Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2018, 11:24 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,189,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Frankly, I'd be incredibly traumatized if I had sex with a guy and he never tried to contact me again. God.

My guess is, that's what the OP is feeling.

That would be very very difficult to recover from.
I often wonder, when people say stuff like this, what would happen if something actually traumatic happened.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2018, 03:01 PM

160 posts, read 85,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallouise View Post
He may be sincere, but he also closed with: "I need to focus on me and my cat".

That is, point blank, a way of saying that he does not wish to continue this relationship. This is not ambiguous. Nobody ever ends a message with "I need to focus on XYZ" without it meaning "There is no future to this relationship".

But you already decided he's too flaky to have a relationship with, right? So this should be no problem. Now at least you know for sure. You have closure, and that's great. Wish him the best if you want to, but leave it at that, and move on.
Yes, I think that’s the most important message above all. There’s no argument about that.

Old 12-07-2018, 03:08 PM

17,743 posts, read 9,192,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallouise View Post
He may be sincere, but he also closed with: "I need to focus on me and my cat".

That is, point blank, a way of saying that he does not wish to continue this relationship. This is not ambiguous. Nobody ever ends a message with "I need to focus on XYZ" without it meaning "There is no future to this relationship".
I assumed he meant "I need to focus on me and my cat [right now]".

Old 12-09-2018, 10:11 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,249,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
I often wonder, when people say stuff like this, what would happen if something actually traumatic happened.
Thissssssssss.

Like where does cancer or sudden death rank if "I made a dumb decision" is traumatizing.

Old 12-09-2018, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
Thissssssssss.

Like where does cancer or sudden death rank if "I made a dumb decision" is traumatizing.
Really??? Although English is not my first language, I can think of at least 10 words to describe devastating events like you mentioned. :roll eyes

Is “ traumatizing” the only word you know that can describe an unfortunate event?

It’s just a post about relationships. it’s not an English literature essay. Besides, I don’t think” traumatizing” was inappropriately used per its definition.

Old 12-09-2018, 12:54 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,249,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qilixiang View Post
Really??? Although English is not my first language, I can think of at least 10 words to describe devastating events like you mentioned. :roll eyes

Is “ traumatizing” the only word you know that can describe an unfortunate event?

It’s just a post about relationships. it’s not an English literature essay. Besides, I don’t think” traumatizing” was inappropriately used per its definition.
Really.

You CHOSE to sleep with someone who didn't respond as you'd like...hardly traumatizing. Hurtful? Maybe.

Old 12-09-2018, 01:07 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,347,687 times
Quote:
Really.

You CHOSE to sleep with someone who didn't respond as you'd like...hardly traumatizing. Hurtful? Maybe.
Or maybe different people handle things differently.

I do admit that I probably wouldn't use the word "traumatic" to describe something like someone not contacting me and dropping me like nothing (ignoring me when I reach out to her), but it does at least sting. And it could change a person for a while.

Now, let's not get "traumatized" over the use of the word "traumatic", okay?

It's actually how it feels to the person that uses it.

Old 12-09-2018, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Really.

To me it was... I can only speak for myself... just like how you can only speak for yourself. Cause feelings are very personal thing, no one could really symphathize with another person's feelings, so I wouldn’t pass judgement on how others may feel.

End of discussion on an adj. I used.. thanks

Old 01-13-2019, 12:40 AM

Haven’t been back on here for a while.. hope everyone is doing great..

I can’t believe I still think about this ghosted guy... after a wonderful vacation to some tropical islands and after meeting an attractive guy who would like to go out again...

I’m trying to move on.. it doesn’t hurt anymore when thinking about him.. but just the feeling unexpressed, things unsaid, and questions unanswered haunted me...

Jdone venting and keep moving on..

Old 01-13-2019, 05:08 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qilixiang View Post
You sure don’t know me.
I’m dont but I think I’m gunna guess it’s about the sex.

You have questions about what you did wrong during sex that made you now feel rejected.

This all stems to what you did wrong during sex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships