Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 08:50 AM

1,168 posts, read 2,503,632 times

Advertisements

Why haven't they got married, had kids etc..? In your 20's funny (though immoral), in your 30's a bit desperate (still immoral) in you your 40's - sad. There is a time and season for everything. Chapters turn in the book of life. No-point trying to live in chapter 10 for ever - what a boring book that would be. Just my opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2008, 12:01 PM

5,296 posts, read 6,473,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
Good point. Put sex in a show, and mindless people tune in. What is good television is a show without sex that is still entertaining, like Monk or House. No sex, nothing "pushing the envelope" (i.e., shock-value) just good writing, acting, and directing.
That makes up pretty much most of what's out in the movies these days.
Probably explains why I see maybe one movie a year

Old 06-01-2008, 11:09 AM

5,412 posts, read 15,921,648 times
I wonder if any groups of guys went to see this movie. That would be a great initiation to join a frat. I bet some dudes would rather do hazing instead.

Old 06-01-2008, 11:34 AM

I was watching movie reviews last nite and they said that this movie is mostly for women,gay men,or cross-dressers...lol!

Old 06-01-2008, 11:42 AM

I'm sure artsyguy will give a review here before long.

Speaking of movies, I need to watch "Iron Man" soon before it leaves the theaters.

Old 06-01-2008, 01:25 PM

59 posts, read 318,466 times
iron man was awesome! and i'm draggin my man to SATC tonite and i can't WAIT!!

Old 06-01-2008, 09:21 PM

1,105 posts, read 4,570,338 times
I want to know how many people out there that are talking so bad about SaTC have actually watched the show. I watched it when it was on HBO and then I watched all the reruns when they came out on cable. The only girl who sleeps around is Samantha. Carrie, Charlotte, and Miranda all sleep with their boyfriends which is about 90% of the population out there in the real world. you don't see them having one night stands very often. They might have sex more often or more quickly than you would like, but like it or not, it is real world. I have friends that go to church and sleep with their boyfriends much sooner than I would, and I am agnostic and don't ever go to church. I live in the epiteme of suburbia and most of the moms out there love to talk about shoes and clothing and love to buy shoes and clothing. I even have a handful of friends that I would discuss intimate details with and I am a pretty private person.

Like it or not, these girls live in NYC. Put those girls in Kansas and the show just wouldn't work out quite as well and would not be true to life. About 95% of the population in NYC does care about their careers, fashion, and the high life and doesn't get married until they are in their 30s and 40s. Snubbing your nose at the lifestyle of NYC is just as bad as them snubbing their nose at your get married and have kids at 25, stay at home mom, khaki wearing, suburban lifestyle. I can say that because that is exactly what I am myself. I don't know why someone has to villianize a lifestyle that they chose not to pursue. Do you think it is jealousy?

Old 06-01-2008, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn02674 View Post
Put those girls in Kansas and the show just wouldn't work out quite as well and would not be true to life. About 95% of the population in NYC does care about their careers, fashion, and the high life and doesn't get married until they are in their 30s and 40s. Snubbing your nose at the lifestyle of NYC is just as bad as them snubbing their nose at your get married and have kids at 25, stay at home mom, khaki wearing, suburban lifestyle. I can say that because that is exactly what I am myself. I don't know why someone has to villianize a lifestyle that they chose not to pursue. Do you think it is jealousy?
They shouldn't be jealous,as you implied it is a superficial lifestyle. Not the most admirable from what I see. That's why it wouldn't work in Kansas,they're more down to earth albeit not as 'exciting'. They have more family values there,and that is after all what the girls were ultimately after is it not? They would even imply that they'd have to move out to the suburbs or country in order to settle down into that lifestyle.
I think the shoes and clothing were just something to fill the gaps of a lonely life.

Old 06-03-2008, 12:06 PM

1,009 posts, read 2,210,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckPA View Post
They shouldn't be jealous,as you implied it is a superficial lifestyle. Not the most admirable from what I see. That's why it wouldn't work in Kansas,they're more down to earth albeit not as 'exciting'. They have more family values there,and that is after all what the girls were ultimately after is it not? They would even imply that they'd have to move out to the suburbs or country in order to settle down into that lifestyle.
I think the shoes and clothing were just something to fill the gaps of a lonely life.
Word up. Any lifestyle is fine as long as you are fulfilled. The girls of SATC are decidedly not fulfilled. That means they should change their ways

Old 06-03-2008, 12:17 PM

One of my female friends saw this movie and loved it. One of my male friends saw it b/c his wife made him go and he thought it was pretty good. For the hell of it, I may rent it on DVD when it's out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships