Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2018, 12:45 AM

133 posts, read 75,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by That_One_Girl View Post
To each their own. I take things slow. Sexually and relationship wise. But everyone is different. People should do what they're comfortable with. I've just seen a lot of people rush in, claim they are madly in love and then hate the person a few months later, lol.
Lol, more like *crazy in lust*.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2018, 02:34 AM

1,519 posts, read 1,342,050 times
It means they have no electricity/spark with you,you’re not familiar or their soulmate.

Old 10-01-2018, 11:46 AM

5,324 posts, read 6,114,654 times
I think people exaggerate it when they describe chemistry as some amazing unexplainable electricity over someone they just met

Chemistry is basically physical attraction plus compatibility and connection.

I also think some people use it to be nice..instead of saying I’m not physically attracted to you or I don’t find you that interesting or entertaining they use the word chemistry because it’s very vague and less hurtful to someone

Old 10-01-2018, 12:26 PM

8,089 posts, read 10,121,437 times
Chemistry is that little feeling, deep inside, which puts a smile on your face and a little pitter-patter in your heart. You know it when you feel it. Tremendous rush.

Old 10-01-2018, 12:28 PM

52 posts, read 22,133 times
I think for the quick date. It almost about your outlook. You should spend more time to figure out how to dress and talk. Sometimes, A girl who has attitudes that made the girl looks attractive.

Old 10-02-2018, 04:52 AM

506 posts, read 512,808 times
Guys call it being "friend-zoned."

Old 10-02-2018, 04:57 AM

3,926 posts, read 2,047,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by That_One_Girl View Post
And like I said, it can develop over time.
It can develop over time, but to others it must be instant. They say women know they will sleep with a guy in the first 5 mins of Meeting them. So there's no real "building over time"

Some men usually bank on this method, hoping "I hope she'll grow on me over time" but it never does. This is true in MOST cases.

Old 10-02-2018, 06:38 AM

49,926 posts, read 60,129,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisTown123 View Post
They say women know they will sleep with a guy in the first 5 mins of Meeting them.
Well, to be fair, Chris Rock said that. It was part of his “Bigger and Blacker” comedy show. It’s not like a published policy or anything.

Old 10-02-2018, 07:41 AM

3,926 posts, read 2,047,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Well, to be fair, Chris Rock said that. It was part of his “Bigger and Blacker” comedy show. It’s not like a published policy or anything.
YEAH that was the one!

So funny, because it's true. lol

Old 10-02-2018, 10:36 AM

20,448 posts, read 14,764,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisTown123 View Post
It can develop over time, but to others it must be instant. They say women know they will sleep with a guy in the first 5 mins of Meeting them. So there's no real "building over time"

Some men usually bank on this method, hoping "I hope she'll grow on me over time" but it never does. This is true in MOST cases.
I'd say I know if he's a yes, a no, or a maybe within seconds. But that could change. There are men I've met that I found immediately appealing and then they said something and I was like, "ok nevermind." There are men I've met and thought they probably were not that sexually interesting to me, but the more we interacted the more curious and interested I got. The best lovers of my life were men I was not excited about in the first 5 minutes, but they grew on me as we talked and interacted, at least curiosity formed, and then the sex was fireworks and I was hooked.

And here's the kicker too...even if I am good to go all the way to the bedroom, it's also completely possible that I could get there and have sex with a man and only then decide that the "chemistry" is a no-go. Sometimes the energy is just...off. In a completely irredeemable, "oh hell, this isn't gonna work out" never-want-to-fool-around-with-him-again kind of a way.

But after a first date, I should at least be feeling curious. A sort of, "OK, I'm intrigued and I want to know more about you" sort of a feeling. And no deal breakers, or what I call "Nope triggers." Once I've put a guy in the box marked Hell No, he's not getting out of it.

Do I really need to inform him that it was his disgusting filthy rotten teeth, which he didn't show in any of his profile pics online but which I saw during date #1, that the idea of kissing him made me ill? Really? How about "Sorry, not feeling any chemistry, best of luck!" instead... Or if it's some ideological thing, like he's a gun nut, if I told him that was the reason I didn't want to date him that gives him the chance to start some stupid debate. Like he's going to argue me into changing my mind? I respect his/anyone's right to have guns and be into that, but it's not my thing and I have personal reasons to not want that in my life. I'm not judging some dude as being less-than or wrong just because I don't want to date him.

So yeah, you say "no chemistry" and it's easier and probably 90% of the time it's a substitute for an explanation that someone is not really obligated to spend time making.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships