Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2019, 06:08 PM

32 posts, read 19,980 times

Advertisements

Hi all,
I unexpectedly met someone when I was doing internship 4 years before. I always had a friendly feeling only for him. He is 2 years younger than me. But he loved me all these years with all my negatives. He is asking whether to work out the relationship or not. I don't know what to do. I have never thought about him that way. Am not ready for marriage also because am waiting for my best friend to come back but this person doesn't like my best friend. And I want to marry someone who will accept my friends. Because of the age difference also I don't feel it right to accept his proposal. I don't think my family will also accept.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2019, 12:18 AM

6,868 posts, read 4,870,251 times
The age difference isn't much, but unless you love this person why would you accept their proposal? You certainly don't seem enthused about him in any way.

Old 02-04-2019, 03:50 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,955,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neerja123 View Post
Hi all,
I unexpectedly met someone when I was doing internship 4 years before. I always had a friendly feeling only for him. He is 2 years younger than me. But he loved me all these years with all my negatives. He is asking whether to work out the relationship or not. I don't know what to do. I have never thought about him that way. Am not ready for marriage also because am waiting for my best friend to come back but this person doesn't like my best friend. And I want to marry someone who will accept my friends. Because of the age difference also I don't feel it right to accept his proposal. I don't think my family will also accept.
Don’t settle.

Old 02-04-2019, 06:47 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,284,780 times
doesn't sound like you're at all thrilled from his attentions...you got lots of excuses for why he's not what you want...nothing wrong with that though...doesn't sound like you've "found the one" to me.

Old 02-04-2019, 07:48 AM

12,776 posts, read 14,987,827 times
A 2-year difference is nothing whether it's the man or woman.

Will going on at least a couple actual dates hurt? I don't see why not. Other than him not liking your friend, he's an overall good person, right? Shares your morals, values, beliefs, you like doing at least some of the same things, have some things in common?

I wouldn't make him not liking your friend be any deal-breaker. Sure it would be nice if they got along, but you do what YOU want & just spend time w/ them separately. I'm not one for hanging out like we're the "3 Musketeers" anyway.

Old 02-04-2019, 07:51 AM

880 posts, read 532,177 times
You don't love him....there's your answer

Old 02-04-2019, 10:24 PM

1 posts, read 479 times
It seems that you don't have any special feeling for him. If you think that this will not work out properly please let him know. Don't let him build dreams of you.

Old 02-04-2019, 10:29 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,584,768 times
Are you in an arranged marriage culture?

I ask, both because of the content about your parents not approving, and because you seem not especially fazed by not feeling romantic feelings toward this person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships