Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2018, 12:31 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gb83 View Post
Lives in a different state and they only see each other like once every 1-2 months. My point is just that he would lose interest in being my friend after finding out I was pregnant if he wanted something more/physical out of it. And he’s completely been the same for the last week
Uh-huh. Whatever you say.

Your own marriage undoubtedly will suffer when your husband moves away, which is truly sad for that baby.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2018, 10:19 PM

123 posts, read 66,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Uh-huh. Whatever you say.

Your own marriage undoubtedly will suffer when your husband moves away, which is truly sad for that baby.
Now husband is saying he’ll choose a place only 2 hours away instead of double-digits, though. I think that should work totally fine for us. And I’m independent, I have multiple work friends (not just this guy!) offering to babysit and help already.

Old 12-23-2018, 10:21 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Now husband is saying he’ll choose a place only 2 hours away instead of double-digits, though. I think that should work totally fine for us. And I’m independent, I have multiple work friends (not just this guy!) offering to babysit and help already.
The emotional distance is the real problem.

Y’all need to fix that instead of you diverting your attention to this work guy who gives you attention.

Old 12-24-2018, 03:28 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,508,945 times
Quote:
Lives in a different state and they only see each other like once every 1-2 months. My point is just that he would lose interest in being my friend after finding out I was pregnant if he wanted something more/physical out of it. And he’s completely been the same for the last week
I find this statement really naive. It doesn’t sound like either of you understand what a healthy marriage or boundaries look like. You’re already having an emotional affair, and soon you will have two absent spouses.
What a time to bring a baby into your marriage... SMH.

Old 12-24-2018, 04:16 AM

2,955 posts, read 1,413,419 times
I predict a divorce in the future.

Old 12-24-2018, 08:09 PM

I just genuinely don’t see what man would want to stay just as close of friends with me after being told I’m pregnant, and would volunteer to help w the baby (hello baggage!), If actually interested in an affair. That’s why I’m so convinced we are only friends

Old 12-24-2018, 08:40 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,723,158 times
Girl....

Please just do you. If you think everything is fine... everything is fine. Live your life and take care of your child. We don't need anymore updates or rationalizations for your choices. You need to realize you're trying so hard to prove a point to people who don't matter and ultimately won't have to deal with the results of your choices. Let that sink in.

Do you.

Old 12-25-2018, 08:43 PM

Thanks. IT may be unconventional but we just really seem to enjoy talking every day. It’s not like he hasn’t suggested we get together as a group someday when both our spouses & his son are in town.

Old 12-29-2018, 12:31 AM

181 posts, read 166,710 times
Friendship between a man and a woman will never be true friendship. It will always be adulterated (pun intended), for mating is an instinct and fighting an instinct is like blowing against the wind.

Old 12-29-2018, 10:30 PM

Well, he may send me “XOXO” when saying good night but in that same convo he mentioned hanging out with his wife. So that, in my mind, is a platonic sort of XOXO/kiss face between friends. You wouldn’t mention your wife if looking for an affair
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships