Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2019, 12:05 PM

20 posts, read 6,233 times

Advertisements

Thank you. Haven’t covered it up with her or my family but I don’t feel my friends need to know. None of their business. Yes haven’t done anything nice and I do regret it. Hoping to start afresh from now and become a better person for my future relationships.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2019, 12:10 PM

6,844 posts, read 3,960,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrus1987 View Post
Thank you. Haven’t covered it up with her or my family but I don’t feel my friends need to know. None of their business. Yes haven’t done anything nice and I do regret it. Hoping to start afresh from now and become a better person for my future relationships.
So you are still living a lie with your "friends" and hoping for the best. If you tell your "friends" you are gay or bi, you will find out who your real friends, gay or straight, are.

Old 12-31-2019, 12:15 PM

I am comfortable with my sexuality that is straight, no lie about that.

Old 12-31-2019, 12:19 PM

Quote:
I am comfortable with my sexuality that is straight, no lie about that.
Of course it's a lie or you would have cheated on her with women rather than with men. Some people may have had gay experiences but their preference is being straight. Your preference is to have sex with men. Thinking it's just a left over habit from your younger days is delusional.

Old 12-31-2019, 12:23 PM

For me to sort out, thank you

Old 12-31-2019, 12:25 PM

Quote:
For me to sort out, thank you
Good luck.

Old 12-31-2019, 01:06 PM

15,252 posts, read 12,964,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobspez View Post
Cancelling the VISA is fine. If she is your ex, you shouldn't have any finances in common except what may be ordered by the court. Make a clean break.
It's not that kind of visa. It's her permission to be in the country. That's why on top of cheating, lying to all and sundry, concealing his orientation, etc. having her spouse visa revoked is a particularly crappy thing to do.

I hope she has a good immigration attorney.

Old 12-31-2019, 02:20 PM

9,952 posts, read 6,676,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
It's not that kind of visa. It's her permission to be in the country. That's why on top of cheating, lying to all and sundry, concealing his orientation, etc. having her spouse visa revoked is a particularly crappy thing to do.

I hope she has a good immigration attorney.
Hopefully. One would really question his motives in this circumstance and whether the marriage was ever legitimate (from his end, at least).

Old 01-01-2020, 04:02 PM

2,949 posts, read 1,355,291 times
Quote:

Need guidance on a sensitive issue. Recently got divorced from my wife due to incompatibility issues and I was pushed to take a decision for both of us. Unfortunately I cheated on her with guys during the marriage (habitual issue stemming from my childhood on which I am workiong on with my therapist) - I came clean to her after she found my journal on which I spoke about me being potentially "gay" "bi" "confused" or "straight." They read my journal, took screenshots of it as well as my whatsapp conversaitons with random guys (very old before the marriage) and now has shared all this "evidence" with my and her family and some of my friends.

Disturbing and frustrating that she would share something personal like this with others and absolve herself of all responsibilty in the marriage. Despite all this I haven't bad-mouthed her or spread anything against her. One of my best friends and his wife distanced themselves from me after she told them about me and he finally confronted me today after both of us felt awkward regarding our friendship. He asked me if I cheated on her during the marriage and I denied it. I said why do you think I would've cheated and he said the texts and how she was saying everything implied this, and I really don't know whether she showed other evidence suggesting this. He did say he realised that whatever she said seemed one-sided which usually isn't hte case and what her shortcomings were. I refused to say anything about her reminding me that this isn't part of my values.

There's more to the above however I've been feeling slightly guilty for denying the cheating. Though I do think it's no one's business if I did/didn't? Also accepting it will mean the end of our friendship according to him. I've tried talking to my intution without any luck. What would the views be on this forum?

In the end he did apologise for distancing himself knowing it was a hard time for me and I must have felt alone. I thanked him for bringing it up and felt good when he said "I missed our friendship." I suggested he speak to his wife as I don't want to continuously defend myself and it's up to her if she wants to remain friends with me or not. Hurt that she would do such a thing and really scares me to be "honest" with my future partner. Yes I shouldn't have cheated and did apologise to her for it though she decided to stay after that which is her decision. It's amazing how she and her family are using this against me. Recently I sent her a text apologising and wishing her good luck for the future. I've been trying to do the right thing since the divorce though she has been pushing my buttons which led me to cancelling her spouse visa.

Thank you for reading/listening.

You lied to your wife, now ex-wife.

You lied to your "best friend."

It appears you only tell the truth when and if it is convenient to you.

You are not a "safe" person to be involved with, apparently, in any type relationship.

OP, I hope you seek professional help to work on your propensity to default to lying to people.

Old 01-02-2020, 01:07 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,027,035 times
Quote:
I haven’t spoken of her contributions but that’s not the topic. The question is if I should’ve been honest with my friend or not. I got guidance from all the answers, thank you
So here's what I think;

Your friend is going to find out you lied. So, you've compounded your problems. Cue in "A cheater AND a liar" to what people will say about you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships