Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2019, 07:26 AM

10,502 posts, read 7,043,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay100 View Post
Yes seems that way but she's difficult to figure out. She did run her fingers through my hair a couple of times. I have a feeling she just does not have the nerve to ask me out on a date. I won't ask her out until she stops playing it cool.

Here's a concept. She's playing it cool because you haven't asked her out. She thinks you're rejecting her. I mean, if she's climbing on your lap, constantly touching you, and running her fingers through your hair, those are pretty strong buy signals.

How hard is it to simply say, "Hey, want to grab dinner?" and leave it at that. Maybe that 'boyfriend' she has is the boyfriend du jour or even fictitious one to ward off more aggressive guys. Wouldn't be the first time that happened.

Old 08-17-2019, 10:36 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
How hard would it be for the woman to simply to dude say she wants to have dinner with him? She’s shown she is as subtle as a gunshot, what would she lose by verbalizing she wants to go out?

Old 08-17-2019, 10:55 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
How hard would it be for the woman to simply to dude say she wants to have dinner with him? She’s shown she is as subtle as a gunshot, what would she lose by verbalizing she wants to go out?
Exactly.

If she wanted to, she would. That's why I think she's just playing.

I don't think she's gonna become Part-time Girlfriend #4 any time soon.

Old 08-17-2019, 02:36 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,867,792 times
Mod cut: Quoted post deleted.

He can’t claim that the reason they aren’t going to go on a date is because she didn’t ask him, maybe she doesn’t want to go out on a date with him? He only knows if he wants to.

Yes, some women act like that (a few?) the reason they aren’t asking him out on a date is because it’s safe to assume they don’t want to. I have to imagine it would take an awful lotta nerve to act like that— sitting on someone’s lap and touching their hair, it seems like that would translate into enough nerve to ask a guy out IF she really wanted to. She’s not here ruminating about it though, she seems like more of a do’er.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 08-18-2019 at 12:13 AM..

Old 08-17-2019, 10:27 PM

3,393 posts, read 5,280,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
Here's a concept. She's playing it cool because you haven't asked her out. She thinks you're rejecting her. I mean, if she's climbing on your lap, constantly touching you, and running her fingers through your hair, those are pretty strong buy signals.
How hard is it to simply say, "Hey, want to grab dinner?" and leave it at that. Maybe that 'boyfriend' she has is the boyfriend du jour or even fictitious one to ward off more aggressive guys. Wouldn't be the first time that happened.

Mod cut.. I have not asked her out because I do have other girlfriends and like I said she plays it too cool. So I never bothered and just teased her. It just dawned on me that maybe there's something to it.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 08-18-2019 at 12:14 AM.. Reason: Rude, off-topic comment.

Old 08-17-2019, 10:36 PM

3,393 posts, read 5,280,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
He can’t claim that the reason they aren’t going to go on a date is because she didn’t ask him, maybe she doesn’t want to go out on a date with him? He only knows if he wants to.

Yes, some women act like that (a few?) the reason they aren’t asking him out on a date is because it’s safe to assume they don’t want to. I have to imagine it would take an awful lotta nerve to act like that— sitting on someone’s lap and touching their hair, it seems like that would translate into enough nerve to ask a guy out IF she really wanted to. She’s not here ruminating about it though, she seems like more of a do’er.

She's from a different generation than you. It isn't customary or lady-like for her to ask a man on a date.

Some of you seem upset/jealous,envious (possibly man hating) but, I don't have a reason to lie. It's just not something I have time to do.

Old 08-17-2019, 10:41 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
She's from a different generation than you. It isn't customary or lady-like for her to ask a man on a date.

Some of you seem upset/jealous,envious (possibly man hating) but, I don't have a reason to lie. It's just not something I have time to do.
Why would anyone here be jealous of someone they don’t know? Besides, I have a man.

You don’t have time to ask her out but you have time to juggle several girlfriends and let a senior club member sit on your lap and play with your hair multiple times?

If anyone sounds skeptical it’s just because this scenario doesn’t seem ... plausible .

Old 08-17-2019, 11:10 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,345,504 times
Quote:
I'm not a total stranger to her.

She has put her arm around me too a few times. If you can believe that???
If I were single, and a woman did that to me in a hot tub (rub my hair, sit on my lap) you would never see me on any forum asking questions like “what is she doing/thinking?” Lol.

It would be “game over” ����

You’re like every dude that struggles with dating (no confidence).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships