Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2018, 10:38 PM

160 posts, read 85,500 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPlorer48 View Post
No, Caucasian. A friend of mine introduced me to this concept as we love to walk the trails in the woods a short ways away. You immerse yourself in the woods and forests to enjoy the solitude. Soon, you become aware of the microcosm of life that is a part of the ecology. Very freeing and soothing. I don’t know if Americans or the English language has a comparable phrase. My best.
That sound very therapeutic... yeah some concepts just don’t have comprarable phrase in English..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2018, 10:46 PM

160 posts, read 85,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Pain does suck, but you learned something valuable. In the future, do a better job communicating. Forgive yourself; you are human and humans sometimes make mistakes. Enjoy your trip!
Thank you, it’s very kind of you to say those words to me. I really did beat myself up for not being a better communicator and mishandled the whole situation.. but I feel better now that I did reach out for communication and that’s an effort to try to correct my mistakes. It’s his choice not to communicate and I’ve done my best..

Old 12-03-2018, 12:14 AM

2,048 posts, read 2,157,062 times
I'm glad you see it as a learning experience. It's a strong possibility that you ghosted him. And he's just acting accordingly. But these are the lumps we all have to take in becoming fully grown human beings. And it's more difficult for your generation, unfortunately. In my day, there were men who wanted relationships, and men who wanted one night stands. It was easy to tell - and to signal - the difference. There was none of this in between stuff. It's very difficult to navigate.

But you're young. I remember a friend of mine, when we were both in college, ended a budding relationship because the young man, after performing oral sex on her, reached for a glass of water that was on the bedside table. And she was SO HUMILIATED because obviously it meant the experience was unpleasant for him. I sympathized with her at the time, but in retrospect, I think: maybe he was just thirsty? Maybe we made a big deal over nothing?

The pain is difficult. But it is growing pains. It gets easier. I wish you luck.

Old 12-03-2018, 12:31 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,568,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qilixiang View Post
Yes.. if I didn’t text him... I might torture myself with the thought that there might be misunderstanding... now I’ve reached out and I know for sure he just chose to ignore me.. so case closed..
I agree and I don't think you humiliated yourself.

Old 12-03-2018, 03:37 PM

52,283 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
+1.

Things I have learned in this thread:

"Incredibly traumatized" means basically NADA anymore. Plane crashes & child abuse are incredibly traumatizing- not a guy you chose to sleep with willingly.

"Closure". People need closure from a half hour "relationship" now.

Even after he didn't "call to check on me" let's text him multiple times even after he doesn't respond. Lol.

Lawd.
I had the exact same thoughts when I read the OP. I'm not so sure that the ol' pump and dump routine should shake someone to their core like that. I get that it sucks and you feel used, but we're not getting a stage 4 cancer diagnosis here people.

Old 12-03-2018, 03:41 PM

Did he really dump her though? Maybe saying it was fun felt like casual sex, thanks, see ya. But was he supposed to profess that is was a magical transforming experience and that he is deeply in love?

And then he followed up saying he had a rough day and was ignored. Maybe he felt blown off. No response to him saying it was fun = feeling hurt that she didn't respond at all, much less anything positive.

If he liked OP, he was probably like well, ok, this is rough. Ouch. Do I suck in bed? Does she just not like ME?

Old 12-03-2018, 04:29 PM

4,382 posts, read 2,281,751 times
I read it like OP noticed a noticeable shift in his tone. Like he suddenly became distant but in a subtle way. Im assuming English is not her first language? So maybe it wasnt extremely clear but I got the impression she was hurt because he "changed" just after sex. And she was "traumatized" because she didnt expect that of him.

The day he texted and said he had a hard day...well doesnt that come across like hes trying to preemptively get out of texting? Maybe before they were chatting every night for hours. Hard day or not. I dont think it was pump and dump per se but I think OPs reaction to a shift in tone was natural. I dont think all the blame against OP is warranted here.

Old 12-03-2018, 04:38 PM

She ouched him when she didn't reply to him having fun. Then he reached out again to say he had a rough day. Ouched again when he got no reply.

Old 12-03-2018, 04:39 PM

587 posts, read 423,957 times
I think it started with him taking a pic of his medication to show that he was sick and caused her to question the seriousness of their "relationship"? And then went downhill from there, but nonetheless the OP did have a charming way of updating us of her emotional roller coaster with the guy.

Old 12-03-2018, 04:41 PM

4,382 posts, read 2,281,751 times
Could be. Id like OP to explain more why "It was fun" had such a bad effect on her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships