Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2018, 02:45 PM

6,915 posts, read 3,949,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
I am just amazed at what women will put up with!
Exactly. Anyone who wants to know the real reason for the feminist movement need only to read the OP.

It's so we women don't have to put up with abuse like that. Our success is our own, our money and property is our own, yet so many women just want to hand it all over, along with their sense of self-worth, self-respect, and self-determination.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2018, 12:41 PM

4,043 posts, read 3,772,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mymiall View Post
He Told me he keeps track of all the meals that he pays for me and that he wants that so maybe someday If i leave him he can tell a judge to make me pay it all.
What the F? Who does that??

Old 05-31-2018, 12:48 PM

898 posts, read 597,716 times
Quote:
I’ve been living with my “husband” for the past 3 years. We never officially got married. I have begged. But he keeps delaying.

Our main issue is money. I make good money. He does as well but he spends more jn his business expenses and he’s upside down.

I pay nearly every meal out. The other night it was 309 bucks with his friends and i paid. He sometimes will say no no it’s ok...I’ll get it.

Last night he paid. But today we were eating out at lunch and he was rushing me. I said then get the check. He said are you pathological? YOU get the check. I said wow.

He said yeah wow. How did you not know you need to pay. I got the bill.

Then we were headed to the movies. His kids were coming. I had a 16 dollar ticket. He said well you should have paid. I was fine not seeing my kids and saving money. Whatever.

I said right...now I’m bad because i mentioned we should take your kids to a movie?

When we got there he dropped me off and told me I could go get all the popcorn and candy for everyone while he was parking.

We went to dinner and he finally grabbed the bill. But I’m angry. He Told me he keeps track of all the meals that he pays for me and that he wants that so maybe someday If i leave him he can tell a judge to make me pay it all.

All is ok tonight with him but I’m angry. How do i deal with this?

Is there a Dollar Tree next to the theater? Say "I'm going to Dollar Tree to get candy to smuggle in" You park the car and get the popcorn/sodas" Who buys the tickets at Fandango ahead of time is another argument...er discussion. My theater it's almost the only way to go to a movie now. All reserved seating and if you can't say on Friday after work, "let's go to a movie". And a dollar for Junior Mints are just as tasty as $4 in the theater.

Old 05-31-2018, 12:53 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,009,489 times
You deal with this by dumping him.Why would you want to marry someone like this?He is using you financially.That is no way to treat someone that you love and for him to tell you that he's keeping track of the money that he spends when it involves you so that he could use it in the divorce for later...??WHY do you want to marry this jerk??
You need to get out of this mess like last week.

Old 05-31-2018, 01:25 PM

880 posts, read 1,251,390 times
That's not your husband.

Old 06-01-2018, 02:04 AM

67 posts, read 167,552 times
Yes, he is using you financially. I know it's hard because you probably love him and care about him a lot. I've been there myself (paying for guys because I was waiting for both of us to become successful.) Men like this are not going to change. They will just find a new woman to mooch off of. Leave while you can (and before you spend any more $$$ on him.) As for his threat to take you to court, no judge is going to even take that case It's so asinine.

Old 06-01-2018, 04:21 AM

983 posts, read 2,773,676 times
Dump him. He sounds like a major A$$hole.

Old 06-01-2018, 06:30 AM

503 posts, read 1,454,575 times
You are not married to this guy, no kids. GET OUT NOW! WHo talks to someone like that? He is keeping track? He doesn't want to marry you. He wants to use you.

LEAVE NOW!!!

Get some counseling!

Old 06-01-2018, 02:19 PM

39,221 posts, read 27,592,812 times
Quote:
I still have a house in another town. Until i can rent it, i pay that mortgage. So no i don’t pay half of his mortgage but when i suggested that i would try and help him he Told me that i should consider it like paying my landlord and he will never give me a portion of any profits. He says do you ask your landlord for money back? Same here.

So no. I have not been eager to help him and his mortgage.

I pay all my own bills. All. Car. Insurance. Every incidental. And i have to pay his meals?
what kind of relationship do you have with this man again?

It looks like you are just a tenant who occasionally has sex with him. Obviously a win win for him.

He will never marry you and he has this astonishing sense of entitlement issue. He is also cheap as hell.

Drop him already.

--------------------

Let's say for some magic reasons, he decided to finally marry you. He will still use you. This is not a loving guy who is the husband material. Marriage is not some kind of success story. gee

Old 06-02-2018, 09:18 AM

2,033 posts, read 1,679,699 times
Quote:
But what if your partner had another house, bills, cable for the place she brought into the relationship and you stay there as well when you go with her to visit her family. At least 10 days a month...

Why? Get out NOW. Go NO contact with him. Leave while you still can!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships