Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2020, 08:24 PM

63 posts, read 165,289 times

Advertisements

My bf would text me all day every day, instantly. Was super affectionate, sending kissy faces etc. This past week he became very distant, taking 5-7 hours to respond to a single text and less affectionate. This went on for about 4 days and then he said he didnt want to hang out this weekend because he had plans with his guy friend.

He said he had been going through a lot at work and dealing with drama so thats why hes been stressed lately when I asked him if something was wrong because he was being distant. The drama he's referring to, is his ex comes back into town from her out of town job to pick up her things at their apartment that they shared together, she broke up with him 2 months ago, and he says he's moving out at the end of May for this reason. This is obviously suspicious and I think she may be the real reason why he's been distant towards me all the sudden. He said he doesnt know when she comes back but its sometime at the end of the month since they dont talk, his words. He said I probably shouldn't be there when she comes over out of respect.

This weekend when he hung out with his friend, he texts me saying he was going to ask me to come out with him earlier but he was already heading home. I said well you knew I wanted to see you tonight, but ok thats fine.

I noticed he would be active on instagram but not text me for hours one day so I said again, hey I'm here if you need to talk about anything I haven't heard from you. He said "Listen I'm not going to deal with the suffocation. I told you I'm going through a lot right now in my life and that I would be busy this weekend and you've been constantly worried for days. I'm sorry, this is absurd." I said "Ok I will give you space, I know you're stressed I just noticed the communication go down so thats why I've been asking."

No reply from him and its been 3 days. This all changed suddenly and now I dont even know if we are still going to be together or if I will hear from him. What should I do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2020, 09:11 PM

54 posts, read 46,301 times
Get me a Samwich! then post a pic

Old 05-19-2020, 09:15 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatCosmos View Post
My bf would text me all day every day, instantly. Was super affectionate, sending kissy faces etc. This past week he became very distant, taking 5-7 hours to respond to a single text and less affectionate. This went on for about 4 days and then he said he didnt want to hang out this weekend because he had plans with his guy friend.

He said he had been going through a lot at work and dealing with drama so thats why hes been stressed lately when I asked him if something was wrong because he was being distant. The drama he's referring to, is his ex comes back into town from her out of town job to pick up her things at their apartment that they shared together, she broke up with him 2 months ago, and he says he's moving out at the end of May for this reason. This is obviously suspicious and I think she may be the real reason why he's been distant towards me all the sudden. He said he doesnt know when she comes back but its sometime at the end of the month since they dont talk, his words. He said I probably shouldn't be there when she comes over out of respect.

This weekend when he hung out with his friend, he texts me saying he was going to ask me to come out with him earlier but he was already heading home. I said well you knew I wanted to see you tonight, but ok thats fine.

I noticed he would be active on instagram but not text me for hours one day so I said again, hey I'm here if you need to talk about anything I haven't heard from you. He said "Listen I'm not going to deal with the suffocation. I told you I'm going through a lot right now in my life and that I would be busy this weekend and you've been constantly worried for days. I'm sorry, this is absurd." I said "Ok I will give you space, I know you're stressed I just noticed the communication go down so thats why I've been asking."

No reply from him and its been 3 days. This all changed suddenly and now I dont even know if we are still going to be together or if I will hear from him. What should I do?
You should start the slow fade.

He obviously wasn’t really ready to date; he love-bombed you at the beginning And now has lashed out at you when he’s dealing with his own reality.

I wouldn’t pursue anything with him.

Old 05-19-2020, 09:50 PM

1,350 posts, read 820,375 times
Quote:

He's being very rude. What he said to you, and disappearing for 3 days. I would not contact him again. And, why couldn't you be at his place when the "ex" comes to get her things? What did he mean "out of respect"? Respect for what? They only broke up 2 months ago. For all you know, they could be getting back together. That's why he doesn't want you to be in the apartment when she gets there. She obviously doesn't know you exist.

Move on. Sorry. This guy is up to something, and it doesn't include you. Best to run now, before you get feelings for him.

Was this the guy that left you at the curb at 3am?

Old 05-19-2020, 09:58 PM

374 posts, read 146,600 times
Let him go. Do not call him or text him. You probably didn't hear that, so here it is again: DO NOT CALL HIM OR TEXT HIM. Act as if everything is okay (because it is). Soon you will FEEL that everything is okay. With or without him. He knows where to find you. And who knows? By the time he calls, IF he calls, maybe you'll already be heading home, too. With someone else.

Old 05-19-2020, 10:13 PM

When should I delete him on instagram because I would rather not see his memes and joke posts and pics of him anymore if hes never going to contact me again. Should I delete him in a week, like a day after memorial day? My instagram is private so he'll know when he cant see it anymore. But I dont want to do that too soon.

I was considering writing him a goodbye text in a week too, something like, I wish you the best blah blah blah. But everyone tells me to just not say anything at all, forever.

Old 05-19-2020, 10:25 PM

61,743 posts, read 87,194,708 times
It's not your fault, but the relationship seems to be over.
Delete his number, ignore him on social media, stop any contact and move on. NOW.
Sooner the better.

Old 05-19-2020, 10:32 PM

1,350 posts, read 820,375 times
Quote:
When should I delete him on instagram because I would rather not see his memes and joke posts and pics of him anymore if hes never going to contact me again. Should I delete him in a week, like a day after memorial day? My instagram is private so he'll know when he cant see it anymore. But I dont want to do that too soon.

I was considering writing him a goodbye text in a week too, something like, I wish you the best blah blah blah. But everyone tells me to just not say anything at all, forever.
Delete him now. Why wait a week? That would only upset you more. He said some really rude things to you. Who cares what he thinks when you delete him? He is all but coming out and saying he wants his space (getting back with his ex, is my feeling). Like you said, you'd rather not see his IG stuff anyway. Delete today.

You don't have to write him any goodbye text. You don't owe him any nice and polite goodbyes after how he's been treating you lately. Just move on with your life, He obviously has.

Old 05-19-2020, 10:42 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
Quote:

What do you think is going to happen between now and a week??

Old 05-19-2020, 10:46 PM

I was thinking theres a chance he might text me again in the next couple of days. I dont know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships