Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2018, 02:13 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,687,488 times

Advertisements

Since he is their child, and you're clearly not, I'm not sure what you're in a huff about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2018, 02:22 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,984,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
Since he is their child, and you're clearly not, I'm not sure what you're in a huff about.
I agree.

It's MOTHER'S DAY, not Significant Others' Day.

If he had a child with you, he might be more attuned to your feelings about being celebrated as a mom, but please please please learn to brush off this kind of thing, as I seriously doubt he meant any ill will.

Be glad he has a good relationship with his folks.

Old 05-13-2018, 02:24 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 12 days ago)

35,640 posts, read 17,994,810 times
Without knowing your boyfriend (maybe he's insensitive in general) I think you're making something of nothing. This is mother's day, and he was celebrating his mother.

At the point when you finished taking pics of his family, you should have immediately said ok, my turn, can you take some pics of me and my son? And my guess (don't know) is he would have absolutely done it, cheerfully, and you could caption your pic celebrating Mother's day with the best son on the planet.

And no hard feelings anywhere.

Old 05-13-2018, 02:30 PM

14,785 posts, read 8,120,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
That is kind of how I see it.

Old 05-13-2018, 02:35 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,021,357 times
The picture is of him and his mom, not of you and him and his mom, so he posted it to his mom...why is that weird?

Is it because he said she's the best mom in the world? Fast forward 15 years and imagine your son asking his girlfriend to take a pic of you guys together. And he posts, "Here's a pic of me and my mom. It was taken by my girlfriend, who is the best mom in the world."

Um, wouldn't you think "WTF?" LOL!

Old 05-13-2018, 03:00 PM

13 posts, read 10,426 times
I am his wife. I’m Not a girlfriend. And he did get presents with my son, but we did activities with my son and i paid. And brunch ? I paid too.

Old 05-13-2018, 03:08 PM

2,483 posts, read 2,476,969 times
It's not always about you.

Let him allow his mom to have his complete attention for one day out of what 300'something...

Old 05-13-2018, 03:12 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,021,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mymiall View Post
I am his wife. I’m Not a girlfriend. And he did get presents with my son, but we did activities with my son and i paid. And brunch ? I paid too.
Oh really? Because you said "significant other," not "husband," and you said "MY," not "our," son. Misleading much?

Are you asking us to believe that your husband said he couldn't post a pic of you with your child because he doesn't have any "fresh" ones?

Maybe you want to post a final version of the story before asking us to comment. You seem like you're just looking for a fight, posting information that can obviously be misinterpreted, then correcting people in a huff. For sympathy? The whole story doesn't make him look as bad? Or what?

No, I would not be offended by my husband posting a pic of his mom, to his mom.

If he literally blew me off for Mother's Day, yes, I'd be upset but did he? I don't think my husband posted pics of me today but he often does, so I don't care, I certainly wouldn't get into a peeing contest over whether he remembered to post a pic of me each and every time he posted one of his mom.

Old 05-13-2018, 03:25 PM

13,285 posts, read 8,465,685 times
I adore my dil. She is the doting wife and mom.
But a light bulb moment happened at Easter. She is a photo buff and takes marvelous impromptu family pics! Yet strangely it's often without my sons side of the family. Meaning myself or his brother. I say not a word because I've taken to the back seat approach . My son though stood up from one of her inspiring photo hunts and says...darling...have you forgotten my mom and the kids mimi? She didn't think I cared...yet after the families gathered I thanked her...in kindness and said...may I have a copy then? It's heartbreaking sometimes being slighted...it's what the new generation figures is the norm. I just want some posterity. I have so few pics with my mom...and the ones I do have..remind me..she deserved to be more in the picture of life then standing in the bleachers so to speak. Wish more guys did have admiration for their mom's. ..yet rumor has it the wife or s.o assumed if he does..he has mommy issues. ..sad that folks aren't allowed to even like their parents...

Old 05-13-2018, 03:39 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,038,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mymiall View Post
If you are his wife, wouldn't it be more like you both paid?? or are finances completely separate??

Is the boy your son, or both of your son??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships