Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2019, 08:13 PM

3,393 posts, read 5,284,577 times

Advertisements

There is this very attractive mature woman at my health club that I do not understand. I see her maybe 2 or 3x per week in the pool area and we know each other casually. Sometimes she will sit very close to me in the hot tub--a few times she has even sat on my lap but most times she will just hang out very close to me. Usually, we only say hi and bi to each other but we have had deeper discussions before (we've talked about our families, relationships, and personal stuff). Other times, however, she will just be very cool toward me and chat with other people. Whenever I walk by, she will usually check me out--I've also caught her checking me out but, I hate to embarrass her, so I just act like I do not notice. She also parks her car near mine. She says she has a boyfriend--that I've never seen. I have several part time girlfriends (to be honest).

My question is, what could she be thinking?

Old 08-14-2019, 08:28 PM

49,927 posts, read 60,030,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay100 View Post
There is this very attractive mature woman at my health club that I do not understand. I see her maybe 2 or 3x per week in the pool area and we know each other casually. Sometimes she will sit very close to me in the hot tub--a few times she has even sat on my lap but most times she will just hang out very close to me. Usually, we only say hi and bi to each other but we have had deeper discussions before (we've talked about our families, relationships, and personal stuff). Other times, however, she will just be very cool toward me and chat with other people. Whenever I walk by, she will usually check me out--I've also caught her checking me out but, I hate to embarrass her, so I just act like I do not notice. She also parks her car near mine. She says she has a boyfriend--that I've never seen. I have several part time girlfriends (to be honest).

My question is, what could she be thinking?
You're a fun person to flirt with at the club. That's all.

She sat on your lap? For an extended period of time, intentionally??

Old 08-14-2019, 08:32 PM

1,153 posts, read 568,749 times
She's sat on your lap in a hot tub (that is bold lol) I'd say she is wanting something to happen with you, either that or she's leading you on for fun.

What's a part time girlfriend. Are you poly?

Old 08-14-2019, 09:37 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,367,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post

A few times, too, to a total stranger, Lol. I find it hard to believe

Old 08-14-2019, 10:07 PM

2,163 posts, read 1,553,518 times
I'll take 'A Fun Way To Pass Time At The Gym' for $500, Alex.

Old 08-14-2019, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post

I don't know if she did that intentionally or not. She does not jump on my laps. It's more subtle. She has done it several times.

Old 08-14-2019, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly1983 View Post
She's sat on your lap in a hot tub (that is bold lol) I'd say she is wanting something to happen with you, either that or she's leading you on for fun.

What's a part time girlfriend. Are you poly?

It's not like that. It's more subtle.

My girlfriends do not know about each other.

Old 08-14-2019, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
A few times, too, to a total stranger, Lol. I find it hard to believe

I'm not a total stranger to her.

She has put her arm around me too a few times. If you can believe that???

Old 08-14-2019, 10:54 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,460,993 times
Maybe I'm an anomaly, but in my case, the only man whose lap I'd sit in while hot tubbing is the one who already knows me in a biblical sense.

If she did that I'd take it as a very strong move indicating her sexual interest in you. You mentioned her being a mature woman - what age range do you place her in?

Old 08-15-2019, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Maybe I'm an anomaly, but in my case, the only man whose lap I'd sit in while hot tubbing is the one who already knows me in a biblical sense.

If she did that I'd take it as a very strong move indicating her sexual interest in you. You mentioned her being a mature woman - what age range do you place her in?

Yes seems that way but she's difficult to figure out. She did run her fingers through my hair a couple of times. I have a feeling she just does not have the nerve to ask me out on a date. I won't ask her out until she stops playing it cool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships