Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2019, 04:51 AM

1,651 posts, read 1,305,017 times

Advertisements

What should I make out of this?

A few background info:

1. We really were not very close while we worked together, definitely not like buddy-buddy.

2. The women seems to more on the wild side; her image on Whatsapp is her in a lingerie.

3. I faintly remember, that she IS married with no children. But I am not sure and don't know her current status.

4. She Whatsapps me every about 3-4 months; it's always her initiating the contact; I never contacted her. Conversation starts with how are things lately, etc., and always ends up going to lunch or dinner (out of courtesy I always obliged). Over the meal we don't seem to have any exciting conversation, just small chit-chats. Nothing else after the meal.

5. I don't count myself as attractive. I am 51. The girl is about 35.

I am confused about this friendship and persistent attention... I want to ask but it would seem I am assuming things...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2019, 05:13 AM

61,734 posts, read 87,147,355 times
Do you want to "assume" things? Have plans with that girl? Since you ARE going out with her to dinners, she might expect more than that. Are you?

If not -

What's wrong with saying NO in a nice way? Or saying that you are meeting your wife or GF for lunch - that should send a message.
Or that you have errands to run during lunch, going with coworkers, work through lunch, have a meeting, eating at the desk etc...

I think you should know all those excuses by now, but I have a feeling that you have some wild imaginations that you entertain in your head...
You posted it in the Relationship Forum.

Aren't YOU married?????????????

Old 11-07-2019, 06:24 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
You never asked how is your husband? Seems odd. If you're just making random small talk, that would probably come up.

Old 11-07-2019, 07:02 AM

15,074 posts, read 10,105,001 times
Learn to decline since you aren't into her and you don't seem to be enjoying her company.

Old 11-07-2019, 07:56 AM

277 posts, read 773,599 times
How are you already going out to lunch and dinners with her, yet don't know if she is married? That shouldn't be a difficult subject to get to the bottom of. If you care enough to figure this all out then you have to start with the basics of communication.

Old 11-07-2019, 08:09 AM

1,417 posts, read 734,899 times
Uh, really, you cannot figure this out? Sadly that age barrier means nothing to women these days, and she is likely thinking fun/ego-boosting vs lasting.

Easiest, low cost way to find out, next time walk her to her car, as she finally goes for the door handle go for it too, your hands will meet, she will lock eyes with you and you should be able to read that one way or another,. Or read the body language, likely she will step in toward you or pivot and lean back on the car, either way, it is an invitation. Assuming it reads as a yes, if you want her, man up, reach behind and gently but firmly grasp her hair, gently crane her neck to the side and lightly sink your teeth in a bit and tell her you want her...at that point you can probably take her in the parking lot (which can be hot), up to you if you want text her the next day or not. This is not that difficult, it is basic man-woman stuff. You are 51, you should know how this works.

Old 11-07-2019, 09:20 AM

2,066 posts, read 901,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAndrewJackson View Post
... gently crane her neck to the side and lightly sink your teeth in a bit and tell her you want her... at that point you can probably take her in the parking lot (which can be hot), ...

Extra points if you have a Camaro !

Old 11-07-2019, 09:43 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Gawd, the purple prose is nauseating here today. I thought I was reading an excerpt of Twilight for a minute.

OP, basic communication is not the same thing as "assuming things." Its purpose is to keep you from assuming things.

Do you want something to happen with this lingerie woman?
Do you like her?
Do you trust her?

If so, ASK her about herself.

Old 11-07-2019, 10:11 AM

1,417 posts, read 734,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADogNamedSam View Post
Extra points if you have a Camaro !
LOL, you are killing me here! My sides hurt, I am laughing so hard.

Old 11-07-2019, 10:14 AM

3,024 posts, read 2,241,251 times
Honestly? Probably networking. Getting the deets on her previous place of employment, intel on potential opportunities, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships