Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2019, 12:00 PM

1,825 posts, read 1,424,422 times

Advertisements

So this guy I am sort of seeing, is very inconsistent when it comes to communicating. In the beginning it was fine, but for the past month it's been inconsistent and I can't help but feel like it's intentional now. He travels a lot of for work and works 60+ hours so for the first couple of weeks of this behavior I thought maybe he was just really busy. But it has continued in the following weeks, so now it just feels intentional.

What will happen is we will start texting, and he will mention something like "So I am a starting to look at new places to move to in the city," and then I will text back "Oh cool where are you looking?" Then I never get a response.

Two days ago he sent me a text message of some shoes he's thinking of buying, I texted him back told him I liked them and then texted "Where are your buying them from?" He ignored that question and never responded.

He came over yesterday and things seemed normal and we were fine, but now it feels like I am being breadcrumbed by him. Is it for validation? Maybe he feels empowered by ignoring my texts and in control? These past few weeks, when he does that I just carry on with my life, and then he reaches out again. So please note that when he ignores a question I ask him or text, I don't reach out again and do my own thing. He then will reach out days later, still ignoring the question and bringing up something else. The weird thing is when he does respond he is very quick to respond. Usually right away or within a few hours.

Also I don't feel this is a case of us texting too much as we probably text every few days since I know he is so busy.

It feels like games are being played here. I also feel like I am being taken for granted. In the past month he has also been a little more cold and distant with me. I am kind of over it. I went on a solo trip out of the country to do some exploring of my own, and since that trip he has been acting like this. Am I overreacting? Is it worth confronting him over this?

Honestly, we are in our 30s. I don't have time for this and not interested in playing these games. You know what's funny too? We aren't exclusive, but that is more due to him. I recently met another guy and we hit it off. He asked me out on a date for this Wednesday so it will be our first date. What's nice is that communication with him is going super well and he is super respectful and not playing games. It's funny how you to start to realize how one person is treating you badly when another person is treating you so well. It puts things in perspectives.

Last edited by frimpter928; 11-18-2019 at 12:24 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2019, 12:25 PM

1,921 posts, read 4,779,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frimpter928 View Post
So this guy I am sort of seeing, is very inconsistent when it comes to communicating. In the beginning it was fine, but for the past month it's been inconsistent and I can't help but feel like it's intentional now. He travels a lot of for work and works 60+ hours so for the first couple of weeks of this behavior I thought maybe he was just really busy. But it has continued in the following weeks, so now it just feels intentional.

What will happen is we will start texting, and he will mention something like "So I am a starting to look at new places to move to in the city," and then I will text back "Oh cool where are you looking?" Then I never get a response.

Two days ago he sent me a text message of some shoes he's thinking of buying, I texted him back told him I liked them and then texted "Where are your buying them from?" He ignored that question and never responded.

He came over yesterday and things seemed normal and we were fine, but now it feels like I am being breadcrumbed by him. Is it for validation? Maybe he feels empowered by ignoring my texts and in control? These past few weeks, when he does that I just carry on with my life, and then he reaches out again. So please note that when he ignores a question I ask him or text, I don't reach out again and do my own thing. He then will reach out days later, still ignoring the question and bringing up something else. The weird thing is when he does respond he is very quick to respond. Usually right away or within a few hours.

Also I don't feel this is a case of us texting too much as we probably text every few days since I know he is so busy.

It feels like games are being played here. I also feel like I am being taken for granted. In the past month he has also been a little more cold and distant with me. I am kind of over it. I went on a solo trip out of the country to do some exploring of my own, and since that trip he has been acting like this. Am I overreacting? Is it worth confronting him over this?

Honestly, we are in our 30s. I don't have time for this and not interested in playing these games. You know what's funny too? We aren't exclusive, but that is more due to him. I recently met another guy and we hit it off. He asked me out on a date for this Wednesday so it will be our first date. What's nice is that communication with him is going super well and he is super respectful and not playing games. It's funny how you to start to realize how one person is treating you badly when another person is treating you so well. It puts things in perspectives.

Just remember that nice guys finish last.

Old 11-18-2019, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonwalkr View Post
What do you mean by that? I know the saying but in regards to my situation.

Old 11-18-2019, 12:38 PM

41,936 posts, read 37,024,941 times
"Sort of seeing" is like "hanging out on occasion". No point to "confront" anything, just go on living your life.

Old 11-18-2019, 03:29 PM

4,382 posts, read 2,285,995 times
I think its a game. If he were interested in carrying on a conversation, he would text, then reply to your reply, and have a conversation.

I have known guys who do this as well, and thanks to facebook, I saw he had other girls posting on his wall "Why do you text me then disappear when I reply?"

He was doing the same to me, so pretty much confirmed the game playing, for me.

I moved on. The guy was 41 but acting like he was 16. No time for that.

Bring it up if he's worth it to you to try to work things out, but it doesn't sound like thats the case.

Old 11-19-2019, 12:47 AM

15 posts, read 6,003 times
Just take three questions rule=) Every third time when somebody doesn't reply to your question - move on. You can ask something once, twice, but no more. There are so many courses why he or she doesn't reply, but finally, only one is suffering and wasting time - you.

Old 11-19-2019, 01:16 AM

4,414 posts, read 3,482,150 times
If you’ve met someone else then there’s no reason to confront this guy. Just let him drift away like an untethered balloon.

Old 11-19-2019, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasel View Post
If you’ve met someone else then there’s no reason to confront this guy. Just let him drift away like an untethered balloon.
Yeah, plus I caught him trying to manipulate me now, so I think it's done.

Old 11-20-2019, 12:48 PM

127 posts, read 54,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d1mcka.dimon View Post
Just take three questions rule=) Every third time when somebody doesn't reply to your question - move on. You can ask something once, twice, but no more. There are so many courses why he or she doesn't reply, but finally, only one is suffering and wasting time - you.
YES!! Good advice!! I also always follow the 3-questions rule!
I also do this not only in dating, but also in friendships.

If someone doesn't reply you three times, it is OVER.

Do not run after a guy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonwalkr View Post
Wrong! Nice guys never finish haha!

Quote:
He travels a lot of for work and works 60+ hours so for the first couple of weeks of this behavior I thought maybe he was just really busy. But it has continued in the following weeks, so now it just feels intentional.
People do not change over time.

If a guy is sooooooooo super busy, he shouldn't be on a dating platform in first place.

My advice:

People use "I'm busy" often as an excuse. Yes, they might be busy but most often they just use it as an excuse.
They could give you the priority - but they don't.

Old 11-20-2019, 01:34 PM

1,131 posts, read 1,236,985 times
Quote:
So, what is the subject of discussion here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships