Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2019, 12:57 PM

69 posts, read 41,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You've already blown up her phone twice, and bombarded her with emotional confessionals, laying your heart bare, and so forth. "No" means no. Most parents near your age, of teenagers give their kids the advice "S/he's not the only fish in the sea". Good advice. You're behaving like a teenager. Accept reality and move on.
Is it wrong to lay my heart bare? At least so I do not make that same mistake in the future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2019, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
I agree. A 17 year age difference may not be a problem if one person is 30 and the other 47, because you are both mature, working adults with a life history who have finished your education. IMHO, a 35 year old dating a young woman just out of high school is just creepy.

Just think, last year she was still in high school senior and you were 34. Would you want your daughters in high school dating men in their 30s? And, don't say that she is "mature beyond her years", she is a college freshman. Sheesh! Grow up!
My oldest daughter is 14, so I understand your point. This girl is mature though. I guess it just wasn't meant to be? It hurts a lot though, almost as much as when I divorced my ex-wife if not the same.

Old 07-27-2019, 01:02 PM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by socal225 View Post
Is it wrong to lay my heart bare? At least so I do not make that same mistake in the future.
The biggest lesson learned should be what one and shouldn't and shouldn't do on social media sites.

Old 07-27-2019, 01:03 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
OK, people, this is why this OP sounds so familiar. Just two years ago, he was after another college-aged classmate, desperate for our advice.

See, OP? In just two years, you found another "prospect", after succeeding in exchanging "oral" favors with the first one, no less. And despite the fact that no individual will ever be like another. Keep moving, and consider making it in the direction away from the kiddie pool.

//www.city-data.com/forum/relat...l#post50548157

Old 07-27-2019, 01:07 PM

14,249 posts, read 14,740,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reebo View Post
Leave her alone.

You’re at two very different stages of life. Your primary concern should be your children and your education / job. She has too much life to live before getting tangled up with someone twice her age with two kids.

And, ick, don’t refer to a woman you’re dating as a “good girl.”
I agree. Time for you to grow up.

Old 07-27-2019, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
OK, people, this is why this OP sounds so familiar. Just two years ago, he was after another college-aged classmate, desperate for our advice.

See, OP? In just two years, you found another "prospect", one with whom you were able to exchange "oral" favors, no less. Despite the fact that no individual will ever be like another. Keep moving, and consider making it away from the direction of the kiddie pool.

//www.city-data.com/forum/relat...l#post50548157
This one hurts so much though, and she has amazing qualities. I feel so much despair, and what hurts the most is that something so insignificant can cause so much pain. I mean if this one girl I took the picture knew the destruction her picture has caused (my fault for taking the pic, not hers of course). Quite frankly she doesn't even know I exist....it's almost unfathomable.

Old 07-27-2019, 01:17 PM

Any thoughts on sending her the flowers?

Old 07-27-2019, 01:23 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Any thoughts on sending her the flowers?
NO

DO NOT.

This is embarrassing. Are you not finished with your community college yet? I’m 2017 I posted in that thread about the other “amazing” classmate you dated there, and the same advice applies.I’m beginning to think you’re just majoring in co-Ed’s. The problem is they appear to be more mature than you are.

You’ve already explained yourself. She isn’t buying it. Leave her alone and finish your classes already.

Old 07-27-2019, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
NO

DO NOT.

This is embarrassing. Are you not finished with your community college yet? I’m 2017 I posted in that thread about the other “amazing” classmate you dated there, and the same advice applies.I’m beginning to think you’re just majoring in co-Ed’s. The problem is they appear to be more mature than you are.

You’ve already explained yourself. She isn’t buying it. Leave her alone and finish your classes already.
No, because I am majoring in a STEM field (engineering) which means I have to take a bunch of high-level math and science and cannot be taken in conjunction. Well, she sais that she thinks we are on different pages, but she also said she likes me a lot and that she thought of something serious with us but she is hurt. She did nit outright say leave me alone, just that we are "better off as friends."

Old 07-27-2019, 01:28 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,153,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
I agree. A 17 year age difference may not be a problem if one person is 30 and the other 47, (or one person 60 and the other 77 -think about that) because you are both mature, working adults with a life history who have finished your education. IMHO, a 35 year old dating a young woman just out of high school is just creepy.

Just think, last year she was still a high school senior and you were 34. If you had met her then would you have asked her to her high school prom?

Would you want your daughters in high school dating men in their 30s? And, don't say that she is "mature beyond her years", she is a college freshman. Sheesh! Grow up and date women closer to your age.
Quote:
My oldest daughter is 14, so I understand your point. This girl is mature though. I guess it just wasn't meant to be? It hurts a lot though, almost as much as when I divorced my ex-wife if not the same.
Your 14 year old daughter has probably started dating, or if she hasn't will start very soon. Picture your daughter dating a 31 year old man. A 17 year age gap sounds pretty disturbing doesn't it.

Heck, picture your 14 year old dating someone just ten years older, a college graduate with several years of experience working and living on his own. Pretty scary isn't it.

I knew that you would say that your teenage girlfriend was an exception because she is "mature". I bet your daughter thinks that she is mature for her age, too. Let's see who she brings home to meet daddy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships