Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2019, 07:06 AM

12,059 posts, read 13,893,961 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screenwriter70 View Post
OP, I've seen Asian male/White female couples in NC but the Latinas stick with their own, or Black men.
Hmm here in Texas Latinas are to be seen with whites mostly and some blacks. Very few Asian male/white female but there are some.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2019, 07:09 AM

12,059 posts, read 13,893,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
Like her?

I bet she's had a hard life.

Seriously though I think the most beautiful people in the world are mixed with Asian.
I agree, my ex gf was half Asian and looked like this. Most beautiful woman I dated, too bad her attitude sucked.

Old 09-19-2019, 11:00 AM

464 posts, read 314,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Range View Post
I've never been in a relationship, I'm 21, asian american male, situated in the south at the moment. Predominantly white area. I was pretty sheltered growing up so I didn't get to date in high school, I just started getting my hands dirty in the dating scene over 2 years ago. I haven't had any luck really.

There's not really a lot of asians in the area, and asian women really aren't my #1 preference(I'm more attracted to caucasian or hispanic women). Am I asking for too much? Are interracial relationships really not as common as I think?

I have tried to present myself better. I dress nice, nothing fancy, nothing crazy, just the casual look. I have good income, I have a house, 2 luxury cars(brought them because I'm a car person, not because I think they attract women), I'm not ugly but I'm no male model either, I'm not overweight, I'm not aiming for models either. Just average looking women. Everything checks the boxes in my eyes.

What am I doing wrong? Seems like I'll meet genuinely nice women, get to know them, build rapport, then they flake or turns out they only date within their race. Could it just be the area that I'm in? Would I have better luck in a big city like LA, Dallas, NYC?
Regarding your question and as it pertains to you, I would say that interracial relationships are quite common. Check these out:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=amwf
https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/amwf/?hl=en

Old 09-19-2019, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
As a lighter skinned BW, I've witnessed this on both sides. It's quite disheartening that I have run across so many men of my race that have the bolded mindset. And don't get me wrong, some of the sisters do too. But by and large BW aren't as loud as the men are when it comes to racial preference. I personally prefer men of my own race, but I have absolutely NOTHING against other races of men. I think it's natural to be attracted to those who look like you (not for everyone obviously, but for the most part.)

I have been fetishized by BM because to them me closely resembling a biracial/mixed woman was more acceptable. Some of them have been so bold as to negatively stereotype BW while talking to me as if I'm not one myself. And of course I've heard the "You're pretty for a black girl," comment a few times from other races. It speaks to a deeper problem people are too uncomfortable to talk about. To someone who has never dealt with this, the problem seems non existent. But believe me when I tell you it's definitely real and it hurts. I think it's great that more of these conversations are taking place in today's time.

Attention needs to be brought to it because often times it's unconscious. We don't even realize we're doing it. It definitely plays a HUGE part in how some people partner up. It's very important to acknowledge these negative biases because it can be incredibly easy to build a relationship off of lies we tell ourselves.
I'll admit it, the majority of guys in America are cringeworthy at best. They think and say the stupidest things. So, you shouldn't let it hurt you. (Of course, Black women are beautiful). Also, keep in mind that most people in America live in a bubble and aren't truly educated and worldly. IMHO

Old 09-21-2019, 07:40 AM

2,916 posts, read 1,516,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foulball View Post
Also, keep in mind that most people in America live in a bubble and aren't truly educated and worldly. IMHO
Damn, you are a nice person, it sounds like.... (not)

Way to go with that comment

Old 09-21-2019, 09:45 AM

3,006 posts, read 3,871,484 times
People are generally attracted to people with similar facial characteristics to themselves, race generally doesn't factor into it.

However, Asian men rank the lowest in dating preferences for women (and black women for men.) So you're going to have a hard time I'm afraid.

https://theblog.okcupid.com/race-and...4-107dcbb4f060

Old 09-21-2019, 12:01 PM

15,074 posts, read 10,105,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by archineer View Post
People are generally attracted to people with similar facial characteristics to themselves, race generally doesn't factor into it.

However, Asian men rank the lowest in dating preferences for women (and black women for men.) So you're going to have a hard time I'm afraid.

https://theblog.okcupid.com/race-and...4-107dcbb4f060
This was already mentioned earlier (by me).... unfortunately yes.

However, I had a lot better chances dating various different women of all sorts of backgrounds in a racially diverse area where most of my friends were located compared to a less diverse area where I was living at the time. So the issue with the OP (as others pointed out) is locale.

Old 09-21-2019, 04:40 PM

3,006 posts, read 3,871,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
This was already mentioned earlier (by me).... unfortunately yes.

However, I had a lot better chances dating various different women of all sorts of backgrounds in a racially diverse area where most of my friends were located compared to a less diverse area where I was living at the time. So the issue with the OP (as others pointed out) is locale.
Unfortunately, Asian features appear feminine to Caucasians and Blacks, hence its a disadvantage for Asian men, but an advantage for Asian women.

Old 09-21-2019, 05:03 PM

193 posts, read 92,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Range View Post
I've never been in a relationship, I'm 21, asian american male, situated in the south at the moment. Predominantly white area. I was pretty sheltered growing up so I didn't get to date in high school, I just started getting my hands dirty in the dating scene over 2 years ago. I haven't had any luck really.

There's not really a lot of asians in the area, and asian women really aren't my #1 preference(I'm more attracted to caucasian or hispanic women). Am I asking for too much? Are interracial relationships really not as common as I think?

I have tried to present myself better. I dress nice, nothing fancy, nothing crazy, just the casual look. I have good income, I have a house, 2 luxury cars(brought them because I'm a car person, not because I think they attract women), I'm not ugly but I'm no male model either, I'm not overweight, I'm not aiming for models either. Just average looking women. Everything checks the boxes in my eyes.

What am I doing wrong? Seems like I'll meet genuinely nice women, get to know them, build rapport, then they flake or turns out they only date within their race. Could it just be the area that I'm in? Would I have better luck in a big city like LA, Dallas, NYC?

You sound a lot like me in college, except I'm middle eastern and I had a fixation on black girls. But for some reason I had the impression that black girls were harder to get and only dated outside of their race when the guy is exceptionally attractive. I think that was just in my head though.

My preference has changed since then. Now I seem to prefer asian, middle eastern and hispanic women. Unfortunately for me I live in a city which is 60ish% white and 30ish% black, with the asian, middle eastern and hispanic populations being relatively small.

Old 09-22-2019, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterShipWreck View Post
Damn, you are a nice person, it sounds like.... (not)

Way to go with that comment
Don't know what it has anything to do with being nice or not. Considering the CONTEXT and the qualifier, I stand by the statement. -And, unless you are a minority, you wouldn't know how pervasive that line is. (You're good looking for a ….)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships