Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2018, 06:13 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
One thing that is sad with older men is when body type is marked as 'average' and they're very obviously pot bellied and 30 to 40 lbs overweight. The sad part is they may consider that the average now and that it might be.

This is a person thing, not an older man thing. I see it plenty with women, including younger women. The thing is, it is probably correct since the average person is overweight.

What's more creepy is when I run into a woman that's skinny fat. That's just icky.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2018, 06:14 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,348,858 times
This thread seems to be yet another example of why we can't have nice things.

Old 12-31-2018, 06:39 AM

3,926 posts, read 2,036,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
This is a person thing, not an older man thing. I see it plenty with women, including younger women. The thing is, it is probably correct since the average person is overweight.

What's more creepy is when I run into a woman that's skinny fat. That's just icky.
What is "skinny fat"? Sounds like an oxymoron lol

Old 12-31-2018, 07:04 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisTown123 View Post
What is "skinny fat"? Sounds like an oxymoron lol

It is not an oxymoron and easy enough to look up. Sleeping with skinny fat people is just icky, to me anyway.

Old 12-31-2018, 07:59 AM

3,926 posts, read 2,036,561 times
Quote:
It is not an oxymoron and easy enough to look up. Sleeping with skinny fat people is just icky, to me anyway.
Oh okay, looked it up. I honestly wouldn't have a problem with it. I think I dated such a woman, but she looked pretty good in a bikini. She was very slender, didn't care if she didn't have muscle ton. I guess some women can pull it off.

Old 12-31-2018, 11:24 AM

2,209 posts, read 2,318,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
MOST women would prefer a man around their own age. If we do have an older partner the compensation will be access to a greater amount of resources ($$$) than men our own age as a trade off. A 28 year old woman has very little in common with a 46 year old man. The ONLY advantage that a 46 year old man has over a 28 year old man is more resources....that's all. I don't understand why older men continue to delude themselves that they have an advantage over younger men when it comes to younger women.
Again with the generalizations. You don’t represent any demographic or gender. You can’t possibly know that most older men delude themselves or that most younger women prefer a specific type of mate or partner. And not all younger women are sexy and beautiful and hot and therefore constantly having to beat the perverted old guys off with a baseball bat. Some older women are more attractive than some younger women. And some older men are more attractive than some younger men. Youth is not automatically synonymous with hotness. And as far as advantages/disadvantages that a particular person has — I think that’s pretty subjective and open to interpretation and subject to individual taste.

Old 12-31-2018, 12:29 PM

574 posts, read 377,129 times
Being an older man, I am feeling a bit of being bashed here. But I also understand exactly why. Imagine you are in a rest home and great grandma (30 years older than you) smacks you on the rear with her cane and says "how about it mister"? How are you going to feel? I am thinking maybe yukked out or even somehow violated.

Why would you think it would be different for younger women. Unless you just stepped off your private plane and are walking to a limo, she is going to feel the same. She is not thinking "oooooh". Its more like "eeuwwoo". Its just creepy.

If you really want a younger woman than maybe try some countries in the western Pacific. It is more common for women to marry older men. But plan on supporting her family also. Its a cultural thing. Family first.

As far as over estimating ones appearance? I am pretty sure nobody is going to describe me as hot and sexy. If they do they likely need therapy. Both sexes overestimate their appearance and desirability. And both sexes underestimate their weight as compared to others. And then wonder why people don't see the wonderful person they are on the inside. Maybe there should be more categories as to body type/shape?

Old 12-31-2018, 01:03 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,584,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
It's official.

I have heard it all now.
I went out with a guy when I was in my upper twenties who was astounded that I drank beer, of all things.

He remarked on it multiple times. "A woman who drinks beer...wow." It wasn't a *bad* thing in his eyes, per se, unlike the other poster's assessment of a fried food orderer...it was more that it was some kind of unexpected curiosity, in his eyes...maybe even that I was like some kind of unicorn to him. Weird thing was, he was in the military, as well. In my head, I was like, "Dude, there is zero chance you have not had exposure to female beer drinkers." But, yet, there was this incredulity. Evidently, it was an aspect of some kind of alternative femininity that had for some reason blown his mind.

People have weird things.

Old 12-31-2018, 01:08 PM

2,912 posts, read 2,444,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
One thing that is sad with older men is when body type is marked as 'average' and they're very obviously pot bellied and 30 to 40 lbs overweight. The sad part is they may consider that the average now and that it might be.
I recently read the average weight for men is 195.7 lbs, 5’9” with a waist circumference of 40 inches so it could very well be. For women it’s 168.5 lbs, 5’4”with waist of 38 inches. This is one of those rare occasions where I prefer to be below average.

Old 12-31-2018, 01:12 PM

2,912 posts, read 2,444,160 times
Quote:

Yes, I see it with both men and women of all ages. Definitely not only older men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships