Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2021, 02:32 PM

48,531 posts, read 34,851,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OscarNiemeyer View Post
The guy is 71. He hasn't dated in decades. He likely has sexual feelings but he may not be sure that his body will work like it did when he was younger.

I don't see his behavior as odd, I see it as age appropriate for his age, but he may have dated someone like you, who shamed him for his equipment not working and now he is insecure about performance issues, which is why he stopped dating. Think about all of the erectile dysfunction ads on tv. Its a fairly commonn issue for older men.
LOL. Where do you get that I have ever shamed a man for not performing? Heck, what makes you think I have even run into that problem?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-03-2021, 02:44 PM

8,226 posts, read 3,422,044 times
Quote:
The guy is older and he hasn't been in a relationship in decades. I suspect this guy likes you, but is just feeling really insecure about things getting sexual.

As men get older, our plumbing doesn't work like it did when we were younger both because of age (and declining testosterone levels) but also possibly because some of the side effects of meds that he may be taking for other health problems.

This guy hasn't been in a relationship in decades. He keeps talking to you because he likes you. But he likely remembers how his body used to function in contrast to how it works now and that might make him feel fairly insecure about how well he will perform now. Again he hasn't dated in decades.

But good sex is just sex that you both enjoy. If his equipment isn't working, there are ED meds that might be helpful and there are also just other ways for the two of you to enjoy sex. But if you made it clear you are willing to work with him through these issues and that you aren't going to shame him if his body doesn't work like it did when he was 19, I think you could get him out of his head for him to relax and be vulnerable enough to be sexual.
Yeah he kept saying he wished he was younger. He is definitely afraid of not being able to do it well enough. I told him it doesn't matter to me. I wasn't sure exactly how to say it. I don't want him to think I don't care at all about sex. I told him I care about affection and hugging, and that is true. I don't care if there is no intercourse. I didn't have intercourse with my bf who died for years, because of his health. I am used to that, and I do not care.

So I hope Larry can stop worrying about that. I think we could have a good enough physical relationship even if there wasn't any intercourse.

Like most men, he is extremely interested in sex, and of course feels bad that it is not part of his life anymore. I hope I reassured him enough.

Well the door is left open now, and I don't want to keep on pestering him. I hope he is glad to know that at least he has an admirer.

Old 03-03-2021, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
Yeah...I guess I'd take that as a red flag, at least. It kind of sounds like he's used to groupies, and he thinks of you like he thinks of groupies. (Maybe that's just where my mind goes because he's musician.)
That is possible. But from what he said, he doesn't have groupies and he was surprised when I said I think he's cute. He really is, but not in a standard way. He's really different and almost weird. I like that!!

Old 03-03-2021, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
You might not have minded, but it shows you where his mindset is. Confused.

Starts sexual stuff that he is not sure he can follow through with. I find that odd.

Why haven't you met yet? You could easily meet, with masks, for a hike or something.
He is being extremely careful, not seeing anyone aside from his kid who lives at home. And since we started talking, it has been winter weather, which he does not go out to walk in.

Old 03-03-2021, 02:56 PM

Quote:
The guy is 71. He hasn't dated in decades. He likely has sexual feelings but he may not be sure that his body will work like it did when he was younger.

I don't see his behavior as odd, I see it as age appropriate for his age, but he may have dated someone like you, who shamed him for his equipment not working and now he is insecure about performance issues, which is why he stopped dating. Think about all of the erectile dysfunction ads on tv. Its a fairly commonn issue for older men.
He is very insecure about it, has tried to stop thinking about it. But he talks about it, because obviously he still wants it.

He did mention women he dated who immediately focused in on only one body part, and how he didn't like that.

Old 03-03-2021, 03:20 PM

I also wonder why these conversations last so long. They go on for hours, mostly him talking/writing. Since I like him, I don't want to end it, but half my day goes by. If he didn't like me, he would keep the conversations short, right?

I mean, everyone likes to talk about themself and I'm a good llistener. But I hope it's more than just that.

Old 03-03-2021, 03:22 PM

4,042 posts, read 2,711,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
I also wonder why these conversations last so long. They go on for hours, mostly him talking/writing. Since I like him, I don't want to end it, but half my day goes by. If he didn't like me, he would keep the conversations short, right?

I mean, everyone likes to talk about themself and I'm a good llistener. But I hope it's more than just that.
I hope it is more than that too! Good luck

Old 03-03-2021, 03:25 PM

48,531 posts, read 34,851,331 times
My MIL is in his age bracket, and all she wants is someone to listen to her. She'll talk about herself for hours, and it has nothing to do with whether she likes you or not. She will hijack every conversation and turn it into stuff about her.

She complained that she knew nothing about me, so was looking forward to lunch with me and my Mom. She spent the whole lunch talking, my Mom and I just sat there and ate. My husband asked his mom afterwards "so what did you learn about M's mom?"

She had nothing.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-03-2021, 03:50 PM

762 posts, read 452,309 times
Not old or lovesick but why would you want a man who you have to rope, mold and sculpt into being with you. Personally I prefer a partner where it's reciprocal.

Old 03-03-2021, 03:56 PM

226 posts, read 298,067 times
For now I would table the sex talk and just keep things friendly. Perhaps when the weather warms and you have both been vaccinated you can arrange a meeting. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships