Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2018, 10:26 AM

11,023 posts, read 5,989,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inacitysomewhere View Post
I would not recommend this approach. What is she, a sex worker? Trading sex for a meal? How charming.

Just...ask her? You know, communicate.
But it's Ok to break off because of her lack of sex? Which he has already done once and wants to do again.
Making a date for sex IS communicating. He would be be communicating very clearly AND positively. I did not suggest doing it in a crude manner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2018, 10:37 AM

8,779 posts, read 9,454,139 times
imagine meeting and interacting with people all the time outside of your relationship who trigger you in such a way and going back home to someone who does the opposite or leads to indifference.

How important this aspect to you is is what will define how “ok” you are with ending a relationship over it.
However, if you’re the type described above. You’re in for a lot of sour grapes throughout your relationship if you attempt to stick around and fight it.

Old 01-22-2018, 10:48 AM

So far she has not displayed any chemistry which is a huge red flag. But is she a closet sex kitten? Probably not but one way to find out.

Old 01-22-2018, 04:03 PM

1,178 posts, read 685,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
But it's Ok to break off because of her lack of sex? Which he has already done once and wants to do again.
Making a date for sex IS communicating. He would be be communicating very clearly AND positively. I did not suggest doing it in a crude manner.
The entire scenario is crude. “After I find out how you are in bed—but no pressure!—we will go out for a bite to eat.”

If he can’t get it to occur naturally, and if he won’t talk to her about why, then maybe they aren’t a match and they should both move on. I didn’t say it was not a legitimate reason to stop seeing each other. It is, if they can’t reach a consensus. I just think he should talk to her first. He asked why she keeps seeing him. It might be an opportunity to see what both want. Pressuring her into sex as a date when she has given no indication that she wants to sex puts him into the position of having to ask for it and her feeling like she has to have sex or lose the guy. Not attractive or romantic. It appears neither has the other’s well being at the forefront of their minds. The least they could do is talk.

Old 01-22-2018, 05:22 PM

I'm not seeing the pressure. Perhaps I should rephrase. I'm suggesting he sets the next date as a sex date. Not a dinner date followed by sex. Not any other kind of date. The idea is to take a firm stand and make a clear statement. If she rejects the invitation then the Op will know where he stands.

It might have the desired effect of getting her attention.

But yes, the least they should do is talk.

Old 01-22-2018, 06:23 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Quote:
I'm not seeing the pressure. Perhaps I should rephrase. I'm suggesting he sets the next date as a sex date. Not a dinner date followed by sex. Not any other kind of date. The idea is to take a firm stand and make a clear statement. If she rejects the invitation then the Op will know where he stands.

It might have the desired effect of getting her attention.

But yes, the least they should do is talk.
303, she won't even let him kiss her on the lips.

I hear what you're saying but if she does have an inner sex kitten, it's not for the OP. I am a woman saying this. It is what it is.

The OP may find his sex kitten. Or just a really great girlfriend who has at least a normal amount of attraction for him, personally. "It" just doesn't always happen, no matter how great a person is, and that aversion to even letting him kiss her really says it all. IMO.

I feel like OP deserves more. And "setting up a sex date" will only wind up humiliating for him.

Old 01-23-2018, 12:09 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,435,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inacitysomewhere View Post
I would not recommend this approach. What is she, a sex worker? Trading sex for a meal? How charming.

Just...ask her? You know, communicate.
Sadly, some guys mistakenly believe that if they pay for x, then the date owes him y. It's formulaic. Spend some money - sex is dispensed.

Old 01-23-2018, 06:00 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
The idea is to take a firm stand and make a clear statement.
He should have "taken a firm stand" when she curved him as he went in for a kiss by saying goodnight and not contacting her again.

Talking about their lack of chemistry is not going to make her suddenly feel all tingly for him, and attempting to "set up a sex date" will only hurt.

Old 01-23-2018, 06:12 AM

1,199 posts, read 730,965 times
My friend is about to marry a born again Christian. No sex before marriage, but she still blows him lol.

This chick likes your attention and that's it. Bounce.

Old 01-23-2018, 09:14 AM

2,669 posts, read 2,092,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings18 View Post
My friend is about to marry a born again Christian. No sex before marriage, but she still blows him lol.

That is a very creative definition of no sex
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships