Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2019, 04:15 PM

8,446 posts, read 4,773,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idkeither View Post
Men are the pursues. I want to see a man interested in me and not just for sex. Men have a lower standard in most cases than women for who they will have sex with. I want to make sure he is interested in me and not just for sex. Part of demonstrating that is him pursuing. Granted, that is only part as men will pursue and date to have sex so you have to pay attention to what they say and do on dates and between dates.

As a woman, if I want a relationship, which I do, I have to show the man I'm a quality woman. The old fashioned idea of women control weather or not there will be sex and men control weather or not there will be relationship is very true.

Being a female pursuer years ago for many years did not work. I got used, for sex and also chosen for relationships for things traditionally male- having finances in order for example. This was not what I wanted.

If a man really wants you, he will pursue you. If you want me, show me. I'll show you I want you by being responsive, going on dates and being affectionate and a good listener- a friend to you while we are getting to know each other.
It's funny how nobody seems to question these gender expectations on this forum when it is a woman expressing them but when male posters try to point out the exact same things they get absolutely pilloried for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2019, 04:24 PM

36 posts, read 14,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifty Seven View Post
It's funny how nobody seems to question these gender expectations on this forum when it is a woman expressing them but when male posters try to point out the exact same things they get absolutely pilloried for it.
Couldn’t agree more.

Old 07-20-2019, 05:17 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,434,568 times
I agree with with Idkeither as far as wanting the man to be the pursuer, at least in the initial stages of dating.

If a man wants me to pursue him (call him, ask him on dates, send him flowers, etc) then he's probably not the right person for me. That type of man who wants women to ask them out, is not masculine enough for me. He would be happier with a different type of woman.

Old 07-20-2019, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADogNamedSam View Post
Question: "How can you know someone's intentions?"

His intention was sex on the third date.
That's too early.

He would have to be a really fabulous person, well above average, for me to even consider it on the 3rd date. Nice dresser, good looking, great personality, common interests, sexual charisma.

Old 07-20-2019, 05:32 PM

1,125 posts, read 893,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idkeither View Post
I suppose I could ask what he hopes to see happen between us since he is moving away. . .I am interested enough in getting to know him to learn if he has good character.
Let him move.

Old 07-20-2019, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
That's too early.

He would have to be a really fabulous person, well above average, for me to even consider it on the 3rd date. Nice dresser, good looking, great personality, common interests, sexual charisma.
In my opinion if it's going to be a healthy, equitable and successful long term relationship they should both be looking to have sex by the third date, if not the first.

Old 07-20-2019, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifty Seven View Post
In my opinion if it's going to be a healthy, equitable and successful long term relationship they should both be looking to have sex by the third date, if not the first.
Just your opinion.

And having sex early on doesn't make a relationship "equitable". I see no reason to share my body with someone I don't know that well. I don't care how horny the man is or how sexually frustrated he might feel early on.

Old 07-20-2019, 05:44 PM

8,924 posts, read 7,751,980 times
Quote:
Just your opinion.

And having sex early on doesn't make a relationship "equitable". I see no reason to share my body with someone I don't know that well. I don't care how horny the man is or how sexually frustrated he might feel early on.
Same can be said about your "opinion" that men should always be the pursuer in the beginning stages of dating.

Old 07-20-2019, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
Same can be said about your "opinion" that men should always be the pursuer in the beginning stages of dating.
Whatever.

Men who expect sex on the first date are scary to me.

Old 07-20-2019, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Just your opinion.

It's not the sex itself that makes things equitable, it's the mutual "I can't keep my hands off of you even though I know I should at this point" aspect of it. If we're acknowledging different gender tendencies here, then men are going to feel that way about most even moderately attractive women that they date, while women are only going to feel that way about a select few men in their lives(I believe you even implied as much in your own post). If the man a woman ends up with long term is not among that select group of men there's going to be an inequitable sexual dynamic to the relationship that will not be healthy in the long term.

I am of course speaking in generalities that specific anecdotes may run contrary to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships