Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2019, 07:04 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindy410 View Post

My daughter is 14. She does not want him there but he tells me she is not old enough to make that decision.
Do you realize what a damaging statement this is for a teenage girl?

He basically said that her viewpoint doesn't matter, that she has NO say in what goes on in her own home. And apparently you are cosigning that by allowing him to stay.

Parents HAVE to realize that their relationships are NOT just between the two of them, and you both are teaching this girl, through your own actions, how she should behave when SHE has a boyfriend.

Wake up, Mom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2019, 07:27 AM

237 posts, read 967,725 times
I can't make him move out. I tried. So for now me and my daughter will live with my sister untill he leaves.

Old 12-02-2019, 07:28 AM

Just wanted to make sure I was not being unfair making him move out if his own house

Old 12-02-2019, 07:29 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,251,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Do you realize what a damaging statement this is for a teenage girl?

He basically said that her viewpoint doesn't matter, that she has NO say in what goes on in her own home. And apparently you are cosigning that by allowing him to stay.

Parents HAVE to realize that their relationships are NOT just between the two of them, and you both are teaching this girl, through your own actions, how she should behave when SHE has a boyfriend.

Wake up, Mom.
This.

That poor kid. No one is protecting her.

File for separation. You'll fill out a financial form...he'll love the results of doing nothing for years.

Old 12-02-2019, 08:40 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
Quote:
My daughter is 14. She does not want him there but he tells me she is not old enough to make that decision. I have been at my sister's for one night a I have never seen my daughter smile and laugh so much
WTH. How can you write this and consider taking him back? If your daughter, your poor, powerless daughter who trusts and depends on you means anything to you, get him out of the house. NOW.

Old 12-02-2019, 09:09 AM

I am trying but by law I can not make him leave. I'm hoping living with my sister with my daughter will make him move back to his mom's.

Old 12-02-2019, 09:19 AM

4,088 posts, read 2,563,075 times
Quote:
I am trying but by law I can not make him leave. I'm hoping living with my sister with my daughter will make him move back to his mom's.
I don't know you or your situation outside of the details that you have shared here, but it has crossed my mind that perhaps your husband didn't so much choose to come back to your home to be with her daughter as his mother was fed up with her son's nonsense and forced him to leave *her* home.

It's hard to imagine that she'd want a deadbeat sitting day after day at her kitchen table drinking his life away any more than you or your daughter have done for years.

Old 12-02-2019, 09:28 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,269,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picardlx View Post
Well, he is right about that. The choice is between you and him, the daughter can decide who to live with when she's 18.

Seems like you're both are a little indecisive. But if I were you, I wouldn't want to live with an alcoholic and ask him to leave on that basis.
Err. No.

Judges restrict it to supervised visitation all the time when there are drug, alcohol, criminal, or abuse issues. If a 14 year old girl says she doesn’t want to see the guy and it’s that kind of history, the judge can restrict access.

Old 12-02-2019, 09:52 AM

10,093 posts, read 6,436,538 times
Quote:
Are you sure? If you have an attorney I would check with him/her on the concept of filing for a legal separation with exclusive use of the marital home. And I would definitely NOT move out of the home if at all possible as that might be construed as abandonment, which could be very detrimental to your rights.

Old 12-02-2019, 10:11 AM

He does not fall down drunk or abusive. He is pretty much neglectful. Does not have much to do with me and my daughter. Does not try to make the marriage work. It upsets my daughter to seehimbe neglectful towards me an her. He doesn't even go to dinner or breakfast anymore. Like my daughter said. There physically but not emotional. He refuses to go on antidepressants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships