Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2019, 09:09 PM

421 posts, read 238,518 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley-88888888 View Post
reply #86 is when you make it clear he propositioned a date at his house on the first date a year ago. and stopped talking to you when you refused.
Wasn't quite that harsh. We had a great first date. It was after the first date sometime in the days that followed in the bombardment of texts he asked and I said let's have the 2nd before planning the third. He cancelled on me the morning of the 2nd date. And that was that, until now.
Since I don't initiate texts without a special occasion, I didn't reach out either.

Last edited by Idkeither; 07-20-2019 at 10:37 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2019, 06:16 AM

6,639 posts, read 4,590,156 times
^ so it wasnt presented to you as an ultimatum (still weird) ?
why would the topic of planning the third date come up before planning a second date ?

also, you saying he didnt text enuff so you guys lost contact since you have a rule that females arent allowed to initiate texts. but you describe it as hes overwhelming you with a barrage of texts eventhough you told him you dont like texting ?

if i was dating someone and i had to always be the assertive one and had to reach out to contact her, ask for dates, set up reservations, book seats for concert tickets, look up moo-vee showtimes, ... and she puts in the none of the work, i would conclude she does not want to be my girlfriend.

if he stood you up without a rain-check, you probably shouldnt be dealing with him anymore ?

Last edited by stanley-88888888; 07-21-2019 at 06:39 AM..

Old 07-21-2019, 07:49 AM

I typed out this long explanation. But it doesn't need to be here. This guy's not interested enough in me so it's on to the next.

Thank you for your comments.

Last edited by Idkeither; 07-21-2019 at 09:01 AM.. Reason: Attempt to make less confusing

Old 07-21-2019, 11:54 AM

13,480 posts, read 8,413,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifty Seven View Post
I'm sorry to hear it. That's a crappy man. He was there doing it with you and had no room to judge. I've always taken it as a compliment when a woman was willing to do that with me, not a sign of low character. When they turned out to be women of low character I would find that out later.
I've also had a man hold it against me that I "pursued" him in the early stages of dating. He said "you chased me". After that I never, ever asked men out again. But I hear men say, all the time, that they want women to ask them on dates and make the first move.

Old 07-21-2019, 12:04 PM

2,483 posts, read 2,481,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
I've also had a man hold it against me that I "pursued" him in the early stages of dating. He said "you chased me". After that I never, ever asked men out again. But I hear men say, all the time, that they want women to ask them on dates and make the first move.
That's him. Don't project his preferences on everyone else who just happens to share his gender.

Old 07-21-2019, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by picardlx View Post
That's him. Don't project his preferences on everyone else who just happens to share his gender.
It's not just his gender, it's our society. There are still double standards.

Old 07-21-2019, 01:14 PM

Quote:
"You chased me" is a loser man's way of not taking responsibility. He was playing the victim. It's a blessing he held it against you and went no further.

Old 07-21-2019, 01:45 PM

102,256 posts, read 108,215,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idkeither View Post
I typed out this long explanation. But it doesn't need to be here. This guy's not interested enough in me so it's on to the next.

Thank you for your comments.
I think this is for the best, considering that you say you get attached to people after sex, and it does seem he's only in it for that. It also seems like he's kind of stuck on himself, thinking that his mere looks will open ... um... doors. Also, the thing about asking you how high a heel you could wear was just weird. He doesn't seem to be into you for your personality, OP; I"ll put it that way.

Old 07-21-2019, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idkeither View Post
"You chased me" is a loser man's way of not taking responsibility. He was playing the victim. It's a blessing he held it against you and went no further.
Yes, you're right. He was a loser. I'm glad he's out of my life. I found out years later that he married a psychiatrist. That makes sense to me. I think that is the only person who would have been able to understand his complex emotional issues.

Old 07-21-2019, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Yes, you're right. He was a loser. I'm glad he's out of my life. I found out years later that he married a psychiatrist. That makes sense to me. I think that is the only person who would have been able to understand his complex emotional issues.
Plus most psychiatrists are crazy themselves, that's why they choose that career!

Yep, you dodged a bullet for sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships