Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2018, 08:07 PM

166 posts, read 244,449 times

Advertisements

You just got promoted and there you are jeopardizing your career over a married woman with a kid?!
Are you kidding me right now?
Come on, dude. Use your real brains! (Insert roll eyes here)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2018, 08:33 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean051 View Post
I didnt text her this weekend. Trying to put distance as we agreed. She texted me late last night asking how I was doing. I said Im good. She said ok sorry to bother you good night in a passiveaggresive way. I know something is bothering her. I wasked if she was ok. She said she will be gibe without me. I guess she is mad I didnt text.

Today was awkward at work. I wish she would just tell me whats on her mind instead of giving me the cold shoulder and passive aggressiveness.
It's not surprising. Just proof that she's used to thinking about relationships like a teenager. She's annoyed because she didn't get a boost of attention from you.

That's great restraint to not text her this weekend. Keep it up, and only deal with her on a professional basis.

Old 01-22-2018, 09:15 PM

69 posts, read 40,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prettygreeneyes View Post
You just got promoted and there you are jeopardizing your career over a married woman with a kid?!
Are you kidding me right now?
Come on, dude. Use your real brains! (Insert roll eyes here)
I know ...

Old 01-22-2018, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
It's not surprising. Just proof that she's used to thinking about relationships like a teenager. She's annoyed because she didn't get a boost of attention from you.

That's great restraint to not text her this weekend. Keep it up, and only deal with her on a professional basis.
I didnt text her because its what we agreed go do. To put distance between us plus felt we both needed a few days to think things through. I have to walk a fine line with her because one thing I dont want is to have her be angry at me. Would make an awkward situation at work. People will notice something is up.

Old 01-22-2018, 09:20 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
I didnt text her because its what we agreed go do. To put distance between us plus felt we both needed a few days to think things through. I have to walk a fine line with her because one thing I dont want is to have her be angry at me. Would make an awkward situation at work. People will notice something is up.
... which is why people say don't mix romance with work. Now you know.

Do your best not to let her manipulate you. You have crossed a line, as her supervisor. Just play it very cool and be as normal as possible at work. I honestly don't think I would communicate in writing with her at all anymore.

Old 01-23-2018, 06:58 AM

Thats a good idea birdie.

Old 01-23-2018, 07:38 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,029,628 times
Quote:
I agree in that I have issues from past relationship that are still unresolved. We all have baggage. I'm sure she does as well.

The fact that she says she is willing to divorce him and get another job so we can be together ... doesn't that say something?

Has she done it yet? No. How long are you going to give her to do those things?

Old 01-23-2018, 07:43 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,029,628 times
Quote:
Thanks wild flower.

She feels like distance between us will just make us forget about each other. She may be projecting. Perhaps she knows deep down thats what will happen with her feelings.

I told her again we can’t keep seeing each other under these circumstances.

I think this can also be a test of whether she really loves me or not. If she moves on to dating other guys it will show that her feelings for me are not real and that she is just looking for quick fixes and escapes.

Couldn't she same the same about you? You made a career choice that is forcing you to put the relationship on ice. Couldn't she say that your feelings weren't real, and that you picked your job over her?

Personally, I think the 2 of you are a disaster waiting to happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships