Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2020, 11:23 AM

1 posts, read 610 times

Advertisements

I am rather fit and my husband is a bigger guy and I find him very attractive. To me it's more about how a person carries themselves than what they look like. Are you smart? Can you carry on a conversation? I probably sound like a mom but that is what is more important than a 6pk.

Old 05-20-2020, 11:40 AM

4,042 posts, read 2,711,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cw75 View Post
I am rather fit and my husband is a bigger guy and I find him very attractive. To me it's more about how a person carries themselves than what they look like. Are you smart? Can you carry on a conversation? I probably sound like a mom but that is what is more important than a 6pk.

Truth!

Sense of humor, engaging personality, etc.

A "nice body" will only take you so far. There's a lot more to consider in regards to being liked by the opposite sex.

Old 05-20-2020, 12:41 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
We are living in the fattest country on earth and lots of people are dating. Just look around you. Weight is not a reason anymore to stay single.

Go to the middle of the country and you may look slim in comparison.

Old 05-22-2020, 11:07 AM

600 posts, read 255,667 times
Quote:
Men.

Maybe men who, like you, think they know what women want to see most. But still men. (If they think that they're making these ab-related-choices to appeal to women, they are projecting.)
Men hire those muscular men because they know that's what women want to see. Magic Mike was created with a 5 million budget and the profits the movie got was like 130 millions, the sequel to the movie was done with the same amount or a bit more, and it made even more money.

Who went to see those movies? millions of homosexual men? No, the majority of the movie-goers were women, and Channing Tatum, the main actor of the franchise, put 2.5 millions of his own money into the 5 million budget, because he knew, from his young days as a male-stripper, that he was going to make a pretty dollar off it.

I'm not saying there aren't women out there who are physically attracted to chubby men or scrawny men, yeah, there are, I only need to look around when I'm at the beach, but for a man to be truly considered to be hot, to be a hunk, for super hot women to throw themselves at you - you do kinda need to look like Joel kinnaman shirtless, yeah.

The hotter the woman is, the more she expects a potential one-night stand to be muscular. For relationships with hot women, it's not really that necessary, because most men are out of shape and if she's waiting for an attractive-looking man she's gonna be waiting a long time, and because lots of women drop their physical standards in men as other things become more important than how many inches his biceps have in thickness.

Quote:
Firefighter standing there holding a cat or puppy. Gazing up at the camera with his heart in his eyes and a barely almost smile touching his lips. OH MY FREAKING GOD. You're gonna sell so many calendI'm not saying that no women get hot and bothered over a firefighter body, but what is even more intoxicating, by orders of magnitude to the female mind, is a bit of context.
Possibly, yeah, Henry Cavill ripping his shirt off at a Clown's convention would look weird to many women, but Henry Cavill shirtless at the beach would probably make many women want to get to know him better.

Quote:
But men don't have the market cornered on unrealistic expectations about yourselves in relation to the competition. Nope, not one bit. If you have to think like you're competing with Ryan Gosling or whatever, that's gonna move some protein powders, fitness programs, gym memberships, gear...plenty of products to make you feel like you're doing all you can to compete.
We kinda do, tho. Imagine that you want to have an one-night stand with a Victoria Secret's model, or with a wickd weasel model(Australian micro-bikini models). How you gonna do that? I mean, you could pull a leonardo dicaprio and use the hundreds of millions of dollars you have in the bank to catch their attention - but I ain't got that. Not even 1 million.

So my chances of ever sleeping with a woman like that is either: I transform my body into the body of a greek god.

Or I never get to go through the experience that I've dreamed my entire life of getting. But what if the guy doesn't have the genetic potential to become a greek god?

Quote:
Just like women spend fortunes on cosmetics, fashion, hair care, teeth whitening, fake breasts, fitness, diets, a thousand things we are told we must buy, because we just aren't good enough.
Not necessarily. My mom's in her 60s and she still gets hit on everyday by attractive men, including by men who are much younger than her. 30 years, 40 years younger. And my sisters are the same way. They don't spend money on cosmetics or in fashion other than the usual, no fake breasts, and it's very easy for a woman to be naturally fit. Most women I met and came across back in college were 5'9'' and 130lbs, with many being lower than that.

Heck, I dated a 90lbs woman and a 85lbs once(they were below 5 feet) and my mom's 110lbs without working out, at 5'6'' still, like my sisters are in the low 130lbs, and they never dieted at all.

Being fit doesn't require much. Just eating the right foods and avoiding the wrong foods, that includes soda and sugarey stuff.

To be muscular, tho. To look like Hugh Jackman, Chris Pine, Arnold Scharwznagger and Chris Patt to name a few gods is FAR, FAR more difficult and painful and expensive than it is for a woman to have a slim body.

Quote:
Men: Do generally pretty women in this world truly compete with Hollywood celebrities for your attention and interest? Should we feel unworthy of your love and inadequate if we don't measure up to that?
No, but that's because super hot women, you know, the women you can make a lot of money off their looks, have been used and dumped often by men who are above their own league, or in their own league so what they do is that they date a man who isn't as physically attractive as those other men, but makes up for it in other ways(very attentive, romantic, treats her good, loyal, spends money on her etc)

I've had very attractive women want to date me.

Was I flattered?

No.

Did I take them on the offer?

No.

Why not?

Because they didn't consider me good enough to have an one-night stand with me. I guess they saw ''relationship qualities'' in me, and that's bad, because that ain't what I'm looking for.

Just like I've lowered my physical standards in women many times, to make sure - as much as possible- that I wasn't going to leave the nightclub empty-handed for that night; there are many, many women who drop their physical standards in men to make sure they get a romantic relationship and all that comes with it.

This natural ability women have to sleep with men they aren't that much physically attracted to(and yes, I am sure that there are plenty of women out there who are hot and are physically attracted to their more average boyfriends) is, what I suspect, the main reason why the divorce rate at the Countries I party hard at is at 89%.

Legit. I laughed so hard when I was reading the newspaper and I was learning the national institute of statistics was saying 70% of all first marriages end in divorce, 80% of all 2nd marriages end in divorce, and 90% of third marriages end in divorce, after 4 to 7 years of marriage.

If she doesn't want to tear my clothes off as soon as she sees me - what chances does the marriage have of succeeding.

And what I mean by a successful marriage is, sex that happens more often than 4 times a month, like another study I've read suggested the men aged 30-60 have, in a month.

That's gonna be a huge yikes from me, bro.

Old 05-22-2020, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
We are living in the fattest country on earth and lots of people are dating. Just look around you. Weight is not a reason anymore to stay single.

Go to the middle of the country and you may look slim in comparison.
Not the fattest. The USA is like 3rd in the obesity ranking. The #1 Country is a Muslim Country. Considering about 75% of Iranian women aged 18-45 are obese, I'm betting that's the most obese Country in the world.

Old 05-22-2020, 11:17 AM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helw View Post
Men hire those muscular men because they know that's what women want to see. Magic Mike was created with a 5 million budget and the profits the movie got was like 130 millions, the sequel to the movie was done with the same amount or a bit more, and it made even more money.

Who went to see those movies? millions of homosexual men? No, the majority of the movie-goers were women, and Channing Tatum, the main actor of the franchise, put 2.5 millions of his own money into the 5 million budget, because he knew, from his young days as a male-stripper, that he was going to make a pretty dollar off it.

I'm not saying there aren't women out there who are physically attracted to chubby men or scrawny men, yeah, there are, I only need to look around when I'm at the beach, but for a man to be truly considered to be hot, to be a hunk, for super hot women to throw themselves at you - you do kinda need to look like Joel kinnaman shirtless, yeah.

The hotter the woman is, the more she expects a potential one-night stand to be muscular
. For relationships with hot women, it's not really that necessary, because most men are out of shape and if she's waiting for an attractive-looking man she's gonna be waiting a long time, and because lots of women drop their physical standards in men as other things become more important than how many inches his biceps have in thickness.

Possibly, yeah, Henry Cavill ripping his shirt off at a Clown's convention would look weird to many women, but Henry Cavill shirtless at the beach would probably make many women want to get to know him better.

We kinda do, tho. Imagine that you want to have an one-night stand with a Victoria Secret's model, or with a wickd weasel model(Australian micro-bikini models). How you gonna do that? I mean, you could pull a leonardo dicaprio and use the hundreds of millions of dollars you have in the bank to catch their attention - but I ain't got that. Not even 1 million.

So my chances of ever sleeping with a woman like that is either: I transform my body into the body of a greek god.

Or I never get to go through the experience that I've dreamed my entire life of getting. But what if the guy doesn't have the genetic potential to become a greek god?

Not necessarily. My mom's in her 60s and she still gets hit on everyday by attractive men, including by men who are much younger than her. 30 years, 40 years younger. And my sisters are the same way. They don't spend money on cosmetics or in fashion other than the usual, no fake breasts, and it's very easy for a woman to be naturally fit. Most women I met and came across back in college were 5'9'' and 130lbs, with many being lower than that.

Heck, I dated a 90lbs woman and a 85lbs once(they were below 5 feet) and my mom's 110lbs without working out, at 5'6'' still, like my sisters are in the low 130lbs, and they never dieted at all.

Being fit doesn't require much. Just eating the right foods and avoiding the wrong foods, that includes soda and sugarey stuff.

To be muscular, tho. To look like Hugh Jackman, Chris Pine, Arnold Scharwznagger and Chris Patt to name a few gods is FAR, FAR more difficult and painful and expensive than it is for a woman to have a slim body.

No, but that's because super hot women, you know, the women you can make a lot of money off their looks, have been used and dumped often by men who are above their own league, or in their own league so what they do is that they date a man who isn't as physically attractive as those other men, but makes up for it in other ways(very attentive, romantic, treats her good, loyal, spends money on her etc)

I've had very attractive women want to date me.

Was I flattered?

No.

Did I take them on the offer?

No.

Why not?

Because they didn't consider me good enough to have an one-night stand with me. I guess they saw ''relationship qualities'' in me, and that's bad, because that ain't what I'm looking for.

Just like I've lowered my physical standards in women many times, to make sure - as much as possible- that I wasn't going to leave the nightclub empty-handed for that night; there are many, many women who drop their physical standards in men to make sure they get a romantic relationship and all that comes with it.

This natural ability women have to sleep with men they aren't that much physically attracted to(and yes, I am sure that there are plenty of women out there who are hot and are physically attracted to their more average boyfriends) is, what I suspect, the main reason why the divorce rate at the Countries I party hard at is at 89%.

Legit. I laughed so hard when I was reading the newspaper and I was learning the national institute of statistics was saying 70% of all first marriages end in divorce, 80% of all 2nd marriages end in divorce, and 90% of third marriages end in divorce, after 4 to 7 years of marriage.

If she doesn't want to tear my clothes off as soon as she sees me - what chances does the marriage have of succeeding.

And what I mean by a successful marriage is, sex that happens more often than 4 times a month, like another study I've read suggested the men aged 30-60 have, in a month.

That's gonna be a huge yikes from me, bro.
Did the OP say he's looking for super-hot women? Or ONS's? No. He seems to be asking simply about finding a basic, compatible gf.

I do agree with you on the underlined, though.

Old 05-22-2020, 11:20 AM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Women can see abs when the shirt is off, which is what happens often when it's summer time, and when you work out, your shoulders widen and thicken and your biceps also become ''full''. Which helps women figure out easily if the dude's rocking a six-pack or not.

Then you wear a muscle shirt, and think about it as a man's lipstick - you buy a muscle shirt that is a size or two smaller than the ones who fit your body frame comfortable to make yourself look bigger.

Nah, Ruth, I have friends of mine who have quite an unattractive face, they're balding fast, and they're as charming as a wall made of bricks, and they still manage to hook up because there's lots of women out there who don't mind sleeping with a man whose face isn't going to make them swoon like Brad Pitt's did in Legends of The Fall, but who happens to hav a body like Michael Phelps.

A muscular body helps increasing a man's physical apperance in the eyes of many, many, many women by a LOT.

There's also plenty of women, usually younger women, who like that slender body Leonardo Dicaprio sported in the movie titled as The Beach.
Ahh, once more: the Gospel According To Helw. Pontificate on! Don't let us stop you.

News flash; women don't select their dating partners exclusively during the summer months, only at venues that involve men being shirtless.

But...whatever.

Old 05-22-2020, 11:51 AM

11,230 posts, read 9,325,075 times
Quote:
...I have friends of mine who have quite an unattractive face, they're balding fast, and they're as charming as a wall made of bricks, and they still manage to hook up because there's lots of women out there who don't mind sleeping with a man whose face isn't going to make them swoon like Brad Pitt's did in Legends of The Fall, but who happens to have a body like Michael Phelps....

Well, that's all well and good till you wake up in the morning and try to find something to talk about...

Sounds to me like those friends of yours deserve the women they "hook up with".

Some of us male and female are looking for something a little more interesting.

Old 05-22-2020, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turf3 View Post
Well, that's all well and good till you wake up in the morning and try to find something to talk about...

Sounds to me like those friends of yours deserve the women they "hook up with".

Some of us male and female are looking for something a little more interesting.
What do you mean by they deserve the women they hook-up with? My friends are great. They take care of their families, they take care of their kids, they volunteer at the local church and kitchen shoup, they treat everyone equally well.

I hope my nephews will grow up to become fine men like my friends.

PS: a guy can look good and have a brain about him

Old 05-22-2020, 12:33 PM

20,393 posts, read 14,661,936 times
Helw...

If you are talking about just ONS as your base line... I mean, I have no argument with you wanting whatever you want, getting it however you want to get it. But women are not the only ones who sometimes find that very unfulfilling. We could do a poll if you really wanna, but a lot of men would rather find a special someone to be their one-and-only, than to just have a strictly one night stand with a woman they never even get to know, who never gets to know them, with no feelings involved, just because both of them look like models. I've said it before here and it remains true, as a woman who has engaged in casual sex during certain points in my life (not ONS, but more like FWB/FB) far more often, at least twice as often in fact, if either of us caught feels, it was the guy. THEY wanted to "lock it in" and I did not.

That is fine if it's your dream to have "10s" throwing themselves at you, with no requirement to even talk or do anything but have sex. In fact, it interests me how much you talk about travel, I've been assuming that you've really traveled a lot from your talk of women in other countries, and you aren't just compiling stories from other people or the internet...is my assumption correct? These are first hand observations of yours? So if that's the case, and you had these fun casual sex experiences with hot women in other countries, did you speak the language?

The reason I'm interested in that, relates to conversations I've had with my Mom. She is a heavy, 61 year old white American who has always been most attracted to younger, fit, foreign people. Not just men, she has been in a LDR with a woman from the Philippines for years, she actually went and visited her once and plans have come and gone on and off for her to bring her here... But anyhow, a big disagreement in attraction to others, that she and I have in our conversations, is that she does not care if they speak English at all. She'd rather they did not talk much, she would like a fun "toy" of a partner who does lots of housework for her, and would prefer not to hear their thoughts or feelings much. To me, that sounds gross and exploitative. She is using these people. What they get out of it, other than maybe access to American life and citizenship (a prize of dubious quality in these times, IMO) is beyond me. I am never attracted to anyone if we have not connected mentally through conversation. I actually felt a bit self-conscious for being the stick-in-the-mud at an orgy (birthday party a friend organized) because I did not want to touch or make out with strangers. No matter that they were super hot looking. If I can't get to know 'em a bit and have a sense that we click mind-to-mind, then it ain't happening. Another time at another female friend's birthday celebration, they got a male stripper. I spoke to him before hand and told him I was giving a bunch of singles to my friend to enjoy with him, but I wasn't really into the whole thing and would observe from a distance, and prefer he does not try to involve me...and he was cool with that. Nice kid, but the whole thing seemed weird and awkward to me, and his banana hammock flopping around looked absurd. Not sexy.

So what my Mom enjoys, and what you seem to want...I just kind of don't "get" it. I don't see the appeal. And from conversations I've had with numerous others, men and women both, I'm not alone in that. Nor are you alone in your way of thinking. This stuff just isn't universal.

I also want to make the point real quick that if I agree that some women, myself included, are able to be attracted to chubby, stocky, or heavy men... It's not a matter of saying "I like chubby men" like I'm fetishizing that or I'm only attracted to that body type. It simply doesn't matter much to me, is all, except in terms of extremes...I am neither into adolescent skinny body types, nor massive, pendulous, enormous bellies...I am happy to accept, if my other factors of attraction are present, people who are in a very broad range of "normal."

If anything, I would say that a man's hair is vastly more important (if I had to point to a physical feature) than body shape. I do have a kind of "yum" moment over men who have healthy, beautiful long hair...I also love when an older man has full hair that is silvering (present-day Jeff Goldblum, Taika Waititi, or Bruce Campbell, they are all looking hotter now to me than they did when young--they rock their silver nicely.) Fully bald is a good look for some guys, especially paired with the right facial hair style. But that partially balding, desperately holding onto the wee curtains of hair around the edges thing...no. Reminds me of my Dad, and that creeps me out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships