Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2018, 01:37 AM

1,080 posts, read 836,539 times

Advertisements

"Feministic"? I think you just made up a word.

Proud Gen X Feminist here. Millennials didn't invent Feminism, you know. I would say the Gen X version probably is/was a little more sex-positive on average, though, from what I can tell.

To answer your question, no, I don't see very many men in their 20's dating women my age, though it does happen occasionally, of course.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2018, 05:58 AM

5,429 posts, read 4,455,055 times
Only if they are unable to get a woman their age or younger.

Old 03-10-2018, 10:03 AM

9,368 posts, read 6,969,068 times
Based upon my year of birth I am defined as a "millennial" but I vehemently deny belonging to this designation and would suggest the age boundaries need to be re-addressed. No child of the 80's should identify as a "millennial". But I digress....

I'm married and in my early/mid-30's with a spouse my same age. If I were to became single for some strange reason I would be primarily interested in data 40-50 age range based preferences. Anything past early 50's likely would be pushing it for me though and I certainly would not look for anyone in their 20's (shudders).

Old 03-10-2018, 09:54 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,842,888 times
I do not ever date men in their 20's at my age.30's yes.

Old 03-10-2018, 10:43 PM

19,387 posts, read 15,224,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
I do not ever date men in their 20's at my age.30's yes.
Cardiac arrest?

Old 03-11-2018, 12:50 AM

424 posts, read 236,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAandATL View Post
A thought has occurred to me recently. I wonder if guys in their 20's prefer to date older women in their 30's and 40's even more so than ever before because of the negative reputation of Millennial women (narcissistic, entitled, feministic), thus creating a shortage of available Gen-X women for the men of the same age, since most women tend to prefer younger guys due to their higher testosterone levels.
I don't see older women as being any better than younger women in terms of attitude. If anything, younger women tend to be more laid back and fun in my experience.

Old 03-11-2018, 10:44 AM

10,075 posts, read 7,534,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
OTOH, do I really need Millennial testosterone?
its a half dose considering posts on here sound like they havent hit puberty yet when they think the cashier making small talk is the same as flirting

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDistinguishedGentleman View Post
I don't see older women as being any better than younger women in terms of attitude. If anything, younger women tend to be more laid back and fun in my experience.
its not the attitude, its the personality... are you dating her or her phone since you see it more often

Old 03-11-2018, 11:12 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Our millennial boys are dating millennial girls, and vice versa.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-11-2018, 12:03 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,987,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Our millennial boys are dating millennial girls, and vice versa.
That's what I see.

Overall, in any age group people will tend to wind up with someone fairly similar in age. There are stats to back this up but you're probably all tired of my stats by now. There are exceptions for sure; by the numbers, they are in the minority. There doesn't really seem to be one generation or age group that routinely, or as a significant chunk is with someone far older, or far younger.

I don't believe this is about the actual generations in question, it is simply the way we humans roll. It isn't all just about "biology." We are human, our intellect is literally our hallmark. That is not insignificant; it isn't even secondary. While some people can connect with those much younger or older, overall we tend to drift to people around our same basic experience and other factors. *Overall* (not every single time, don't everybody line up to freak out) this means age will figure in.

As I said, at my school people obviously "prefer" one another and are always hooking up, or more seriously dating. I definitely don't see these girls jumping routinely for older guys, either. They want youth and fun and a similar current experience: school.

Old 03-11-2018, 12:21 PM

639 posts, read 376,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
How on earth could anyone answer this question when it is laced with such stereotypes and bigotry?

People have individual preferences based on their socioeconomic, educational and personal background, plus their individual experiences, tastes, influences and God-given innate personalities.

The answer is (write this down). Some do. Some don't.

You seem like a very black and white thinker who gets nervous about things that can't be solved mathematically.
It's the OP's opinion. One that actually has evidence backing it up. Why are they not able to say that, even if it disagrees what you believe is correct?

To live in denial is ignorance, and to call it hate speech because it hurts your feelings is ridiculous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships