Arabian princesses seem much more down to earth by comparison.

The main issue is supply and demand, there just simply aren't even single and attractive white women to go around in Atlanta.

Old 01-22-2018, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boran2 View Post
White women that are fit and decent looking in Georgia are used to being placed on a pedestal because they are in short supply. Compared to other states, it is tough to find a lot of single and decent looking white women in Georgia because it is one of the least white states in the country.

Georgia also has a high black population and compared to men of other cultures, black men are more forward with their advances on women (especially women of other races) so hence a lot of non-black women in Georgia have high shields against advances as well.

So a short supply of single decent looking white women coupled in with the fact that these women have to deal with forward approaches lead to the situation you see. I have also found a lot of what is true for white women in Georgia to be true for Asian and Hispanic women in the state that are good looking.

As a result of this, white women from Georgia and the type from UGA tend to have some of the biggest egos around, often making California girls from Orange County and Arabian princesses seem much more down to earth by comparison.

The main issue is supply and demand, there just simply aren't even single and attractive white women to go around in Atlanta.
Georgia is still a white majority state (like 60%), unlike California where the Hispanic population surpassed the white population. Maybe when you get into the cities, like Atlanta or Savannah, you have a higher black population. It would help your options a lot if you were into black females, or any type for that matter. There are plenty of places I've been to that make the Buckhead blondes seem down to earth by comparison. Southern California is one of them (especially around L.A.). At least in California there is more diversity and I had better luck with Asian and Hispanic women there. England was another (they seem to have that high and mighty attitude like they are royalty themselves, or one of the Spice Girls). Attitude and personality wise, Georgia gals seem to be about the same as the Japanese ones. Something about the style of clothes that makes them similar and very sexy (short skirts or dresses, tights, and high heels or boots). Unfortunately when I was single, most of the women in Georgia I dated/hooked up with look more like the ones you see shopping at Walmart then the high end shops and bars of Buckhead.

Old 01-26-2018, 09:18 PM

39 posts, read 57,786 times
Ya but I, along with most men I know, are not interested in black or Indian women and for the most part we prefer to date white women. We should not have to change our tastes if an area is great for dating, which Georgia is clearly not.

White women in Georgia have a bigger ego than white women anywhere else. I found that white women in Georgia were highly tied up in Old Money southern cliques to where if you did were not a part of it, you were dead.

Finding fit and good looking white women in GA is rare enough and once you do find them, you find that they are either dating a fat Bubba or some old money Polo wearing frat boy. For those of us who prefer to date white, this becomes a very difficult obstacle.

The lack of single good looking white women makes the ones who are in GA have a bigger ego than white women anywhere else, even California.

Never in my life have I met a good looking white woman from the Atlanta area that was approachable and down to earth. Almost all of them seemed to be racist towards anyone not black or white as well which I found un-nerving.

Old 01-27-2018, 09:13 AM

314 posts, read 439,580 times
Quote:
... Almost all of them seemed to be racist towards anyone not black or white as well which I found un-nerving.

Has it occurred to you that maybe the white women you are attracted to, may not be attracted to you? I am not trying to be mean here but maybe they don't date outside their race. If that is the case that surely doesn't make them a racist.

Now when I lived in Georgia, what got me was seeing decent women with these losers or at least I perceived them as losers since they didn't usually have a job, or bounced from job to job, was always in trouble with the law, and don't have a pot to p iss in. I have learned that in most these cases, these are usually couples that have been together since school or their families know each other.......it begs me to wonder if some family trees don't fork and is as straight and tall as a Georgia pine tree.

So glad I sold my house there....OP, you're better off in NYC, good luck!

Last edited by MichaelBC; 01-27-2018 at 09:15 AM.. Reason: added more text

Old 01-27-2018, 10:08 AM

19,610 posts, read 12,210,591 times
So in Georgia they like a different type. Sounds like they are less elitist than women in NYC and don't judge men on looks or career status. That seems somewhat refreshing.

Old 01-27-2018, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Ya but I, along with most men I know, are not interested in black or Indian women and for the most part we prefer to date white women. We should not have to change our tastes if an area is great for dating, which Georgia is clearly not.

White women in Georgia have a bigger ego than white women anywhere else. I found that white women in Georgia were highly tied up in Old Money southern cliques to where if you did were not a part of it, you were dead.

Finding fit and good looking white women in GA is rare enough and once you do find them, you find that they are either dating a fat Bubba or some old money Polo wearing frat boy. For those of us who prefer to date white, this becomes a very difficult obstacle.

The lack of single good looking white women makes the ones who are in GA have a bigger ego than white women anywhere else, even California.

Never in my life have I met a good looking white woman from the Atlanta area that was approachable and down to earth. Almost all of them seemed to be racist towards anyone not black or white as well which I found un-nerving.
I've been to plenty of places where the women are less approachable and have bigger egos than the ones in Atlanta/Georgia, especially the ones in the military and they are not even that attractive, but it's the environment where there are more males than females. Most of the women in Georgia are not only approachable but they do the approaching. It's the only place where I have been able to make conversation in the grocery store. The ones in Buckhead may be stereotypically the debutante types but as I said earlier, the Atlanta metro area has a lot of variety and many of them are transplants. The native Georgia peaches have a certain glow to them through. I don't know what it is, but something about the way they talk, the way they dress, do their hair and makeup that makes them some of the most beautiful women in the world. Sometimes I wish I was single here, but then again maybe not. Back when I was single here (about 5 years ago) I had a pretty good experience overall. One thing though being half-Asian (Japanese) seemed to be a deal breaker for some. In fact, I dated one cougar (it was agreed it would be nothing long term) who suggested that I marry a Japanese woman. She was a native Georgia peach, very classy, and probably was very beautiful in her prime (I think she was a former hs cheerleader). However, she was open to dating Asian men. She told me her ex boyfriend was Korean, and he has mentioned he hasn't dated many women in Georgia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships