Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2019, 05:20 PM

12,059 posts, read 13,883,836 times

Advertisements

This is weight loss from a relationship standpoint.

I am 6'0". I was 164 lbs when I got married to my second ex-wife, I would work out everyday for 2 hours. I kind of let things go a little with her because she actually preferred a belly, don't ask me why but I presume she thought it would make it less likely for me to cheat. So I went up to 180, which is barely at the threshold of what they recommend.

After the divorce I was going through a lot, including a special needs child that only ate pizza and junk food and would refuse any healthy food and so I just ate what he ate. Here's the course of my journal. There are revelations here but I'm not going to comment on them, just tell the truth. All I can say is that a guy's weight matters a lot and more than for women I believe.

Jan 2016. I was probably around 200 lbs around here, this was the last time I got laid for 2+ years.

During this time I wasn't working out and was dealing with a lot of issues with my special needs son, including poor grades, him running away from school, and his continued picky eating. I ballooned to 210 by year's end.

During 2017 I went up to around 220. Women were not interested after the first date, they just wanted to be "friends" and said I was nice to be polite. In grocery stores people would say "stop blocking the aisles" and stuff when I was getting food. When I'd go into a bar I could hear the women say "I couldn't do a guy with that belly unless I was really drunk." At a frozen daiquiri place I was trying various flavors and one woman said I was a "slob" because I was trying a few flavors.

As a New Year's resolution I started exercising 3 miles a day starting in 2018. I went down from 220 to 203 by about October. Here's the various dates and "improvements" with women.

~April 2018: 215 lbs, dates go horribly, confidence all time low
~July 2018: Bought a slimming body shaper vest shirt. It compresses the stomach area. Immediately after that, I noticed more attention. Also gave me confidence so that was a big boost.
~August 2018: 208 lbs, women would ask to perform various activities on me (uh-mm), first dates to 3rd base from online dating. Got laid again. Hard to believe the "sweet spot" is around 210 I think. Above that and you're doomed (for my height), below and good times can be had.
~October 2018: At this time I signed up for a personal trainer. Started dieting along with personal sessions.
~November 2018: 203 lbs, women flirting nonstop at bar, all hugs/kisses
~December 2018: 198 lbs, women kissing me at a bar, sex on first dates
~early January 2019: 195 lbs, in grocery store people not saying a word if I take up the whole aisle and when I apologize they say "take as much time as you'd like and smile", maybe they were checking me out. At a bar, a woman mentions her breast implants to me and asks me to "check them out" which I do in plain sight of the bar. Another woman comes over and says she had a breast lift (she overheard the other woman) and wants me to do the same. I basically felt them up in the middle of the bar and others clapped saying I was a stud.
~ mid/late January 2019: 190 lbs: Gays start hitting on me (yikes maybe I need to gain some weight lol), women break up with men in the bar and then come over to me. Women say "I'll do anything you want me to do at all times". Women that used to ignore me now come by to talk and say they "miss me". The power dynamics have totally changed. Okay, now we're talking!

My goal is to at least get back down to 180 lbs, maybe 175 or 170. The attention at that weight or below would probably be a bit much so I may stop there.

It really is that easy guys, just work out and lose weight. You'll have so much you won't know what to do with it. Your weight is inversely proportional to your desirability. Lose it and get more! (and women say men are superficial but this diary is cold hard facts about what attracts women...)

As a side note, while I was "larger" I learned better game since I didn't have the desired weight but I still have that game and wow, it's working wonderfully. I feel like a beast now, an unstoppable beast!

Last edited by cBach; 01-27-2019 at 05:36 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2019, 05:27 PM

2,483 posts, read 2,473,538 times
(Throws out unfinished 1/2 of 20 Piece McNuggets Meal)

Old 01-27-2019, 06:20 PM

2,258 posts, read 1,136,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picardlx View Post
(Throws out unfinished 1/2 of 20 Piece McNuggets Meal)
That just made me laugh out loud.

Old 01-27-2019, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
That just made me laugh out loud.
Me too!

Old 01-27-2019, 06:24 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,914,733 times
That's fine and all, but you were still getting some at 208 so I don't really see what the point is here.

Old 01-27-2019, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
That's fine and all, but you were still getting some at 208 so I don't really see what the point is here.
The point is that I believe weight is all that matters for men getting women. Women don't really care what a guy's face looks like just his gut. It's a sliding scale. At 208 I got some but not nearly as much as 190. By 220 you can't get any.

I'm hoping this serves as motivation for some guys to hit the gym and realize that weight loss is all that matters, assuming you have some kind of game.

Old 01-27-2019, 06:29 PM

11,157 posts, read 13,997,713 times
How old are you, OP?

Old 01-27-2019, 06:30 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,914,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cBach View Post
The point is that I believe weight is all that matters for men getting women. Women don't really care what a guy's face looks like just his gut. It's a sliding scale. At 208 I got some but not nearly as much as 190. By 220 you can't get any.

I'm hoping this serves as motivation for some guys to hit the gym and realize that weight loss is all that matters, assuming you have some kind of game.
I guess? I mean, the same concept applies to women. It's why we have the term "butterface."

In general, people are more attractive when they're in good shape.

BTW, what ever happened with the swingers?

Old 01-27-2019, 06:35 PM

As a side note, as I got slimmer, women would start giving me tips. One woman said I had hair around my ears and if I got more frequent haircuts (I usually go once a month, now I go twice) women would be all over me. Another woman commented on what I should do with my facial hair. In the past I would hate to listen to this feedback but I started doing whatever was recommended and got luckier and luckier with the advice. I even got a tattoo that I had been thinking about getting, so many women have tats now so you kind of have to have one or you will lose those women that have them. You need an "edge" so to speak.

Old 01-27-2019, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
How old are you, OP?
mid 40's, twice divorced
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships