Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2018, 10:29 AM

30,902 posts, read 32,992,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noelle25_0 View Post
Stop with your faux feminist outrage.

The numbers scale applies to men as well. However women tend to care more for a man's face during most times of the month excluding when they are ovulating. Then women care about a man's body equally if not more.
Red pill, anyone?

WhoTH cares that an ovulating woman has certain bodily preferences, when it comes to actually choosing a mate? Of course attraction will shift and wax and wane depending upon the time of month, and the man's response will wax too when a woman is ovulating (statistically). Because dur, survival of the species. So what? You do realize people get together, and stay together, even though no woman continuously ovulates, right?

So...still irrelevant.

Old 01-19-2018, 10:32 AM

53 posts, read 87,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Sure. And then, a few months later, somehow, his body "type" changed yet again...to something neither I nor the cheater-girl had. (???)

So the body type that TO HIM was "better," changed three times in the space of a year. OR maybe "numbers" are silly and it will always be a combination of factors that make people really hit one another hard romantically.

Ergo...numbers were irrelevant. (Not because this happened to me, one person; but because it happens to people every single day...all different people...in all different circumstances...of both genders.)

Irrelevant.

You're sorry to break the science to me? I'm sorry that you have so much extra time on your hands that you have to sit around making up computations instead of getting out there and falling in love...for a number of reasons. So we're both sorry; hey, at least apparently there's caring and concern here.
Um. I'm engaged but ok.

Men like varying body types. The same guy can like hips and curves and thickness as well as a sporty athletic body. You saying your body was better is you deciding his preference in body type. Men like all sorts of bodies, unless you asked him specifically who had a better body it's not up to you to decide for him which body he liked better.

Again you missed the point. I'm not talking about overall attraction. I'm talking about initial attraction. How guy's rate women just based off seeing them in the street or at a club. Not once they start talking to them and getting to know them personally.

It's really not that hard to comprehend.

Old 01-19-2018, 10:33 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,947,750 times
Quote:

I'm not saying they're pulling out their calculator to decide whether to hit or not. It's moreso natural in them. Like their brains know the math automatically.
Actually, it really depends on how many beers he has had.

Old 01-19-2018, 10:35 AM

Quote:

It's really not that hard to comprehend.
Sure it is, if the OP, being caught out a pretty much wrong on a basic level, keeps changing the parameters and taking what other people have pointed out as her own original idea.

Congrats on your engagement! Many happy years to you both.

Old 01-19-2018, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Red pill, anyone?

WhoTH cares that an ovulating woman has certain bodily preferences, when it comes to actually choosing a mate? Of course attraction will shift and wax and wane depending upon the time of month, and the man's response will wax too when a woman is ovulating (statistically). Because dur, survival of the species. So what? You do realize people get together, and stay together, even though no woman continuously ovulates, right?

So...still irrelevant.
I'm actually a womanist but can tell you clearly don't understand how feminism works because talking about the science of attraction is in no way devaluing women, but ok. Based off your understanding of it you probably go by white feminism.

Also you obviously cared enough to comment on this thread. I still don't see your point of being here since you don't care and think it's irrelevant.

And just like the other poster you entirely miss the point. People stay together for various reasons. Personality, because they have kids, a man or woman's income, social circles, etc..

I'M TALKING ABOUT INITIAL ATTRACTION. Which doesn't encompass everything that requires to build a relationship.

You both keep equating this to relationships when that's not what I'm saying.

Old 01-19-2018, 10:40 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,718,408 times
If I brought any of this up to people I know, they would laugh in my face and tell me to get off the internet. (Rightfully so.)

Old 01-19-2018, 10:42 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,920,589 times
Quote:
I'M TALKING ABOUT INITIAL ATTRACTION. Which doesn't encompass everything that requires to build a relationship.

You both keep equating this to relationships when that's not what I'm saying.
And yet your OP said:

Quote:
Most men say face matters more than body when pursuing a long term relationship.
Yet, I see that when men are looking for a quick hook-up body takes more importance than face in many instances.

So when men compute who to pursue out a group of girls what is their algorithm when determining who is the most attractive?

It seems that when pursuing long-term relationships or when they body is covered and isn't obviously seen then the ratio of importance is 70% face and 30% body

So a girl with a 8 face and a 6 body is given a 8.0(.7)+6(.3)=7.4
However, when pursuing a hook-up the face and body matter equally dropping the girl to a 7

A girl with a 6 face and 8 body when pursuing a long-term relationship is given a score of 6.6
However, when pursuing a hook-up she becomes a 7.

The 70/30 ratio is the one I'd say most men go by when in search of a long term mate. Albeit unknowing of their natural attractiveness algorithm, it seems to be the one most of them go by naturally.

But when looking for a simple hook-up body matters equally to face. There it's a 50-50 and in some case 40-60 ratio, because subconsciously men are always looking to hook-up with women who are fertile and can give them healthy offspring.
And the only actual question in the OP doesn't specify. You appear to literally be comparing the two equally.

You are changing the parameters. And using numbers to rate people is juvenile.

Old 01-19-2018, 10:48 AM

Quote:
What are you talking about??

Mod cut.

You seem pretty enraged and huffy for a happily newly-engaged woman. I'm going to assume you're not ovulating at the moment and therefore are disappointed by your fiance's face...bummer...don't you hate when that happens? Wait 14 days, you'll be into him again and you should chirk right up. Good luck, hon, and a happy life to you both!

By the way, if you literally just have an academic interest, a sociology board might make more sense or, if her on C-D, Psychology to come a bit closer (there's no Sociology board per se).

Last edited by PJSaturn; 01-19-2018 at 11:24 PM.. Reason: Personal barbs.

Old 01-19-2018, 10:48 AM

2,628 posts, read 4,297,804 times
I used to try to calculate these things with a calculator, but I struggled with women. Then I learned how to program in MatLab, and I was swarmed with women.........

... said no man, ever.

Old 01-19-2018, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
And yet your OP said:

And the only actual question in the OP doesn't specify. You appear to literally be comparing the two equally.

You are changing the parameters. And using numbers to rate people is juvenile.
I'm not changing any parameters. I'm talking about initial attraction and yes many men know who they want to date based off a girls look right off the bat. You do realize that men are more likely than women to fall in love at first sight. Many men see a girl they automatically say "I like her" or "That's the girl I wanna marry or to be my girlfriend". They base this mainly on face.

Now this is based entirely on face. Now personality of course matters the most. But when it comes to initial attraction when guys get butterflies when they see a girl it's mainly about her face.

The ratings scale isn't juvenile at all and each person's number is different depending on who is rating them because as i said no one person likes the same thing. You can be a 4 to one person and 9 to another. It's all about individual preference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships