Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2018, 04:02 PM

1,645 posts, read 1,214,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
My late MIL was missing two fingers from a farm accident when she was a teenager. She married and had six kids. My ex said when a new friend would come to the house, she would offer to make sandwiches and then, with the knife in her hand, would exclaim, "Oh, no, look what I did!" and hold up her hand.

He said one kid ran out the door and never came back lol.

I have been around both friends younger kids and family kids, maybe 6, most likely younger, and when they would see my left hand, the kids were like open up your hand fully, they did not quite comprehend that the fingers were missing.

It always made me smile, the innocence of young children.

Regarding the same issue with my left hand, after the accident, my best friend and I were playing Golf, and since I was now missing two fingers on my left hand, I had to hold the club differently. He made a joke don't stump your hand when you swing the club. I was so shocked, how could he say that, but he just had a big grin on his face, and all I could do was laugh at it.

Over the years I have made jokes about it my self, if I can't laugh at a accident that was my fault, that could be a real problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2018, 12:15 PM

32 posts, read 20,768 times
I have tons of scars and bruises on my body from different medical conditions and I've never had any man run away from me or was turned off by them. I think it helps that I'm not insecure about it. I make sure to let them know in advance, and if they have already fallen for you, it will not matter to them. Just own it and talk about it bravely. You went through so much and your scars are a symbol of your strength.

However, it is possible that there are really shallow and judgmental guys out there so I always look out for signs of that in the beginning. If I feel like they will be judgmental, then I quickly leave before anything gets too intimate. I only show my scars to people I know will be open and accepting.

Old 06-27-2018, 10:23 PM

8 posts, read 5,919 times
Thanks guys. Seems like I'm more paranoid than I need to be. It didn't work out with him but that's not why. We just were a weird match

Old 05-28-2019, 07:32 PM

1 posts, read 427 times
Hi I'm a new poster

Girls/Woman with scars from surgery/illness are cool

they all have a story and their part of their bodies.

they should show them off anyway.

and I've got a scar on my knee from ripping my ACL Up

then 3 Yrs ago '' Had a Tkr done With a nasty scar after''

growing up in calif our friends our buds had scars no problem.

we layed out on the patio and grass most the time as pre-teens and teens

plenty beer rock music the funny brownies, we left our car keys at home

someone pulled their phone out of the window.

those were the days thanks 7inchscar ;-)))

and letting me post thanks

Old 05-29-2019, 06:56 AM

880 posts, read 531,965 times
I have scars, breast reduction surgery, c-section, stretchmarks. No guy has ever cared or been turned off. I have a full back tattoo...that is more likely to turn people off.

Old 05-29-2019, 10:45 AM

4,042 posts, read 2,711,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abcde1234 View Post
Thanks guys. Seems like I'm more paranoid than I need to be. It didn't work out with him but that's not why. We just were a weird match
Keep your head up!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships