Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2018, 01:58 PM

49,926 posts, read 60,224,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxthinkpinkxo View Post
I was feeling discouraged yesterday but today I feel a lot better. I think the coffee date is not working and I'm maybe shooting for people who are a bit different than me.
I'm glad you're not as discouraged as yesterday.

I do think that, even though the internet and messaging works well for less social folks, online dating really doesn't because it has a LOT to do with selling yourself, which a lot of less socially assertive people are just not great at.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2018, 01:59 PM

408 posts, read 436,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
I hate to say it because it's one of those things that's out of one's control, but a 5'11" woman may not be a big deal on paper but in person it's a turn off for most men. That's my height, and I've never had more than a first date with a woman 5'8" or taller.
Alright, and that's fair. I appreciate your honesty. Why is it a turn off exactly?

Old 09-23-2018, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
I'm glad you're not as discouraged as yesterday.

I do think that, even though the internet and messaging works well for less social folks, online dating really doesn't because it has a LOT to do with selling yourself, which a lot of less socially assertive people are just not great at.
Definitely not my strength at all. Thanks I have another date planned for today and I'm feeling a lot better about it!

Old 09-23-2018, 02:02 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,122,161 times
Quote:
Definitely not my strength at all. Thanks I have another date planned for today and I'm feeling a lot better about it!
What are you guys going to do?

Old 09-23-2018, 02:03 PM

2,660 posts, read 1,572,211 times
Quote:
Alright, and that's fair. I appreciate your honesty. Why is it a turn off exactly?
Probably for the opposite reason short guys are generally a turn off for women. Asian women are generally very attractive to white men, but white woman in general are not attracted to asian men - it's got to do with height.

Old 09-23-2018, 02:03 PM

15,225 posts, read 10,409,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayarea4 View Post
This is a long shot, but I'll throw it out there anyway. Could it be poor grooming, body odor or bad breath? I have a friend who's attractive, very bright, well-educated and a great conversationalist. She's divorced and has tried online dating, but with not much success. Guys are interested, take her out a time or two, and then they lose interest.

My friend doesn't know what the real problem is, but I think I do. I've noticed that she often has bad breath and isn't very good with dental hygiene. I've seen her with food between her teeth. Also, she doesn't bother with hair or makeup, doesn't wear any fragrance and wears baggy, shapeless clothing that sometimes has noticeable stains or needs pressing. She often looks like she just rolled out of bed and picked up whatever clothes were lying on the closet floor.

I love my friend dearly, but there's no way I could tell her any of this. Maybe the "no chemistry" response from all these different guys really means that something about your grooming or physical appearance is putting them off, but they're too polite to say so. It's just a guess, but I think anyone who's puzzled by lack of interest from the opposite sex should at least consider these issues as a possible cause.

I had to give the "no chemistry" spiel to a guy who had such horrible breath that I was wiping his kiss off the side of my face the minute I got in the car. Are people that dense that they don't keep some mints or gum on them on a date? That and he was really, really short, under 5'3".

Old 09-23-2018, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
What are you guys going to do?
Taking my dog for a walk to the park and having a little picnic. I hope this works out!

Old 09-23-2018, 02:06 PM

2,483 posts, read 2,486,998 times
Quote:
I know you didn't ask me, but I'll offer one experience.

We were walking from restaurant to bar and she very playfully shoved me. Unfortunately, given that we were nearly same height and weight (tall and little heavy), I stumbled a little, since I wasn't expecting it. It was only a nanosecond or two long, but I briefly felt manhandled. (didn't feel too sexy)

Old 09-23-2018, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
Probably for the opposite reason short guys are generally a turn off for women. Asian women are generally very attractive to white men, but white woman in general are not attracted to asian men - it's got to do with height.
I see. Well I'm not going to lose sleep over it, I like being tall.

Old 09-23-2018, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by picardlx View Post
I know you didn't ask me, but I'll offer one experience.

We were walking from restaurant to bar and she very playfully shoved me. Unfortunately, given that we were nearly same height and weight (tall and little heavy), I stumbled a little, since I wasn't expecting it. It was only a nanosecond or two long, but I briefly felt manhandled. (didn't feel too sexy)
That is fair, I guess maybe that's why I generally date guys 6'0 and above to avoid this kind of thing. As a tall woman I like feeling feminine too. Though dating a shorter guy isn't that big of a deal as long as they are OK with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships