Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2018, 09:08 AM

88 posts, read 53,265 times

Advertisements

Boyfriend asked me to stop being in contact via snap chat with two guys i had sexual relations with. That was the only platform, no inappropriate conversation, I told him okay but unfortunately continued. He thinks I wanted attention, but I dont feel I did. Dont bash me but I need advice. Boyfriend was/is a great guy but i ruined it but idk why
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2018, 09:11 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
He was worried about you jumping ship and cheating and from your behavior, he was correct.

Old 07-13-2018, 09:13 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,350,394 times
You don't know why you ruined it or you don't know why your BF had a problem with you snap chatting a couple of former sexual partners?

Old 07-13-2018, 09:15 AM

I never cheated, I was with it 24/7

Old 07-13-2018, 09:16 AM

I understand why but I saw it as very innocent because I would never cheat and I hadnt seen those guys in months

Old 07-13-2018, 09:18 AM

I just dont know why I didnt stop, I felt it was so innocent and harmless because I had zero plans on continuing anything sexual with those guys, he says I wanted attention from them but i dont feel like i did

Old 07-13-2018, 09:22 AM

4,242 posts, read 947,782 times
OP, it sounds like you didn't understand that being in contact with these two men would hurt your boyfriend, especially when he asked you to stop. If the shoe were on the other foot, how would you feel if your boyfriend were interacting with two women he had previously had sex with, even after you had asked him not to?

Old 07-13-2018, 09:33 AM

5,460 posts, read 7,762,387 times
Tell him you love him, you're genuinely sorry, that it was completely innocent in nature (i.e., as you told us here), that he is your one and only love, have been 100% faithful to him and would never dream of cheating on him, and that you had honestly just looking for someone to have a platonic conversation with. Let him know that you never meant to hurt him...ask him for another chance to try again for love, together, that he means everything to you, and that you don't want to lose his love?

Old 07-13-2018, 09:37 AM

To be honest he told me it would be be a problem, I listened for a while because I did completely stop communicating with a person he specifically too issue with, i just wished them happy birthday and that was it.

And honestly, I'm a very different type of person. I would be upset yes but I would assume that he would know boundaries so I wouldnt and havent asked him to stop communicating with past partners as we were together all the type and so happy. Past partners dont matter to me as long as your focus is on me and you're not disrespectful if you do happen to communicate with them.

He's been upset for over a year and broke up with me because of it. The day everything happened, I blocked them on everything (communication was on snap chat but still had them on IG and their phone numbers that I no longer used) but I blocked them and never looked back. I apologized and somehow havent been able to recover. He knows if he did it, it would have been forgiven a long time ago. He says I put getting attention over his wants and happiness but I dont even feel like I was getting attention. I felt so detached from those guys that I really saw it as innocent.

Old 07-13-2018, 09:40 AM

I've tried that now he tells me that he believed I settled and never liked him and I just would take any guy that came along, thats completely untrue...theres so much more to the story so much. I'm convinced he hates me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships