Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2019, 09:48 AM

13,480 posts, read 8,382,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisTown123 View Post
You can't let your bad experiences impact your decision on future experiences with future men. .
You absolutely can let bad experiences dictate future actions. Learning from the past is very important.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2019, 10:13 AM

3,926 posts, read 2,035,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
You absolutely can let bad experiences dictate future actions. Learning from the past is very important.
I was responding to this:

I wasn't treated that well by men when I was younger, why should I take care of them in their old age?

You cannot just assume that other men (future dating prospects) will be like the men that treated you badly.

Old 09-03-2019, 10:21 AM

52,267 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Added sugars is a big one. Man, you'd be surprised how long the lines at the drive thrus are at fast food joints on a Fri and Sat night around here.

I remember someone saying after coming back from overseas and appearing in an American terminal and seeing signficant sums of obese people compared to other countries.

Unfortunately, OTHER countries are catching up to the states in overweight percentages as Mickey D's and BK's are opening up in Japan, UK, and other parts of the world.

Also this new "body positive' movement that encourage people to accept their gross obesity is trending, too.
Yeah, I don't wanna be mean here but the whole fat acceptance thing is kind of BS in my opinion. Yeah, a few extra pounds is one thing but if yer pushing 300 350 and if you're not 7 feet tall....that's another story.

I've got a coworker that has all kinds of theories about things and he's got a whole food industry conspiracy thing going on about why we're so fat. He might be on to something, I usually don't pay him that much attention overall.

Old 09-03-2019, 10:29 AM

26,411 posts, read 46,581,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Yeah, I don't wanna be mean here but the whole fat acceptance thing is kind of BS in my opinion. Yeah, a few extra pounds is one thing but if yer pushing 300 350 and if you're not 7 feet tall....that's another story.

I've got a coworker that has all kinds of theories about things and he's got a whole food industry conspiracy thing going on about why we're so fat. He might be on to something, I usually don't pay him that much attention overall.
Two major problems are modern wheat and high fructose corn syrup. Combine that with increased portion sizes, proliferation of fast food, processed food, and frozen food consumption in large quantities (along with lack of exercise)- you get a multi-billion dollar healthcare disaster.

Old 09-03-2019, 11:28 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,866,286 times
Yes, dating prospects do seem to be of the larger portion size.

Old 09-03-2019, 12:06 PM

4,042 posts, read 2,711,627 times
Quote:
I bet you look like someone in my area, age 60, and seriously, hard to believe it as she's kept her curvy figure. When women reach menopausal age, they lose their curves and start to have a kind of a...straight up and down" appearance, little or no curves. Some call it "the carpenters dream" , built like a 2 x 4, straight up and down on both sides.

Her, just think Helen Mirran...that's the best comparison. Hottest set of stems/gams and thighs. OF course, she mentions that health and fitness IS her profession. Thing is though, I've seen some 60+ women into fitness that still don't have curves and can still be described as in the aforementioned. So I'm guessing she just won the genetic lottery.

She has on her age range , will date age range 30 to 60, she's 60, and won't date older than her own age. She has chosen the younger end of that spectrum.
Are you insane?? Just stop it already as this is absolutely NOT true. At all.

Old 09-03-2019, 12:07 PM

4,042 posts, read 2,711,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Everywhere I turn I see overweight people. I wonder how we got so fat as a nation. I remember growing up in the 80s and it was rare to see fat kids. Fat kids are all over the place now. It was just a couple of kids growing up that were on the chunky side, now, jeez.

I only started packing on weight in my 30's I was always normal for the most part. I just turned 50 a few days ago and I'd hate to be on the dating market. I always liked women with a few extra pounds. Not sure how many ladies are ok with a few extra on a guy. Assuming he was trying to be more active and watch the diet.
I have absolutely NO issue with that at all.

Old 09-03-2019, 12:32 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times
Quote:
When women reach menopausal age, they lose their curves and start to have a kind of a...straight up and down" appearance, little or no curves.

just think Helen Mirren...that's the best comparison. Hottest set of stems/gams and thighs.
Women and men who are on hormone replacement are less moody and depressed, generally healthier and tend to keep their figure and sex drive. Lack of hormones makes older men and women morph into a unisex beach ball appearance. Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee.

Helen Mirren has horrible legs, by the way. Just like Hillary Clinton. My mother called them piano legs.

Old 09-03-2019, 12:41 PM

21,933 posts, read 9,503,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kygman View Post
When I met my wife she was 5'1' and 180. The problem with the weight is medication she's on. She has a problem where her body doesn't produce adrenaline so she's been on steroids and other meds for almost 40 years. I wasn't, and still aren't, exactly Twiggy's twin brother. When we met I was 5'7" and 275. But I don't judge people on how they look. I look at the person in the body. Always have. My wife said she's been that way too. Was chatting to a lady on a local online personal's page and told her my weight. She said I was too big for her "requirements" (her wording). My wife said she would have liked to have sent her a note and told her thanks for turning me down and she doesn't realize what she turned down. Made me smile!
You are married but looking for women online dating sites?

Old 09-03-2019, 12:45 PM

48,531 posts, read 34,851,331 times
I've been pre menopausal since 35, so I'm guessing I'm full fledged now at 52.

And no, I'm not a beach ball. I'm 5'5 and just shy of 120lbs. Is it harder to maintain weight now, sure, but you work with what ya got.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships