Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2019, 11:48 AM

4,039 posts, read 3,775,084 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADogNamedSam View Post
It isn't unheard-of for a woman to ask me my full name and DOB, I always provide it, whatever makes her feel safer. She can verify I *do* have a mortgage in CO, *do* have a divorce decree filed in MD, and no arrests or convictions. And then she can stalk my FB page and look at my Samoyed pictures.
I would think that providing your last name to someone before you even know them would be dangerous. And if you ask someone for their last name, you're going to have to give them yours too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2019, 11:54 AM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriella Geramia View Post
Facebook has a dating app???! LOL do you get matched with friends of friends??
You get matched with the Russian propagandists, who used FB to swing the election in favor of our current Head Honcho.

Old 12-24-2019, 12:49 PM

4,039 posts, read 3,775,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You get matched with the Russian propagandists, who used FB to swing the election in favor of our current Head Honcho.
I do love me a good Russian accent!

Old 12-24-2019, 01:10 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,655,977 times
No, none, except maybe that one that celebrities use.

Old 12-24-2019, 01:16 PM

1,185 posts, read 751,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriella Geramia View Post
So you ask people for their last name before you even meet them??
Once you have a phone number, you really don’t need a name.

Old 12-24-2019, 03:19 PM

3,503 posts, read 7,500,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughfighter83 View Post
yeah i was thinking of eharmony as well, i will be careful and thank you merry christmas to you and to everyone on here. im in a great mood today.
Yikes! Who in their right mind pays hundreds of dollars to use an OD site upfront before they have an inkling of who else actually even uses the site?

Quote:
The OP asked so in to particular order, I've recenty used:

Plenty of Fish
Ok Cupid
Tinder
Christian Mingle
Facebook Dating App

They are all about the same and you'll likely see the same profiles appear across several of them. Ok Cupid offers unlimited questions to answer, and derive match% from agreement (or not) with yours. The first four I mentioned give you, for free, a limited interface with some capabilities but will be constantly trying to get you to buy a membership to "unlock" all the features.

In the past I've used Bumble, Zoosk, and Match to some small degree of success, and ante'd up for a 30 or 90 day paid membership.
Most all of those are owned by Match’s parent group, IAC. The company that’s being sued for less than upfront practices by the FTC again. I don’t personally run a charity, so I’m not up for tossing money at websites who aren’t in the business of finding me a significant other, but to milk me for money in the form of boosts and other subscriptions and the like. Besides, women make up about 25% of these site’s memberships, so you’re already narrowing your possibilities. Learn from your mistake. IAC has since it spun off Match in October

Old 12-25-2019, 03:35 AM

3,926 posts, read 2,036,561 times
Quote:
The OP asked so in to particular order, I've recenty used:

Plenty of Fish
Ok Cupid
Tinder
Christian Mingle
Facebook Dating App

They are all about the same and you'll likely see the same profiles appear across several of them.
Right, and by that time, this means that they've tried everything and determined that no man is good enough to meet for a 30-min to an hour lunch. So there, their profiles remain as permanent fixtures of the site(s).

Match.com has a ton of profiles, but only a very small inkling of PAYING members exist to be able to respond to a paying member trying to contact them. So as a man, if you're paying for it, you could be contacting a whole lot of women that won't be able to respond...if they are not paid subscribers.

Old 12-26-2019, 07:59 AM

179 posts, read 357,354 times
Default Bumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by toughfighter83 View Post
i have decided that i want to use a dating site, are there any dating sites that are safe?
I'm not sure if any dating site is 100% safe, but bumble is worth a shot. I actually met my wife on the site. I personally found it to be a little classier than tinder or anything else. I was on bumble for 1 whole week before matching with my wife. The interesting twist is assuming you both swipe right, the female has to comment first within 24 hours. I had never tried online dating before and when a prior engagement fell through, I was heartbroken and willing to try a different route. I came across bumble from a friend and the rest is history. Sure, there is garbage and catfish, but overall I was pleased with the experience. Have your non-negotiables and stick to them..

Good luck

--B

Old 01-01-2020, 06:07 PM

1,035 posts, read 1,397,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
You could easily Google them.

But you should Google therapists first to help you with your resentment and negativity before you try dating sites.
Don't do this. I know someone that did and he said it was a waste! All the therapist did was repeat what his friends and family said; "you're a nice guy," "you have your act together," "you will meet somebody eventually." She actually refused to treat his loneliness, so I was told

Old 01-02-2020, 06:11 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supertrucker212 View Post
Don't do this. I know someone that did and he said it was a waste! All the therapist did was repeat what his friends and family said; "you're a nice guy," "you have your act together," "you will meet somebody eventually." She actually refused to treat his loneliness, so I was told

Loneliness isn't something that gets "treated".

The help is for the issues a person has, and not all therapists are a good fit for a person. One may have to, and often one does, need to meet several before finding the right one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships