Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2018, 12:05 PM

6,089 posts, read 5,008,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
Agree although I think this wacko doesn't even know the wife.

Is the email address even legit?
The email address was obviously a burner account.

something like "gettingclosure2000" with a yahoo domain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2018, 12:30 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,075,215 times
That is twisted. I'm going to be honest here, I'd be scared.

What does your wife say?

Old 02-27-2018, 12:33 PM

23,175 posts, read 26,261,606 times
Very suspicious since it wasn't a seemingly read email address.
Could just be phishing attempt to get phone numbers.
May have sent it to hundreds of people.
IF there was a name attached, which you didn't say, tell your wife about it and see if it's legit just out of curiosity.

Old 02-27-2018, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Could just be phishing attempt to get a phone number.
May have sent it to hundreds of people.
IF there was a name attached, which you didn't say, tell your wife about it and see if it's legit just out of curiosity.
She should be able to know even without a name, if they dated for a solid two years and broke up for certain specific reasons, which he stated in the letter.

So if this really happened she'd know...OP, why haven't you asked your wife? That's actually the first thing I'd do.

Old 02-27-2018, 12:37 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,786,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elhelmete View Post
That's a little harsh...

Most everyone I know has a couple "oh THAT guy/girl!!" stories from the past.
I'm just saying that's how *I* would feel! The whole thing is just so embarrassing for all.

Old 02-27-2018, 12:42 PM

1,278 posts, read 1,118,928 times
I would not respond to his message at all. When you're dealing with whackjobs like that guy, ANY reply would be viewed as an invitation for future contact. Obviously that would be bad-bad. Therefore do not, under any circumstances reply to this guy!

You can tell your wife if you want, but do not reply to this guy and tell your wife not to reply either for the reasons I've listed above.

Old 02-27-2018, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
She should be able to know even without a name, if they dated for a solid two years and broke up for certain specific reasons, which he stated in the letter.

So if this really happened she'd know...OP, why haven't you asked your wife? That's actually the first thing I'd do.
I'll be honest, I want to save her from having to remember this guy if it did go down like he claims.

Right now, and I'm not saying this to brag, but I'm in a pretty rock solid marriage. We went right past the 7 year "itch" without even a blink.

I feel like bringing this guy back up, if it's legit, would just be a downer in an otherwise nearly perfect situation.

Old 02-27-2018, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGal7 View Post
I would not respond to his message at all. When you're dealing with whackjobs like that guy, ANY reply would be viewed as an invitation for future contact. Obviously that would be bad-bad. Therefore do not, under any circumstances reply to this guy!

You can tell your wife if you want, but do not reply to this guy and tell your wife not to reply either for the reasons I've listed above.
Yeah, I tend to agree with this.

Old 02-27-2018, 01:06 PM

13,261 posts, read 8,063,950 times
I think you most definitely should not respond at all to him. I also think if he could've contacted your wife directly, he would've, and bypassed you altogether. And MAYBE he's already tried that, and MAYBE your wife has already shut him down, blocked him, etc.

I DO think you should mention this to your wife, because the guy might be unhinged. And I guess I'll sound melodramatic...but if he HAS contacted her before, and now trying to go through you...maybe get police involved?

Old 02-27-2018, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
I'll be honest, I want to save her from having to remember this guy if it did go down like he claims.

Right now, and I'm not saying this to brag, but I'm in a pretty rock solid marriage. We went right past the 7 year "itch" without even a blink.

I feel like bringing this guy back up, if it's legit, would just be a downer in an otherwise nearly perfect situation.
You're talking about your safety, and her safety. If this guy is legit he could track you down at your house.

What do you mean, it could be a downer? How could this negatively impact your marriage if it's in the past? And OTOH if it is legit how could you NOT want as much info as possible to arm yourself against stalking? Because if it is legit you have indeed already been stalked. It won't end here. Not with the degree of nuttiness and misery displayed in the letter.

And OTOH if it isn't for real you can both realize it was probably phishing or some other nonsense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships