Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2018, 05:05 AM

10 posts, read 4,974 times

Advertisements

We both in 30's and we love each other since 3 months and I was the one who said it first while she wasn't expecting or even ready for it. She was afraid to get attached and I leave after and she wanted always that I prove my love in a way that meets her standards in love, I try to show it but in my own way which -most of time- doesn't make her satisfied. I can see her need for me, she always see both of us together in the future however she never said "I love you" directly as I say it and I never asked why!. I really need her and we both looking forward to a long term relationship, but many times I recieve indirect signals of doubt from her side which makes me feel uncomfortable to announce our relationship (we don't have common friends and none of our friends nor families know about it), we've been in situations where some of my friends or family members were around when we were in public but I intended to hide and not introducing her to them, I told her this step we should do together and I don't feel she would do the same if I told my people who is she, but she feels that I hide her becaude of something else, she want to be recognized and I want to be so, am I doing is wrong?
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2018, 09:27 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,713,925 times
So you are with this woman, you run into your friends or family, and you don't even bother to introduce her? And you run away? Pretty rude, my friend. You know, you can just tell them her name at least, and that you are friends. No one needs to know anything more.

Hiding seems pretty childish, but maybe you are very young and just don't understand good manners.

Old 07-09-2018, 10:10 AM

1,278 posts, read 1,114,614 times
I don't understand why you haven't introduced her. What's the big deal? What are you afraid of? My boyfriend couldn't wait to introduce me to everyone in his family and all of his friends. And I felt the same about him. If it's something truly special with someone then you shouldn't want to keep it a secret!

Old 07-09-2018, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
So you are with this woman, you run into your friends or family, and you don't even bother to introduce her? And you run away? Pretty rude, my friend. You know, you can just tell them her name at least, and that you are friends. No one needs to know anything more.

Hiding seems pretty childish, but maybe you are very young and just don't understand good manners.
I just said when any of my people are around, in cafe shop for example, I don't go to them alone nor together they don't even know that we are there and If I met any by coincidence for sure I'll introduce her, and I did that -if you read carefully- because I have the feeling that she will not introduce me -in the meantime- as a boyfriend to her friends or family because she seems in doubt about a lot of things and afraid to do so. I want everyone to know but I want that to happen from both of us. That's what I think and I asked lf what I'm doing is wrong.

Old 07-09-2018, 03:28 PM

11,395 posts, read 24,438,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerfists View Post
I just said when any of my people are around, in cafe shop for example, I don't go to them alone nor together they don't even know that we are there and If I met any by coincidence for sure I'll introduce her, and I did that -if you read carefully- because I have the feeling that she will not introduce me -in the meantime- as a boyfriend to her friends or family because she seems in doubt about a lot of things and afraid to do so. I want everyone to know but I want that to happen from both of us. That's what I think and I asked lf what I'm doing is wrong.
Maybe you need to announce it on social media. Doesn’t that make things official?

Old 07-09-2018, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGal7 View Post
I don't understand why you haven't introduced her. What's the big deal? What are you afraid of? My boyfriend couldn't wait to introduce me to everyone in his family and all of his friends. And I felt the same about him. If it's something truly special with someone then you shouldn't want to keep it a secret!
What if you wanted to introduce your boyfriend to everyone and he don't want to do the same with his friends and family, do you think you will go for it?

Old 07-09-2018, 04:00 PM

61,649 posts, read 87,001,838 times
If you are together and there is a third party approaching you, the normal behavior is to introduce your companion no matter who he/she is to you. (coworker, friend, neighbor etc.)
You don't need explain anything or give any info about the person. Just say: this is (her name), and this is (the other people names).
Neglecting to make an introduction leaves a person feeling ignored and, well, awkward. Running away it's rude and childish.
There are rules how to do it properly (man to woman, younger to elder, higher rank to lower rank etc.) but in your case it's pretty simple: you just turn your head to your lady friend and say: Jane, this is Chris - we work together. Chris - this is Jane.
If you see your family, you say: Mom (or Dad) this is my friend Jane.
Here are more examples and explanation why you need to introduce your companion and make it properly without making it awkward by hiding or running away.
https://www.artofmanliness.com/artic...e-a-gentleman/

Did you ever had a situation when she ran into someone she knew and how she reacted? Did she introduced you, or ignored your presence?

BTW: why are you anticipating that your girl doesn't want to be introduced to your friends or family? You don't need to tell anyone she is your GF. Just say her name and say she is your friend. That's all they need to know till it's official.

Old 07-09-2018, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
If you are together and there is a third party approaching you, the normal behavior is to introduce your companion no matter who he/she is to you. (coworker, friend, neighbor etc.)
You don't need explain anything or give any info about the person. Just say: this is (her name), and this is (the other people names).
Neglecting to make an introduction leaves a person feeling ignored and, well, awkward. Running away it's rude and childish.
There are rules how to do it properly (man to woman, younger to elder, higher rank to lower rank etc.) but in your case it's pretty simple: you just turn your head to your lady friend and say: Jane, this is Chris - we work together. Chris - this is Jane.
If you see your family, you say: Mom (or Dad) this is my friend Jane.
Here are more examples and explanation why you need to introduce your companion and make it properly without making it awkward by hiding or running away.
https://www.artofmanliness.com/artic...e-a-gentleman/

Did you ever had a situation when she ran into someone she knew and how she reacted? Did she introduced you, or ignored your presence?

BTW: why are you anticipating that your girl doesn't want to be introduced to your friends or family? You don't need to tell anyone she is your GF. Just say her name and say she is your friend. That's all they need to know till it's official.
You got my post wrong -or I was not accurate in explaining- we never ran into any of my/her friends/family or met any by chance, but rather we were in some places where one or two of my people were nearby -I know they were there but they didn't notice my presense-, the thing is I can't say she is just a friend if I introduced her to any of them because that will hurt her, also I know it's difficult for her to intoduce me to her friends/family as BF, so all I wanted is just we wait untill we can make it official -both of us-, I'm ready to make it but she is not yet, otherwise I will hate it if people from my side know she is my GF but her prople know that I'm only a friend.

Old 07-09-2018, 05:23 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
The simple solution to that is to not introduce her in context to you. When I introduce someone, I don't say "My friend, Sarah", or "My girlfriend, Sarah", I just say, "This is Sarah". Simple enough, and avoid the possessive phrasing that so many women dislike intensely.

Old 07-09-2018, 05:35 PM
RJ_

743 posts, read 392,246 times
Just wear these. Problem solved.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships