Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2021, 10:29 AM

60 posts, read 52,152 times

Advertisements

You are desperately looking for someone - anyone - to say:
"He wants you! He doesn't want his ex back! They are never getting back together! He BLOCKED her and everyone knows that BLOCKING someone is 100% permanent and the definitive favor in determining when someone has fallen out of love! This guy wants you and only you Becky!"

NO ONE is going to tell you this. EVERYONE is telling you that this guy is still involved with his ex and you are being used for a back up and to make the ex girlfriend jealous.

I'm sorry you're hurt and it didn't work out the way you wanted it to. I get it; I was just in a situation where I wanted to believe someone was as into me and I was into him. It hurts and you feel stupid but you have to accept the writing on the wall.

Old 03-02-2021, 10:32 AM

6,562 posts, read 8,396,092 times
What's so special about this guy that you're willing to spend time and money to see him and get caught up in this drama?

Even if he doesn't want to get back together with his ex, I don't believe he's resolved his feelings about that relationship. Whether he's still in love with her or he's just pissed and trying to get revenge, he has some unresolved feelings. Those feelings need to be resolved before he should be in another relationship.

This is a woman he was with for a long time and they broke up just a short time ago. Unresolved feelings.

Old 03-02-2021, 10:32 AM

7,743 posts, read 15,874,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckyd3390 View Post
Wow my best friend just texted me kind of...angry? I updated her and she said,

“He still wants her. He will always want her. In spite of this new drama with them and adding you back, at the end of the day he still wants HER.”

[bleep]
The only [bleep] is you.

It doesn't seem odd to you that her thinking is aligned with what people here are saying? Why are you so desperate for all of us here and your friend to be wrong? What is going on with you?

Last edited by PJSaturn; 03-02-2021 at 05:32 PM..

Old 03-02-2021, 10:33 AM

123 posts, read 69,523 times
Apparently he begged for her to stay....

my cousin just gave me the rundown of their fight. So he got really angry and hurt that she slept with someone else. Said he still wanted to marry her but said some mean things to her. The ex said him being so angry with her when he did the same thing was hypocritical. Apparently l he begged her to stay and asked that she give him time until the end of the week to see a therapist. She walked out. Then he got really angry with her and then started following me.....

Old 03-02-2021, 10:46 AM

3,218 posts, read 2,811,300 times
Didn't read the whole last thread, but I can tell you for certain nobody texts their ex "happy valentine's day" to just be friendly. I had a few exes text me that and it was always followed-up with them wanting to get back together. And that text is the least of it, it's so clear he's not the least bit over her so you're just setting yourself up for heart break.

And besides all that, why would you want to immerse yourself in all this drama? If the person your dating's ex is contacting you to warn you about them, that should be your cue to get out. Whether or not the concern is valid, it's clear there's a lot of unresolved feelings there and who needs to be in the middle of all that drama? Save yourself the heartache and move on. You two don't know each other that well, it should be fairly easy to say bye at this point.

Old 03-02-2021, 10:48 AM

3,218 posts, read 2,811,300 times
Quote:

my cousin just gave me the rundown of their fight. So he got really angry and hurt that she slept with someone else. Said he still wanted to marry her but said some mean things to her. The ex said him being so angry with her when he did the same thing was hypocritical. Apparently l he begged her to stay and asked that she give him time until the end of the week to see a therapist. She walked out. Then he got really angry with her and then started following me.....
And after all this, you still think he has feelings for you?

Old 03-02-2021, 11:56 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,723,158 times
At this point I can't tell if we're being played, if it's just the OP being played, or hell all of us along with her....NO ONE is this naive/dense. I really don't understand what OP sees in this guy...aren't there other guys in your city that you can get attention from? Good lord.....

Last edited by Auraliea; 03-02-2021 at 12:30 PM..

Old 03-02-2021, 02:16 PM

6,868 posts, read 4,870,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly Known As Twenty View Post
Who cares? You know that he was barking up his ex's tree for the entirety of your recent visit. If that wasn't enough to have put you off this guy, I'm not sure that anything else will. Besides, I thought that you "[bleep] hated" him?

Move on to a man who's not only more mature, but more local unless you want to live your life like a soap opera (or a daytime talk show, more like).

NO NO.......a more mature man isn't going to want her. She needs to keep on with this one. LOL. I think she likes the drama. Besides, it provides amusement for the rest of us (or at least for me)!!

Last edited by PJSaturn; 03-02-2021 at 05:32 PM..

Old 03-02-2021, 05:19 PM

6,456 posts, read 3,980,997 times
Quote:

As I said... you chose this. I'm not sure what the reason is to continue to post... you got your man, you got your drama, you ignored everything everyone here said yet you keep coming back expecting us to continue to waste our time "helping" you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
At this point I can't tell if we're being played, if it's just the OP being played, or hell all of us along with her....NO ONE is this naive/dense. I really don't understand what OP sees in this guy...aren't there other guys in your city that you can get attention from? Good lord.....
I haven't really a clue why we're all still wasting our time arguing with her. She decided what she wanted long before she ever posted here the *first* time. Making a second thread was pointless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Twist View Post
NO NO.......a more mature man isn't going to want her. She needs to keep on with this one. LOL. I think she likes the drama. Besides, it provides amusement for the rest of us (or at least for me)!!
Or, doesn't know how to not have drama. Or, is one of those people who confuse drama and insanity for "passion" and "love."

After a while, though, even a trainwreck transitions from being amusing to just painful. Especially the longer it drags on...

Old 03-02-2021, 05:34 PM

44,359 posts, read 20,066,476 times
A second thread on this topic has been merged into the first thread on this topic. This mess of a thread will remain closed.
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships