Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2018, 07:25 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
How is it a waste? Don’t you need a place to sleep, shower, etc?
LOLOL! The poor OP's thought processes are a mystery.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2018, 07:27 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
Isn’t by definition getting a free hotel room capitalizing?
lol

Not only that, but how can getting something for free be a "waste"? ROFL! A waste of what? Is the OP worried his employer wasted money on his hotel room? Maybe next time, his employer should give him a tent to put up in an RV park, instead?

Old 05-23-2018, 07:32 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,655,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereToDate View Post
have a hotel room to myself that my work paid for. Indoor water park resort, mostly families I think.

I feel like having this hotel room is such a waste - I’m in a new city, so anyone I meet won’t know me or have any mutuals. The hotel allows for anonymity too.

I shouldn’t try and hook up with anyone from work, right? Should I just go to the hotel bar and meet people?

yes. Hotel bars/restaurants are some of the best places to meet new people.

Old 05-23-2018, 07:48 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Which city?

Old 05-23-2018, 08:26 PM

37,619 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
have a hotel room to myself that my work paid for. Indoor water park resort, mostly families I think.

I feel like having this hotel room is such a waste - I’m in a new city, so anyone I meet won’t know me or have any mutuals. The hotel allows for anonymity too.

I shouldn’t try and hook up with anyone from work, right? Should I just go to the hotel bar and meet people?
Huh? You do need to sleep at night, right?? THAT is the point of the hotel room.

Hook up? How old are you?

Old 05-23-2018, 08:52 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,724 posts, read 58,067,115 times
Make a poll here...

How many have stayed in a great hotel resort on business travel, and wished someone else could reap the bennies (while you work your life away... leave in AM before pool opens, return home after pool closes...)

1,000 of nights
10,000 + nights.?

Enjoy what you can, bring a sis an nieces an nephews... you won’t get much sleep! But you are working anyway. You can rest at work leave work early! Enjoy the water park.

Old 05-23-2018, 08:56 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
Guess you don't get out much, OP?

Old 05-24-2018, 08:03 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
Quote:

What's the alternative, sleeping in the car? No, don't hook up with coworkers tonight. WTH?

What are you, 12? This is a weird thread.

Old 05-24-2018, 10:04 AM

898 posts, read 598,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Why sit in a hotel bar and hope to meet other bored travellers?
Go out! Explore the city, the cafes and bars. Go to the park. Sit outside a restaurant or bistro, observe people, start a conversation. In a resort kind of place it shouldn't be that hard at all...

Pretty much this. You have to travel for work, don't try to make it an opportunity for a booty call. If you look, most of the 40-50 year old guys in your situation don't even eat at the hotel restaurant, but go to a local diner to get real food. You can't eat steak every night. Every business trip is not an invitation to seek out a booty call. You are in town for work. Find a girl/guy at home and miss them while you are gone.

Old 05-24-2018, 11:04 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times
This reminds me of an incident. One time I had a sketchy coworker who was always hitting on me and basically all of the women in the office. We went on a trip to Vegas for a conference (you know what they say about Vegas).

Everyone (non senior execs) was supposed to meet in the lobby for dinner. Everyone was there but him.
Me: me, Joe, and Bob are waiting in the lobby.
Guy: I’m almost ready, the view in my room is awesome, you should come up. There was some unintelligible st Did since reception was flaky.
Me: ok, we’ll come check it out.

We all hop in the elevator and go to his room. I’m leading the way. We get up to the door and it is cracked open. I knock lightly calling out a greeting.

He says “come in.” We all start coming in.

The room is dark. I notice a pair of boxers on the floor. I do a scan, and when I get to the bed I see he appears to be nude under the covers.

He motions for me to join him and then sees the other guys. At this point things are beyond awkward. We all run up to the window to look a the view. He starts talking about mushrooms and lights and all sorts of hallucinations.

We ask him if he needs a few minutes and he is like I’ll find you guys later.

We all run out exchanging looks like WTF just happened. We went to dinner and I filled them in on all the other weird incidents with this guy.

The rest of the trip was awkward as was my time working with him. This is not the only sketchy incident with this guy, but let’s just say the trip was memorable.

So maybe hopkin up with coworkers on a trip is not the best idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships